Director: Lee Myung Woo

Writer: Park Kyung Soo

Network: SBS

Genre: Political, thriller, melodrama

Episodes: 19

Release Date: 15 December 2014

Runtime: Mondays & Tuesdays 22:00 

Plot
The drama will be about prosecutors high-up in the supreme court — the hero is a chief investigative prosecutor named Park Jeong-hwan (Kim Rae-won) who finds out he has six months left to live, and on the other side is a prosecutor general Lee Tae-joon (Jo Jae-Kyun) who’s neck-deep in corruption. The drama follows the last six months of the hero’s life after he finds out he’s dying, and is described as “the story of a man who throws his final punch at the world, as he says farewell to this life.(Dramabeans)

Lee Tae Joon (Jo Jae Kyun) is the Public Prosecutor General, a jovial man with a thick Kyungsangdo accent who hums trot songs all day long. He’s got the outward appearance and personality of a gregarious village chief, while hiding an ice-cold disposition underneath. He’s famous for stripping countless prosecutors of their jobs, and has a long history of backdoor illegal activity, which he naturally keeps under wraps.   Shin Ha-kyung (Kim A-joong) is a prosecutor who has refused extremely high-paying jobs at large firms, and instead fights for justice.

Park Jung-Hwan (Kim Rae-Won) is the chief of the anticorruption investigation team for the Supreme Prosecutors' Office. To get to his position, he has made compromises on achieving justice. Park Jung-Hwan then learns that he has a malignant brain tumor and does not have much time to left. To end his life without regrets, he points a gun at corrupt Public Prosecutor General Lee Tae-Joon (Cho Jae-Hyun). Park Jung-Hwan’s ex-wife Shin Ha-Gyung (Kim A-Joong), who is also a prosecutor, knows about Park Jung-Hwan’s situation and helps him. Asianwiki

Cast

tumblr_ndnp4qvOg31sdd1ivo1_r2_540.png

Kim Rae-Won as Park Jeong-hwan
Jo Jae-hyun as  Lee Tae-joon (Public Prosecutor General)
Kim Ah-joong as prosecutor Shin Ha Kyung
Choi Myoung-Gil as Yoon Ji-Sook (Minister of Justice)
Park Hyeok-Kwon as Prosecutor Jo Gang-Jae
Kim Ji-Young as Park Ye-Rin ( Park Jeong-hwan`s daughter)
Seo Ji-hye as Choi Yeo-jin
Ohn Joo-wan as Lee Ho-seong
Lee Han-Wi as Detective Oh Dong-Choon
Lee Young-Eun as Park Hyun Sun (Jung-Hwan's younger sister)
Ryu Seung-Soo as Yang Sang Ho (special appearance)
Kim Eung-Soo as Jung Gook Hyun
Jang Hyun- sung as Jang Min Suk
Lee Ki-Young as Lee Tae Sub
Song Ok-Suk as Jung Hwan's mother
Kang Ha-Neul - prosecutor (cameo)

Character posters

Park Jeong Hwan (37)
WE58294175_w666.jpg

Lee Tae Joon (52)
WE52901491_w666.jpg

Shin Ha Kyung (35)
WE51142872_w666.jpg

Lee Ho-seong (37)
WE46330157_w666.jpg

Yoon Ji-Sook (54)
WE16176204_w666.jpg

Trailers

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I`ve been waiting to start the thread for this drama and finally we have two confirmations. Jo Jae Hyun and Choi Myoung Gil. Jo Jae Hyun agreed to play in it as the antagonist earlier. His agency said that the actor made a verbal agreement and a verbal agreement are actually as binding as a written contract but now many sources say that the actor and Choi Myung-gil are confirmed. The hero will probably be Kim Rae-won if he will sign for this drama. I am glad that Punch secured the schedule for December. Hurrah! 

@vaiduakhu Finally more info about this drama. There was a little backstage drama but hopefully for us we have good news. December drama it is. :)

photo credit: starnews

Jo Jae-hyun teams with Chaser writer for new drama Punch by girlfriday | October 16, 2014 | 19 Comments

JoJaeHyun1.jpg

asting has begun on the new drama from rising star writer Park Kyung-soo, of the taut dramatic thrillers The Chaser and Empire of Gold. His third drama for SBS, called Punch, has scored the Monday-Tuesday timeslot this winter. The offer is currently out to TV veteran Jo Jae-hyun (Jung Do-jeon) to star, which kind of makes me think that he and Kim Sang-joong are just trading places — Kim Sang-joong was in The Chaser and is looking at the Jung Do-jeon follow-up sageuk, while Jo Jae-hyun is just going in the opposite direction. Badass ajusshi high-five!

