UPDATED-Wilber Pan: I'm back!

sugarplum892

Wilber Pan discharged from hospital
BBaTrpS.img?h=420&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=fBBaTjFz.img?h=420&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

A week after Taiwanese-based singer Wilber Pan sustained a 17cm-long head injury during a mid-air stunt rehearsal for his concert at the Taipei Arena, he has been discharged from the hospital yesterday.
The 34-year-old expressed gratitude for the concern he received through his management label, “To avoid disturbing the public and other patients, Wilber has returned home to recuperate. We thank the medical personnel of Cathay General Hospital for their care.”
The doctor praised Wilber for his amazing recovery speed, but advised him from wearing any caps in the time being to prevent infection. As he had to shave the hair around the wound, the earliest he can perform again is believed to be in February, after his hair grows out and when he fully recovers.
In addition to the concert, 10 other activities organised by sponsors from now till mid-December have been cancelled too, causing an estimated loss of NT$10million (approximately S$420,000).
After Wilber promised that he will be back for another gig, his manager revealed they have arranged for a new date at the Taipei Arena and the quickest will be next year.

Source

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Wilber Pan cancels activities for more than a monthWilber Pan cancels activities for more than a month

4 Nov – After a few days in the hospital caused by an accident during a concert rehearsal back on 24 October, Taiwanese singer Wilber Pan has finally been discharged.

As reported on BBC News, on 30 October, the singer's manager revealed that Wilber is in good condition and has left the hospital to continue recuperation at home.

He was also advised not to wear any form of caps and hats to prevent infection.

However, the manager stated that Wilber's activities for the next one and a half months have been cancelled to give way to full recovery.

Wilber's manager also revealed that they have plans to reschedule the earlier cancelled Taipei Arena performance, but may have to delay it to next year.

The actual date is temporarily undetermined.

Source

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Wilber Pan's first appearance after hospitalisationWilber Pan's first appearance after hospitalisation

8 Nov – Wilber Pan, who was hospitalised more than a week ago, recently made his first appearance at a university for a campus discussion.

As reported on Mingpao News, Wilber, who hid his bandages under a hat, was quite energetic on stage as he talked and joked with the students.

When asked about his injury, which he obtained after falling on the floor during his concert rehearsal two weeks ago, Wilber said, "[After I fell] I only saw the [Taipei] Arena ceiling and hear the sound of an ambulance. I couldn't help but shed a few tears, thinking that I wasn't willing to go."

Though the singer is slowly recovering, he said that the doctors had asked him to be careful about his condition.

Asked if he would return to work anytime soon, Wilber said, "Not now. I can sing and rap well, but I can't dance for the time being."

And though he hopes to return to the Taipei Arena after cancelling the concert due to his condition, Wilber said that he will have to wait for the venue's schedule arrangements.

Source

• 1 month later...

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Wilber Pan: I'm back!Wilber Pan: I'm back!

15 Dec – Taiwanese singer Wilber Pan recently announced that his previously-halted Taipei Arena concert has been rescheduled to 31 January 2015.

As reported on UDN News, the singer, who had to postpone the original concert back in October after suffering a head injury during the rehearsal, recently announced the news shortly after attending the 2014 China Mobile Migu Music Festival, where he won Hong Kong and Taiwan Most Popular Male Singer and 2014 Best-Selling Single.

The singer also turned to his Facebook on 13 December to reveal the news. In a long post expressing his desire to return to the arena, Wilber stated, "When the blood was dripping on my hands, I asked, "Can I still perform?", when I sat in the ambulance on the way to the hospital, I asked the medical staff, "I can sing?", when the injury on my head was stitched up, I asked the physician, "I can sing tomorrow?"

"When the morning came, and I saw my mum and my dad, [...], I told myself over and over again that I must return to the Arena to finish the show. [...]Some dream you must hold on to. Some commitment you must complete. To conquer the Arena is to conquer fate," said Wilber.

In a 51-second video that shows Wilber getting up from his hospital bed and walking to the Taipei Arena Stadium, his voice can be heard saying "I'm back" with the numbers "1/31/2015" showing at the end.

Source

Archived