[Drama 2014] SBS - Birth of A Beauty 미녀의 탄생

kbleon

soompitv-forum-banner_blue.jpg 

BIRTH OF A BEAUTY WRAP UP PARTY PHOTOS
BIRTH OF A BEAUTY WRAP UP PARTY VIDEO
3745437714_7abcbae6_1414148664022e80a4.j
610x147_birth-of-a-beauty.jpg  
US & Canada fans, please help support Soompi by watching Birth of a Beauty on SoompiTV - thank you! ^^;v

web_3745437714_d82ca57c_14141486643919be

BOABnewposter.jpg

BOABJSW1.jpg

BOABHYS1.jpg
BOABJGW1.jpg
BOABWJH1.jpg

ADDITIONAL CAST

827d341373f08202ba405d4748fbfbedaa641bab7a6f8.jpg
dd295b096b63f6245386f57b8444ebf81b4ca3a20cdec.jpg15b10c50352ac65c416baa0bf8f2b21193138a17defa4.jpga5b45c014a90f6038577503f3a12b31bb151edbf62724.jpgaefddcdbb6fd52661c65f36ca818972bd4073637a6b85.jpg0f92a32309f79052b5d488460ff3d7ca7acbd5b23f16b.jpga8e0c27f9e2f07082f12e478ea24b899a901f26e8d570.jpg283ecd381f30e924b3e853494f086e061d95f735ca49b.jpgf81c8559252dd42a6946cfd3003b5bb5c9eab836b40c4.jpgfe3f56de9c82d15854dd96c9830a19d8bc3e42260c182.jpg

Relationship Chart

u7F8Eu5973u8A95u751Fu95DCu4FC2u5716.jpg

ra2sxz.jpg
JOO SANG WOOK  as Han Tae Hee (31)
WE28743885_w666.jpg
HAN YE SEUL as Sara (33)WE58236555_w666.jpg
WANG JI-HYE as Yoon Chae Yeon (27)WE92278470_w666.jpg
JUNG GYU-WOON as Lee Kang-Jun (34)
WE55664565_w666.jpg
HA JAE-SOOK as Sa Geum-Ran (Sara before the cosmetic surgery)

Birth of A Beauty First Script Reading Video

Birth of A Beauty 1st Teaser

Birth of A Beauty 2nd Teaser

Birth of A Beauty 3rd Teaser

Birth of A Beauty Poster Shoot 

Birth of A Beauty Poster Shoot BTS 1

Birth of A Beauty Poster Shoot BTS 2

Birth of A Beauty - Coming Soon - November 1st, 2014 at 21:55 KST

Birth of A Beauty - Long Preview

Details

Title: 미녀의 탄생 / Minyeoui Tansaeng

Genre: Romance, comedy

Episodes: 21

Broadcast network: SBS

Broadcast period: 2014-Nov-1 thru 2015-Jan-11

Air time: Saturday & Sunday 21:55

Original Soundtrack: Birth of a Beauty OST

Synopsis

Han Tae Hee is the heir of a large company. He is suffering from a broken heart syndrome due to a psychological shock. To get the woman he loves back, he completely changes an unattractive and overweight Sa Geum Ran to beautiful Sara. In the process, Han Tae Hee falls in love with Sara.

Cast

Joo Sang Wook as Han Tae Hee

Han Ye Seul as Sara

Wang Ji Hye as Yoon Chae Yeon

Han Sang Jin as Han Min Hyeok

Production Credits

Producer: TBA

Director: Lee Chang Min

Screenwriter: Yoon Young Mi

Please follow ALL K-Drama & Movies and Soompi Rules

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTIONDon't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no raw/illegal streaming/download links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki,Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their Id reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.
PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE! 

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RE30723228_ori72f65.jpg

Img0404_20141021162958_241c58.jpg

'Romcom King’ Joo Sang Wook to Return as Lead in ‘Birth of a Beauty’

Joo Sang Wook has confirmed SBS’s Birth of a Beauty as his next project and declared the return of the ‘rom-com king.’

Birth of a Beauty (tentative title) is about romance between a woman who enters a whole new life after going through a successful diet and plastic surgery and the man who gave birth to her new life. In the project, Joo Sang Wook will be acting as ‘Han Tae Hee,’ the heir to SJ group who suffers from ‘broken heart syndrome,’ caused by a psychological shock.

‘Han Tae Hee’ has an ‘active volcano-like’ personality who is not afraid of any hardship and in order to get the love of his life back, he turns a fat girl named ‘Sa Geum Ran’ into a beautiful woman renamed as ‘Sa Ra.’ He later falls in love with Sa Ra.. 

Having acted out dynamic characters in numerous projects, such as Giant, Feast of the Gods, Good Doctor and more, Joo Sang Wook recently received a lot of love by making a complete transformation as the comical character in the romantic comedy drama Cunning Single Lady.

In his second romantic comedy drama, Joo Sang Wook will be showing off different charms from Cunning Single Lady, setting his status as the ‘rom-com king.’

Joo Sang Wook said, “As soon as I received the scenario, I was drawn to the unique character and story. I’m anticipating it since I think I will be able to show the viewers various sides of me through the character named ‘Han Tae Hee.’ I will act hard to add to the good project. Please show your interest.”