Jo Jae-hyun won’t be the main character of Punch, but that hardly means anything since the award-winning performances in Park’s dramas often come from the supporting cast, especially the villains. The drama will be about prosecutors high-up in the supreme court — the hero is a chief investigative prosecutor who finds out he has six months left to live, and Jo Jae-hyun has been cast as the public prosecutor general (aka attorney general, in the U.S.) who’s neck-deep in corruption. Full article: Dramabeans

Jo Jae-hyeon in SBS "Punch - Drama"

photo506601.jpg

Actor Jo Jae-hyeon is starring in the new SBS drama "Punch - Drama". His agency announced that he's verbally agreed to the contract for now.

Jo Jae-hyeok takes on the role of Lee Tae-joon, the Chief prosecutor who's involved in the 6-month history recordings of Head chief investigator named Park Jeong-hwan, a man who says goodbye to life as he crosses a world which he'll never return from. Hancinema

Kim Rae-won courted to headline legal thriller Punch by girlfriday | October 28, 2014 | 3 Comments

KimRaeWon1.jpg

An offer is out to Kim Rae-won to star, which would mark his first small-screen role in three years since his army comeback drama Thousand Day Promise.

Punch is the highly anticipated third outing from writer Park Kyung-soo, of The Chaser and Empire of Gold. This time he’s pairing up with Fashion King PD Lee Myung-woo, which is frankly a little worrisome. Jo Jae-hyun (Jung Do-jeon) was the first name attached to the project, and has since confirmed, and veteran actress Choi Myung-gil (older Mi-rae in Mi-rae’s Choice) has also signed on.

Full article: Dramabeans

I'm so glad for the confirmations! I love Jo Jae Hyun since Piano (This drama is also his return to SBS)It seems that Go Soo is out. Sad, I wanted a Piano reunion.

larus said: Kim Rae-won courted to headline legal thriller Punch by girlfriday | October 28, 2014 | 3 Comments

KimRaeWon1.jpg

An offer is out to Kim Rae-won to star, which would mark his first small-screen role in three years since his army comeback drama Thousand Day Promise.

Punch is the highly anticipated third outing from writer Park Kyung-soo, of The Chaser and Empire of Gold. This time he’s pairing up with Fashion King PD Lee Myung-woo, which is frankly a little worrisome. Jo Jae-hyun (Jung Do-jeon) was the first name attached to the project, and has since confirmed, and veteran actress Choi Myung-gil (older Mi-rae in Mi-rae’s Choice) has also signed on.

Full article: Dramabeans

@valsava, @suchadiva42, I am glad to see both of you in this thread too. I am confidant that Punch will be a good drama. I trust the writer and the cast.
I saw  Kim Rae Won only in Gourmet. I liked him. From synopsis, I Imagined a tough prosecutor, a person with a cold exterior but with with a good heart, "a lonely wolf". But it is not the case. The hero has a young daughter (he has a family) and knowing his cruel fate that makes everything more heartbreaking and his mission has more meanings.

@Atet12 I don`t know if Go Soo was really in the negotiations. It was just a rumor or maybe he was. I read that this drama had some difficulty finding the hero. I am curious what other names they had in mind before they gave the offer to Kim Rae-won.  Hope the cast is finalized soon.

I don`t think I saw Kim Ji-young in a drama but I like talented child actors.

The hero has a daughter so they have to cast as a supporting role the mother of the child. A wife or ex wife. Please writer, don`t make the hero a single parent. We`ll see. I love father-daughter interactions in kdramas.

Well, Go Soo isn't exactly my cup of tea (I didn't like him in Empire of Gold"). I think he was courted, but declined the offer. I'm just excited about the Piano reunion.
About Kim Rae Won, I haven' seen him in previous works so I can't comment.Let's hope a quick confirmation for the hero. Anyway, Jo Jae Hyun needs a strong opposite figure.

Hello @everyone... :-h
My first post in here. Thank you for all update.

# News
Kim Ah Joong Looking Over Role in New SBS Legal Drama "Punch"
jun2yng October 30, 2014

kim-ah-joong-1.png

Actress Kim Ah Joong is currently looking into SBS’ new Monday-Tuesday drama “Punch,” for her long-awaited small screen comeback.

“Punch” is a legal drama portraying the last six months of Prosecutor Park Jung Hwan, the investigative chief of the Supreme Prosecutor’s Office, and juxtaposes justice and corruption in the legal world. Kim Ah Joong is currently looking over the role of prosecutor Shin Ha Kyung.

In the drama, Shin Ha Kyung is a character who turns down extremely high-paying jobs at large firms, and instead fights for justice. If Kim Ah Joong takes a role in the drama, it will be her first drama appearance in three years since SBS’ “Sign” in 2011. Also reported to be looking into the drama is actor Kim Rae Won.

