20141121112807.jpg

20141121112749.jpg

Drama: Servants/ Maids (working title)

Hangul: 하녀들

TV network: jTBC

Director: Jo Heon-tak

Writer: Jo Hyeon- kyeong

Episodes: 20

Genre:drama, historical  (modern sageuk)

Release Date: 12 December 2014( one episode);  23rd January2015

Runtime: Friday- Saturday, 9;50 PM

Plot

The story of slaves in the Joseon times and a modern historical drama about the one who overcomes status and class. (Hancinema)

Set in the Joseon Dynasty, three women learn what love means as they try to navigate through the class system and survive. In Yup is a beautiful noblewoman who becomes a servant overnight when her father is framed and labeled a traitor. She ends up falling in love with a fellow servant, Moo Myung, while working for the royal family, and becomes friends with her own handmaiden Sa Wol thanks to their shared experiences. Meanwhile Ga Hee is the most famous geisha of the city but with her own aspirations for romance. She falls in love with Moo Myung, but what can she do when his heart lies elsewhere? (Dramafever)

Eun-gi (Kim Dong-wook) is a man who has everything from intelligence to looks. He is the chosen groom for In Yeop/Yeob, the female lead, and forms a rivalry with Moo-myeong (Oh Ji-ho), a mysterious handsome man and a skilled warrior. Moo-myeong is a slave with a brilliant mind but, in reality, he is working on a secret undercover mission in the Manwoldang. In Yeop (Jeong Yoo-mi) is a beautiful noblewoman who is very well dress and has many admirers but one day she ends up in the lowest class as a slave servant because her father was framed as a traitor. She will struggle with being born of the highest class but having to survive by her wits as a lowly maid. In Yeop and Heo Yoon-Ok (Lee Shi-ah) used to be frenemies who were always rivals to be the prettiest and most popular young lady in their social circle, and later, our heroine will become Yoon-ok`s maid. Heo Yoon-Seo (Lee Yi- kyung) is Yoon-ok`s brother, a  rebellious playboy who’s a constant disappointment to his family. He is involved with Dan-ji (Jeon So Min) a beautiful maid who uses her beauty for her own benefit.

Cast

tumblr_nd8fyiLBxr1sdd1ivo1_r4_1280.png

Jeong Yu-mi as Guk In Yeob

Oh Ji-ho as Moo-myeong

Kim Dong Wook as Kim Eun-gi

Lee Shi-ah as Heo Yoon-Ok

Lee Yi-kyung as Heo Yoon-Seo

Kim Gab Soo as Kim Chi-Gwon

Jin Hee Kyung as Kim Chi-Gwon's Wife Han

Park Chul-Min as Heo Eung-Cham 

Jeon Mi-Sun as Heo Eung-Cham's Wife Yoon 

Lee Chae-young as Ga Hee-A

Lee Cho-Hee as Sa-Wol

Ahn Nae-sang as Lee Bang-Won (King Taejong)

Jeon So-min as Dan-ji

Ji_Seung-Hyun as Deok-Goo

Lee Yeon-Kyung as Dan-Ji's mother

Chae Gook-Hee as Hae-Sang

Kim Jong-Hoon as Ddeokshwoi 

Jeon Soo-Jin as Gaeddong-Yi

Kim Hye-Na as Ok-Yi

Lim Hyun-Sung as Poong-Yi

Yang Seung-Pil as Ba-Woo

Character posters

Maids-1_1.jpg

Maids-5.jpg

Maids-6.jpg

Maids-4.jpg
Maids-3.jpg
Maids-2.jpg

Official site

http://drama.jtbc.joins.com/housemaid/housemaid_op.html

Teasers/Trailers

New Teaser

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh Ji-ho heads back to the Joseon era in late fall by awcoconuts | September 23, 2014 | 17 Comments

ohjiho_124.jpg

He of the magnificent dimples is returning to dramaland for the first time since tying the knot back in April (excuse me for a moment while I mourn his bachelorhood). A JTBC source has confirmed that Oh Ji-ho (Ghost-Seeing Detective Cheo-yong, God of the Workplace) will play the lead in the cable channel’s upcoming “modern sageuk” show Maids (a working title). FULL ARTICLE  Dramabeans

Kim Dong-wuk to comeback with upcoming JTBC drama "Servants"

photo492061.jpg

Actor Kim Dong-wuk chose "Servants" as his comeback drama.

According to several sources, Kim Dong-wuk was offered a role in the new JTBC drama "Servants".

Kim Dong-wuk was offered the role of Eun-gi, a man who has everything from intelligence to looks. He is the chosen groom for Eun-ki, the female lead and forms a rival route with Moo-myeong (Oh Ji-ho)
 credit: Hancinema/

Source : tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/r...

Hope this drama will be a good one. It sounds interesting because we don't see many sageuks where people from the lower class are the main characters. Oh Ji ho played in Chuno a slave, right? I think this drama is different. So far we have little information about our characters. All four main leads will be from the lower class or just one? I read a little about the social system of Joseon period. Here is a link with some information about this subject. I can't wait to know more about this drama.

OMG @ravendark! What a long list of dramas! Hope you'll have time to watch this one too.

I hope we'll have subtitles for this drama, but I'm not optimist about it. We'll see.

Well hope to see in the upcoming days/weeks news about the lead girl,this sounds promising and hope we'll have more detailes about the story and the characters...curious about the number of episodes...and yeah i guess like many others who are intrested in this show they hope for someone to be kind and also pick this drama but well,who knows...