Birth of a Beauty will be another collaboration project between Lee Chang Min PD, who directed Giant, Midas, Bride of the Sun, My Lover and Madame Butterfly, and writer Yoon Young Mi, who wrote A Tale of Two Sisters, Bride of the Sun, A Well Grown Daughter and more, since they worked on Bride of the Sun together. 

http://www.mnetamerica.com/news/article/76857/joosangwooko-to-return-to-small-screen

Birth of a Beauty is set to air in November, following SBS’s Endless Love.

Han Ye Seul confirms drama comeback with SBS 

"Birth of A Beauty"

Img0404_20141021161548_4.jpg

The actress has been cast as the lead actress for SBS’ upcoming drama “Birth of a Beauty,” and she will be acting alongside actor Joo Sang Wook.

After undergoing plastic surgery and a rigorous diet, Sa Ra (Han Ye Seul) has turned from an ordinary middle-aged woman to an attractive lady, and she is about to start anew with the help of her stunning appearance. While enjoying her new life, she falls in love with the character played by Joo Sang Wook.

Known as the “rom-com queen,” the anticipation is high for the actress’ comeback to the drama scene, and many are excited to see the chemistry between Joo Sang Wok and Han Ye Seul, the dream couple of rom-coms.

“Birth of a Beauty” will premiere in November after “Endless Love” ends its run.

PRESS CON VIDEOS

Birth of A Beauty Press Con JSW Cut from OBS

Birth of A Beauty Press Con from eto

Birth of A Beauty Press Con from The Star

Birth of A Beauty Press Con from TV Daily

@suchadiva42  I will add more info as soon as there's more news, sorry, I didn't know you need 3 confirmed star to open a thread, so far I think 2 of the stars have already confirmed.Joo Sang Wook has already confirmed.   Jung Kyeowoon is already in the final stage of discussion, Han Ye-seul is still in discussion, lastly for Wang Ji-hye, she got her casting offer recently, also reviewing it in a positive way. (cr: @yaqiyuki per news from OSEN on Sept. 18)

Waaah congratulation for your 1st thread @kbleon <:-P :x 
For the K-Drama rules here , you can create a new thread if at least one cast confirmed ;) ;)
An excerpt.... (18Sep 14) 
The show is in talks with Joo Sang Wook, Han Ye Seul, Wang Ji Hye, and Jung Gyu Woon to get all of them on board for the show. As previously reported, Han is still in talks. Jung Gyu Woon is up for a role as the female lead’s husband who finds himself in contention with Joo Sang Wook’s character. Meanwhile it looks like Wang Ji Hye will play the second female lead who is an entertainer and finds herself in direct contention with the female lead. I think they’re at odds because of their different lifestyles and for the fact that Han Ye Seul’s character went through such a makeover through diet.
Read more

Hope the story will attract me more hahaha If HYS turns down the offer, I'm ready to be the female lead :)) :))  All the best for this drama patpat-dance-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?1  

MissA said: Waaah congratulation for your 1st thread @kbleon <:-P :x 
For the K-Drama rules here , you can create a new thread if at least one cast confirmed ;) ;)
An excerpt.... (18Sep 14) 
The show is in talks with Joo Sang Wook, Han Ye Seul, Wang Ji Hye, and Jung Gyu Woon to get all of them on board for the show. As previously reported, Han is still in talks. Jung Gyu Woon is up for a role as the female lead’s husband who finds himself in contention with Joo Sang Wook’s character. Meanwhile it looks like Wang Ji Hye will play the second female lead who is an entertainer and finds herself in direct contention with the female lead. I think they’re at odds because of their different lifestyles and for the fact that Han Ye Seul’s character went through such a makeover through diet.
Read more

Hope the story will attract me more hahaha If HYS turns down the offer, I'm ready to be the female lead :)) :))  All the best for this drama patpat-dance-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?1  

Now I really have to wait a damn minute" Did I not see the Writer name for this drama @-) because she had my Blood Pressure so high that I even increase the pills without my Doctors permission to a fact that A Tale For Two Sister's, was the worst drama I've ever watched. So please somebody, anybody tell me I'm only dreaming :(( :(( Oh Ma :((

oh myyyyyy..another drama that will make my blood pressure high?  :(( i never watch this writer works so idk. So i have to put up with tortures  again every week  just for Joo Sang wook....50 episodes of him is a treat and relaxation for my eyes but if it goes to makjang territory then i'm ruined lol I bet the story will be about the girl changes after dieting and become irresistible, then we gonna have the husband crawling back to her....hmmm 

@suchadiva42 aigooo ... when you mention the title of that drama, I thought of a horror K-Movie A Tale of Two Sisters -_- Let's pray hard this writer will make our blood pressure in normal condition :)) :)) :)
@haymochi hehehe I also (and only) watch WJH in PTB and really love her back then :x :x Dramabeans mentioned that it has a similarity to Temptation of Wife :-? :-? 

9mFXYvm.jpg
Han Tae Hee suffering from a broken heart....
@kbleon - Thanks for opening a thread for Chairman's drama!  Looking forward to another brilliance performance from Joo Sang Wook!

suchadiva42 said: Now I really have to wait a damn minute" Did I not see the Writer name for this drama @-) because she had my Blood Pressure so high that I even increase it without my Doctors permission to a fact that A Tale For Two Sister,was the worst drama I've ever watched. So please somebody, anybody tell me I'm only dreaming :(( :(( Oh Ma :((

Archived