Genre: Period, Drama, Romance, Revenge

Episodes: 81

Director: Zhèng Xiǎo Lóng

Scriptwriters: Jiǎng Shèng Nán & Wáng Xiǎo Píng

Production Period: September 6. 2014 -  January 29, 2015

Broadcast Period: November 30, 2015 - January 9, 2016

Related Drama: The Legend of Zhen Huan (Empress in the Palace) 后宫·甄嬛传

Cast:

Betty Sun Li - Mǐ Yue (Qin Princess/Empress Xuan)

Liú Tāo - Mǐ Shū (Mǐ Yue's elder sister)
Alex Fāng Zhōng Xìn - Prince Qin

Huáng Xuān - Huáng Xiē/Prince Chǔ (Mǐ Yue's childhood sweetheart)
Gāo Yún Xiáng - Wáng Dí Lí
Mǎ Sū - Wèi Yǎn
Jiāng Hóng Bō
Mò Shǎo CōngZǔ FēngCáo ZhēngMáo Jùn Jié - Mèng Yíng (Empress Xuan's daughter)
Sūn Qiàn - Empress Xuan's mother

Synopsis:

In the Warring States period, Mi Yue (Sun Li) is King Wei of Chu’s favorite little princess, but after her father’s death, her life falls to chaos. Her mother is cast out of the palace by the Queen of Chu, and Mi Yue and her brother Mi Rong hide in the palace, avoiding disaster after disaster. Mi Yue had had a childhood sweetheart, but is instead sent as an attendant to the state of Qin when her sister, Mi Shu (Liu Tao), marries there. Mi Shu becomes the queen of Qin, while Mi Yue becomes a consort. After Mi Yue gives birth to her son (Alex Fong), her relationship with Mi Shu deteriorates (both begin to engage in harem politics). Later, Mi Yue and Mi Shu are sent to the far away state of Yan, but unexpectedly, Mi Shu’s son dies, and Qin enters internal turmoil. Mi Yue’s son becomes the next king of Qin, and Mi Yue becomes the first empress dowager in history, “The Empress Dowager Xuan.”

Watch it here with English subs!

Credit: Cfensi

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Raw Trailer:

OSTs:

Ā lǔ ā zhuō - West Wind

Chen Si Si - Full Moon

https://youtu.be/LegNKsB1z8I

Huò zūn - Yīrén rú mèng

Additional Links:

The Legend of Miyue 羋月傳 Viki English Subbed Episodes

The Legend of Miyue 羋月傳 Raw Episodes
The Legend of Miyue 羋月傳 Facebook Page
The Legend of Miyue 羋月傳 Official Weibo Fan Page

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 9 months later...

I was really worried this wouldn't live up to Zhen Huan Zhuan but after viewing the first four episodes, it seems to be off to a nice start. The sheer number of episodes makes me blanch though. My interest fades and wanes like crazy.

Have watched until ep 18 so far.  Great drama...comparable with Zhen Huang Zhuan or even better because more handsome men in this one than ZHZ....where only the ugly emperor, the prince she loves and the powerless doctor.  In this one, there are more talented, good-looking and powerful men for her to choose from... :D 

Have watched 6 episodes. To be honest I'm sorta disappointed. So far it is not as good as I expected, let alone to be comparable to The Legend of Zhenhuan. I will continue watching it. Hope my opinion will change. 

Btw, 3-4 days ago the rating on Douban was 6.4/10. Right now 5.7/10. I'm not the person to trust Douban rating a lot, but it does reflect something.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm now 30 episodes into this drama and absolutely loving it. It's comparable to Zhen Huan, but with more storyline shifts I feel, especially since the setting changes as we follow Mi Yue through her travels. 

Sun Li's acting only seems to get better as the episodes progress. 

I'm on ep 57 of this drama so far I'd give it a 7.5/10 stars. The main lead is a great actress and even though it is my first time watching a drama with Alex Fong (Emperor Ying Si) he is a pretty decent actor. I really liked his character minus the many wives (:P haha ). Hopefully this drama won't disappoint me and if you're watching it I hope it won't disappoint you as well.

64 episodes into the show and I really want MiYue to have a bit of Zhen Huan spunk. She needs to stop sitting on the sidelines and tolerating everything. Waiting for the change...if there is one. Gao YunXiang's character also seems to come around each time she needs help...but I feel like MiYue mistreats him. 

As for Zhang Zi (spoiler ahead)...what the...how can they kill him off like that....I thought he was going to be back and help MiYue when her and her son take over the thrown. . 

On 1/1/2016 at 6:12 AM, Mangoberrie said:

64 episodes into the show and I really want MiYue to have a bit of Zhen Huan spunk. She needs to stop sitting on the sidelines and tolerating everything. Waiting for the change...if there is one. Gao YunXiang's character also seems to come around each time she needs help...but I feel like MiYue mistreats him. 

As for Zhang Zi (spoiler ahead)...what the...how can they kill him off like that....I thought he was going to be back and help MiYue when her and her son take over the thrown. . 

I just finished Ep 66.   Someone shared that she has finished all 81 episodes of it.  Anyone knows where to watch until ep 81?  I find it a pain to wait for the update daily.  Indeed she seems to be taking a long time to show her "spunkiness".   In historical records, she was not recorded with a good reputation as in she got her power using 美人计..  In this drama, she is portrayed to be a strategic and controlled person.

The other thing I saw an interview with Sun Li, she was always concerned about acting like ZhenHuan...so I believe she consciously acted not anything like her.  In order not to be acting like ZH, she even went to the extent to request for as few scenes as possible with the cast in ZH, even though a number of them were re-cast in this Miyue.  The director and script-writer indeed took note that there were not many scenes with the ZH cast cos Sun Li said that strong memories of ZH drama would return to her and that might affect her acting as Miyue.

Spoiler

It may seem that Miyue mistreats YiQuJun but she became his women(Ep 66 he saved her) and in real history she had 2 kids with him and eventually killed him after 30 years due to political reasons...but in the drama they only had 1 kid and I guess she killed him like historical records cos later she had another boy-lover who looked like ZiXie appeared in her life until her end days.

In real history, Miyue is portrayed as a wanton woman who raised to political power by sleeping with powerful men.  In this drama, they painted her more like a heroine because people also believed that without her reigning China during that period, Shi Wang Ti would not be able to unite the entire China during his reign later.

@lovehbhjw2013

Hello, First of all I'm happy that you are watching this drama along with the others on this thread. I hope that you don't get upset with my comment regrading your recent post but I just read your comment and I wished you would have wrote spoiler in your comment as I am on ep 67 but I didn't know about

Spoiler

the death of GYXiang's character and about the other children she will have etc etc.

I was completely shocked to hear that because I haven't even watched to that part of the story yet. I hope I don't come off as rude but I just wanted you to know that there may be others who haven't seen the drama or know those details as well so it would be kind to let ppl know what they will be walking into. Thanks for reading have a happy new year :).

Archived