Miky88 said: Well hope to see in the upcoming days/weeks news about the lead girl,this sounds promising and hope we'll have more detailes about the story and the characters...curious about the number of episodes...and yeah i guess like many others who are intrested in this show they hope for someone to be kind and also pick this drama but well,who knows...

No more news. Just a little information. I read somewhere that they are looking for extras to play the servants, 20- 40 something people. I am sure they are in the talks with the female leads and the supporting cast just that we don`t know the details yet. Something more, I saw that Dramafever has this drama on the waiting list. It looks like it will have 24 episodes (but it is not official). So maybe there is a little chance to be translated. Dramafever has this synopsis: ”Set in the Joseon Dynasty, three women learn what love means as they try to navigate through the class system and survive.” This gave me a little different perspective about this show. So, we have to expect of 3 leading ladies for this drama? It looks like a female centric drama. OK. I like it and I hope for a good story. Please!   

Finally we have some news about this drama. No, no news about the three female important characters. Other dramas from November have started filming already but... it is OK. We go there eventually.

We have news about our hero, Mo-myeong, Oh Ji-ho`character. I was sure that he was an undercover man and not a real servant. Oh, well. Everything is predictable for me so far but I stay positive. I don`t know why but I have a good feeling about this drama. I can`t wait for more news.

Oh Ji-ho comes back as another slave in "Servants"

2014/10/09 | 313 views | 2 Comments | Permalink | Source

photo501698.jpg

Oh Ji-ho is coming back as Moo-myeong in the new JTBC drama "Servants".

Moo-myeong is an attractive slave who is popular amongst the men and women with a brilliant mind. He also has an alter ego as an undercover in the Manwoldang and holds an amazing secret that's expected to be the standing stone of the drama.

A source claims, "There's no better actor than Oh Ji-ho to play Moo-myeong and his seasoned performance should shine in "Servants"".

Oh Ji-ho said, "I was attracted by the character of Moo-myeong who goes undercover. As an actor I think it's luck when I meet a character that I want to play so much".

source> Hancinema

I was wrong. We have the female lead. She is Jeong Yu-mi. I know nothing about her.

wjwch620141010142908_P_03_C_1.jpg
 OK. I read her filmography. I saw her in Dong Yi and Painter of the Wind but I don`t remember her. She played lead roles before and she won awards too so it seams that she is a good actress. I can`t wait to discover her in  this drama.

Jung Yumi joins Oh Ji-ho in Joseon-era servant drama Maids by girlfriday | October 10, 2014 | 22 Comments

JungYumi2.jpg

Cable network JTBC’s next Monday-Tuesday show will be a historical drama called Maids, about the lowest class of servants in the Joseon era. The drama is getting ready for a November launch, and is starting to cast its leading roles — Oh Ji-ho (Ghost-Seeing Detective Cheo-young) has confirmed that he’s accepted the offer to headline, and Jung Yumi (the Mother’s Garden, Rooftop Prince one) has signed on to play his leading lady.

Jung Yumi plays a nobleman’s daughter who’s so beautiful and well-dressed that she has her own fan club of admirers. But a fateful twist sends her family into ruin and she ends up in the lowest class of slaves, where she has to adjust to life as a maidservant. Naturally she has a hard time accepting this as her lot in life, and her character will struggle with being born of the highest class but having to survive by her wits as a lowly maid. FULL ARTICLE Dramabeans

It`s confirmed that Kim Dong Wook will play the character of Kim Eun Gi in the drama Servants. I hope for a good role for him.

A new addition to the cast was announced today. I don`t know the actress. The translation says...이시아/  Yisiah (Lee Si Ah/ Lee Shi-a ????)  I think she will be the second lead, the translation said she is a "cute witch villainess". She is a rookie actress, she played/plays a little role in My Lovely Girl as Yoon So-Eun.

NISI20141013_0010239208_web.jpg
Source. newsis

larus said: Jung Yumi joins Oh Ji-ho in Joseon-era servant drama Maids by girlfriday | October 10, 2014 | 22 Comments

Cable network JTBC’s next Monday-Tuesday show will be a historical drama called Maids, about the lowest class of servants in the Joseon era. The drama is getting ready for a November launch, and is starting to cast its leading roles — Oh Ji-ho (Ghost-Seeing Detective Cheo-young) has confirmed that he’s accepted the offer to headline, and Jung Yumi (the Mother’s Garden, Rooftop Prince one) has signed on to play his leading lady.

Jung Yumi plays a nobleman’s daughter who’s so beautiful and well-dressed that she has her own fan club of admirers. But a fateful twist sends her family into ruin and she ends up in the lowest class of slaves, where she has to adjust to life as a maidservant. Naturally she has a hard time accepting this as her lot in life, and her character will struggle with being born of the highest class but having to survive by her wits as a lowly maid. FULL ARTICLE Dramabeans

valsava said:

WHY DO I HAVE A FEELING THAT SHE WILL LOSE THE L;OVE OF HER LIFE TO THE VILLIAN SHE WILL PLAY ANOTHER DOORMAT ROLE AFTER THE TRAIN WRECK SHE WAS IN WITH MOTHERS GARDEN.. SHE SHOULD HAVE TOLD HER TALENT AGENT TO SPICE UP HER ROLES CAN'T DO MUCH IN THE JOSEON ERA WHAT THE HELL.. LITERALLY SHAKING MY HEAD..

Archived