Chris Lai Lok Yi marries millionaire girlfriend, Nicole Lee

sugarplum892

Chris Lai Lok Yi marries millionaire girlfriend, Nicole LeeSource: HKCNA / SingTaoImages: The Sun / Metro DailyTranslated: Chole C
Nicole Lee angered by paparazzi's breach of privacy

Chris Lai and 2 year girlfriend, Nicole Lee, who participated in the Miss Hong Kong Pageant a few years back, finally got married on the 11th of November. They held a 24 table banquet at Hong Kong Parkview. However, even until today, since the beginning of the relationship, there were always negative news surrounding the pair, as Nicole is the heiress of her father's 500 million dollar company, while Chris' financial situation is far off compared to that. Chris could only bear with the news, but he used action to prove himself, as the wedding fees were all paid by him this time. Asked if they will hurry and try to have a baby after marriage, the couple expressed: "Not yet, two person world first!" 
In the afternoon, Chris Lai and his bride, Nicole Lee, met the media in their wedding outfits. The bride wore a 5 carat diamond necklace with earrings, looking extremely elegant. When the two took photos for the media, they posed and kissed sweetly twice as requested by the reporters. Chris revealed that when he read his vows, he kept stumbling, which his wife laughed at him for. 
Asked how much the wedding cost, Chris replied that it is a secret: "The most important is that my wife is happy. The bill hasn't been given to me yet." The bride, Nicole Lee, added: "We haven't swiped the card yet, we will pay tonight." Asked who is responsible for paying, Chris said: "I am paying for everything." 
The car used to pick up the bride on their wedding day was not under the groom's name. Chris expressed that the car is his father-in-law's. As for reports saying that Chris is "marrying into" the Lee family, he helplessly said: "Can't do anything about it. I will have to respond to tomorrow's news. It's okay as long as me, my wife and our family understands. We also understand that there is disparity in our wealth, but I will work hard and pull the distance closer. Hopefully time will prove everything." Asked about the rumours of the female side buying a house for him, Chris revealed that after marriage, he and his wife will be living in his village house in Tai Po. The main reason is so that it is convenient for him to go to work and film for "Come Home Love". They will not move into the new house that has just been renovated in Yuen Long yet. They will wait for "Come Home Love" until next June and then consider to move in. Although he just got married, he only took a 3 day break; therefore the honeymoon will have to wait until he finishes work. However, they have already planned a one month long trip to Australia to enjoy their alone time. Speaking of the couple's relationship being "the woman is above he man" (due to their wealth difference), Chris honestly said: "It's not a problem as long as the female side understands. I will continue to work hard and earn money. I've always had a good relationship with my wife's family. They see me as their own son too." 
The eight groomsmen on the big night included actors, Ekin Cheng, Wong Yi Man and Patrick Tang. Celebrity guests included Linda Chung, Joey Law, Lisa Chong, Roxanne Tong, Yoyo Mung, Moses Chan, Sharon Chan, Christine Ng, etc. Linda Chung expressed that back then, she and Chris Lai were also part of "TVB 12 Stars". They've known each other and grown together for 10 years. Witnessing the moment of him getting married, she was touched to tears. 
Yesterday, Chris accepted a phone interview and expressed: "Really need to thank my wife. The wedding banquet was decorated very nicely, in a fantasy theme. Everyone had a great time. (Did groomsmen, Ekin Cheng and Patrick Tang sing to lift up the atmosphere?) I wanted them to sing too! But in the end, I sang "Only Love You This Lifetime", so instead, they became my human metronome." His wife, Nicole, also sang; singing a song for their two mothers. She became so touched that she cried while she sang.

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Nicole Lee angered by paparazzi's breach of privacy

14 Nov – Beauty heiress Nicole Lee recently expressed her frustration over photos of her wedding guest, Vivian Lai being published in the tabloids.

According to Mingpao News, the tabloids recently released photos of the Singapore-based actress at Nicole and actor Lai Lok Yi's wedding, after she was spotted with rumoured boyfriend and 'Duty-Free King', Zheng Yin Nan.

The rumoured couple became the focus of the wedding, frustrating Nicole, who believed that the paparazzi had breached the boundary by harassing artistes at the private event.

Nicole recently turned to her Weibo and expressed, "The only thing that I regret at my wedding was that the paparazzi came wearing a dinner suit, and quietly recorded the wedding."

"While I don't mind that they recorded my wedding, I am angered by the fact that they photographed my guests as well."

Nicole also apologised to her guests for the breach of privacy, saying that she didn't know that such an incident would occur.

"We respect the media and arranged time for them in the afternoon. But the paparazzi sneaked into the event and disturbed our guests. This shows the lack of basic respect, courtesy and good behaviour altogether," she said.

Husband Lai Lok Yi then replied, "My wedding is one of the most important days of my life. Why would you choose this day to hurt my guests and the people I care about?"

Source

Archived