Source : Soompi

I hope she accepts. Kim Ah Joong is an amazing and beautiful actress.
DRAMA CASTING & NEWSLegal thriller Punch lines up supporting castby javabeans | October 30, 2014 | 6 Comments

ohnjoowan_26.jpg

With Kim Rae-won now settled as lead, legal thriller Punch is lining up the rest of its cast, and three names are currently in the headlines as “probable but not 100% confirmed yet” selections: Kim Ah-joong (Sign), Ohn Joo-wan (Surplus Princess), and Seo Ji-hye(49 Days).

MOD EDIT: PLEASE DO NOT POST FULL ARTICLES FROM DRAMABEANS.

OH, we have more casting news. I saw Seo Ji-hye in 49 Days drama but never saw Kim Ah-joong acting but I heard many good things about her. I hope she will sign with this drama and I can`t wait to watch her on screen. I think all the names we heard about it will participate in this drama.

They have the script reading this week-end? Good! We want pictures. ;)

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Kim Rae Won and Kim Ah Joong Confirm for “Punch,” Both Making Three-Year Drama Comebacks
kim-rae-won-kim-ah-joong-800x450.png

Actors Kim Rae Won and Kim Ah Joong have both confirmed for the newSBS legal drama “Punch.”

A drama representative said on November 1 that the two have been cast, and that they had their first script reading on October 31. “Punch” will be the first drama appearance in three years for both actors, Kim Rae Won having last starred in 2011′s “A Thousand Days’ Promise” and Kim Ah Joong in “Sign.”

“Punch” is a legal drama portraying the last six months of Prosecutor Park Jung Hwan, the investigative chief of the Supreme Prosecutor’s Office, and juxtaposes justice and corruption in the legal world. Kim Rae Won will be playing Park Jung Hwan, who changes his way of life once in the face of death, and Kim Ah Joong will be playing Shin Ha Kyung, who is seemingly perfect but has difficulty winning Park Jung Hwan’s heart.

“Punch” will air sometime mid-December following the conclusion of “Secret Door.”

Soompi

Edit :
Sorry, i didn't notice the article already posted. :D
I replace it. Thanks to Baidu for new information.
Another cast "Lee Young Eun" as Park Jeong Hwan's sister.

# News
[단독] 이영은, SBS ‘펀치’ 출연 확정…결혼 후 ‘첫 작품’기사입력
2014-11-01 10:02:28
20140801_1406852567_93152000_1.jpg?1414803549
1일 한 방송 관계자는 TV리포트에 “이영은이 SBS 새 월화드라마 ‘펀치’에 출연한다”고 전했다.

극중 이영은은 박정환(김래원)의 여동생 박현선으로 분한다. 박정환의 도움으로 대학을 졸업해 의사가 된 인물로, 오빠와 많은 대화를 나누며 위로가 되는 여동생이다.

Full Article : tvreport
- Other News : news.chosun (OSEN)

# News
Jang Hyun Sung
[단독] 장현성, '비밀의 문' 이어 '펀치' 출연 확정
[일간스포츠]입력 2014.11.01 14:27
htm_20141101142739c010c011.jpg
배우 장현성(44)이 '펀치' 출연을 확정지으며 쉼없이 내달린다.

1일 한 드라마 관계자는 "장현성이 SBS 새 월화극 '펀치' 출연을 확정하고 지난 31일 첫 대본리딩에 참석했다"고 밝혔다.

장 현성은 극중 검사를 맡아 극의 몰입도를 높이고 이끌어가는데 기여할 것으로 보인다. 이로써 현재 방송되고 있는 월화극 '비밀의 문'에 이어 후속작까지 출연을 확정, 올초 '쓰리데이즈'를 포함해 1년 동안 SBS 작품만 세 편을 하게 됐다. 영화 '세시봉' 촬영을 끝내고 '성난 변호사' 크랭크인을 기다리는 등 쉴 새 없이 연기자로 활동하고 있다.

'펀치'는 대검찰청 반부패부 수사지휘과장 검사의 생애 마지막 6개월 기록을 그린다. 다시는 오지 못할 이 세상을 건너가면서 인생과 작별하는 남자가 세상을 향해 날리는 마지막 펀치를 담아낸다.

김아중·김래원·최명길·조재현·서지혜·온주완·이영은·박혁권 등이 출연한다.

'비밀의 문' 후속으로 첫 방송은 다음달 15일.

김진석 기자 superjs@joongang.co.kr
Source : isplus
- Other News : star.mt.co.kr

So many casting news.
본문이미지
credit>.koreadaily

Actor Ryu Seung-Soo will collaborate again with the writer Park Kyung Soo after Empire of Gold. I heard that Ryu Seung Soo will play in another drama but I am glad that he will have a role in Punch too. I am looking forward to see him again.

Another big name,  Kim Eung-Soo. I want translated news to see what characters they will play in Punch.

본문이미지
photo credit:  .koreadaily

Archived