Products for Dry/Damaged Hair

Guest kurodreams

Guest kurodreams

Last winter I decided to get a perm when I went to korea and it didn't come out right the first time so I decided to perm it again and my hair just completely died. I've given it a few trims (couple centimeters) and used multiple hair products to try to restore my hair.
Here are the products and routine that I use everyday/week:Shampoo and Conditioner daily: Nexxon Moisturizing shampoo and conditionerEvery other day: Ion Hair ReconstructorWhen I don't use the reconsctructor: Its a 10 kertin leave-in
I've also tried random drug store deep conditioners and I don't feel like they do much of anything >_< I've also tried a mixture of coconut oil and olive oil and I don't really see a huge difference.The damage is mainly the bottom half of my hair and I have fairly long hair up to my waist. It's not terribly rough when you touch it but I just find having trouble combing my hair after I shower or when I sleep and try to comb my hair in the morning...
Any suggestions?

I have a feeling that when hair is damaged, no matter what kind of products you use, it's not going to save it, the only way is by cutting it and letting it grow out again. Such as when you get a split end you can't undo that no matter what. Since you say the damage is mainly on the bottom of your hair, which is quite normal since it's been growing out for a longer time already, it is more prone to damage; it's best to cut it and grow healthier hair. If your hair feels rough, try a moisturizing shampoo/conditioner, I normally use and love the herbal essence brands [esp. the anti-friz one], and I also apply some aloe vera gel to my hair and comb it through :)

• 1 year later...

Olaplex is awesome. I highly recommend it!

I went from super white/pastel (3x bleached) back to black because the maint. was too much, but my hair is still completely dead after 5in. of roots. I've used Olaplex since 2012 when I first did pastels and it does make a huge difference. It doesn't make the damage go away, but it helps the hair break less and be smoother (in my experience.) I think it will work better with just permed dead hair vs. 3x bleached dead hair haha :)

I also use coconut oil after I wash my hair. I only apply on the ends and a few inches up.

I know of some really excellent hair products you can use for damaged hair! You can try Cholestrol Conditioning Cream by, "Queen Helene," and Silicon Mix. They are 2 excellent deep conditioners for damaged overprocessed hair!!!! Hope this helps!

If the hair is damaged the only way is to cut off all the damaged bits, as mentioned by Retsyo. That is exactly what I did but I followed it by doing what my hairdresser told me to do, invest in Pro-naturals Moroccan argan oil hair repair system. I followed their suggested regime one week using Pro-naturals and 5 weeks using your choice of shampoo & conditioner. Took about 3 months to bring it back to full health. I still use it today. Check it out for yourself. For me it is the argan oil leave in treatment applied to my damp hair after each shampoo that my hair really loves.It does not make my hair oily but it is a great heat protectant. The hair mask is to die for.

Update:   Aug 25th 2016

The shampoo & conditioner are free of sulphate, silicone and are fragrance free.

• 2 weeks later...

I've bleached my hair to platinum blond multiple times, and I've had magenta and royal blue hair, so of course my hair went through major damage. Once it gets to the frizzy point, there's no way of totally reverting it back to normal you. The best option is to cut it off. Another thing is to deep condition it, like Aussie 3 minute miracles does wonders! It's cheap and super effective. Another thing is to get hair products that contain keratin, the protein that's in your hair, you want this in both your shampoos and smoothing serums. If you don't cut the dead parts, you can smooth it out a bit with masks and keratin products, but again your hair will never totally revert back to normal and you'll have to regrow it again.

• 2 months later...
On 22.07.2016 at 3:19 AM, June Kay said:

I've bleached my hair to platinum blond multiple times, and I've had magenta and royal blue hair, so of course my hair went through major damage. Once it gets to the frizzy point, there's no way of totally reverting it back to normal you. The best option is to cut it off. Another thing is to deep condition it, like Aussie 3 minute miracles does wonders! It's cheap and super effective. Another thing is to get hair products that contain keratin, the protein that's in your hair, you want this in both your shampoos and smoothing serums. If you don't cut the dead parts, you can smooth it out a bit with masks and keratin products, but again your hair will never totally revert back to normal and you'll have to regrow it again.

I can agree with you ;) If hair is too damaged because bleachings/dyings, there's almost nothing which can return it to the previous healthy condition... So yeah, only cutting it is the best solving of the problem :vicx:
Anyway if the damage isn't too huge, you can restore it rather good with using good organic shampoos and conditioners, like on this site for example http://machohairstyles.com/best-shampoo-for-men/ :) Organic beauty products with oils are amazing, they helped me so greatly with the same problem! ^_^
Different masks can also be helpful, like from natural oils, aloe, eggs etc. :)

Use-an-Aloe-and-Egg-White-Mask.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hii. Hair is the key element for beauty. The hair has to be perfect, long and black for increasing the overall beauty. But my sister unfortunately started loosing her black, silky and long hair. Her hair were completely dry and damaged. Someone suggested her to use hair beauty products. The hair beauty supply online has variety of hair care products. The products are helping her a lot to gain her beautiful hair back. You can have a peek here to find or order the products.

• 6 months later...

Happie Hair introduces easy to use clip in hair extension feature that transforms your hair in minutes. Its do-it-yourself which means you can clip it in yourself within minutes. We have the best solution for your Hair, it Can Be Coloured, Neon Hair Pieces, Hair Fillers. Get 100% Natural Human Hair.

Visit Happiehair.com.

• 1 year later...

i've dyed my hair countless times and the last time i went blonde to get ash brown. what worked for me was just a simple routine of really massaging my conditioner into the ends especially then working any excess conditioner to the middle section and avoiding the top. then another crucial step is to apply some hair oil the the ENDS when your hair is semi dry. and you MUST blow dry your hair. because if you don't it will dry all kinky and not be smooth and shiny. sometimes its not all about the products but the PROCESS.

Archived