[Variety] Roommate Season 2 (It's Okay, 룸메이트)

alfalfa

73540f64-7e85-4251-94e8-83dc60c22c35_zps
Roommate Season 2 (It's Okay, 룸메이트)
Tuesday, 11:10 PM (KST)

Remaining Cast MembersLee DongwookJo SehoPark MinwooNana (After School, Orange Caramel)Seo Kangjun
New Cast MembersBae JongokPark Joonhyung (g.o.d)Otani RyoheiLee GukjooSunny (Girls' Generation)Jackson (GOT7)Youngji (KARA)

Streaming Links (subbed)GoodDrama  |  KShowOnline  |  DramaFever

Episode Rundown

Ep 1Introduction of new cast members.
Ep 2Jackson's super late night meal with Kangjun, a tour around the neighbourhood and Joon's faux pas, Youngji's treasure chest, Nana's not-really-a-surprise birthday party.
Ep 3
Family picnic, the birth of shopping dream team, Jackson spazzing over Gayeon, English lesson by Joon and Jackson.
Ep 4Lotus root harvest, Jackson's special surprise for Gukjoo, Ryohei's constipation and Oi's health scare.(Guests: Chaeyeon, Danny Ahn, YoonA). The highest-rated episode for this season.
Ep 5A visit to the Finnish embassy and Bukjeong Village, roommates redecorating, Sunny's credit card fraud, hongeo party, Romeo & Juliet acting class.
Ep 6Taekkyeon class, Grandpa Lee Soonjae visits, the family reminisces (old photos included), Jackson's nose hair trimming, Gukjoo and Youngji's breakfast special, g.o.d's concert and Joon's touching story.
Ep 7Boys and girls' day out, beatbox, Park Hyunbin giving Ryohei trot lesson, Seho, Gukjoo and Jackson surprise Dongwook at his filming location.
Ep 8Kimjang (the traditional process of preparation and preservation of kimchi), at the market with shopping dream team plus Jongok and Joon, Jackson and Youngji's non-stop bickering, Gukjoo and Kangjun in the radio booth, Roommate News. (G: Choi Hongman and Hong Jinyoung).
Ep 9Catching eels, pansori class, KARA's Goo Hara visits, along with Gukjoo's little brother.
Ep 10Jongok's best friends Yoon Hyunseok and Byun Jungsoo visit, climbing the stairs of 63 Building, Jackson's prank gone wrong.
Ep 11Soybeans, soybeans and more soybeans, GOT7 special at the market TV shop, Hong Seokcheon came to visit and cook, pyjamas party while listening to old records, the family has an honest and sincere heart-to-heart.
Ep 12Christmas Party part 1, singing lessons at JYPE by JYP, revealing stories about Joon and Jackson, Gukjoo and Dongwook's 'friend,' Baek Jiyoung and JYP in the house!
Ep 13Christmas Party part 2, cast members catch up with their family and friends, performances by the cast, Jackson's tearful reunion with his parents, a heartwarming episode.
Ep 14Coal briquette delivery, special volunteers (GOT7, 5urprise and Seho's comedian friends), an eyeful of Dongwook, Seho, Kangjun and Jackson at the public bath, Ryohei, Joon and Dongwook talk Part 1.
Ep 15Gukjoo's friends Kim Minkyun and Hong Yoonhwa visit, meat party, tricking Seho, Ryohei, Joon and Dongwook Talk continues, Wejang debuts with a parody of EXID's Up and Down, Ryohei and Joon's trip to Youngwol, Sunny, Nana and Gukjoo girl talk.
Ep 16Shoo and her twins visit

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really enjoy the first episode but I want to spazz about the new season without the shadow of Season 1 hence the new thread. The original thread is very much attached to the first season so I think Season 2 should have their own too. Feel free to flail, rant, rave and what have you about this season.
I'm loving the new cast members so far. While I did watch S1, the cast didn't establish rapport as quickly as this one. Looking forward to the next episodes and sincerely hoping the editing won't screw them up.

Guest cascade7

Great idea! so yes, let the Roommate Season 2 spazz begin!
can i start spazzing first?
1. LOVE the interaction and possible dynamics between all the members! 2. they actually sent them out to the farm! out of the house to work! hahaha
favourite things about Episode 1:
1. Joon being loud enough to actually overshadow Seho (which i think is a REALLY good thing)2. Jackson flipping every single time he introduces himself :P3. Youngji's silent open laugh4. Gukjoo taking two kimbap instead of one knowing she could very well be seen! :P5. Jackson with 'you are all alone' playing in the background
I am excited for this season! please please please keep it at this pace :)

Yay @cascade7! (Are you a fan of GOT7 by any chance?)
Can I continue your spazzing?1. I honestly thought it would be really awkward with the senior actress but she got along well with everyone from the get-go. Joon definitely helped break the awkwardness.2. Wonder what they are doing at the farm. Probably to earn something for the house or simply an outing?
I already watched episode 1 twice! That's how much I enjoyed it. I have to say, whoever picked Youngji earn a raise because she's a revelation. I love that she's not your average girly-girl. Did you notice both she and Jackson brought a basketball?
Oh, I can't wait for the language lessons and this one:

I'm very curious to see how they got to this.
cascade7 said:1. Joon being loud enough to actually overshadow Seho (which i think is a REALLY good thing)

Guest cascade7

@alfafa yes, i'm a Got7 fan but believe it or not, i had the username before Got7 debuted... must be fate ;)
Yeah! i noticed the basketball as well~ hope to see some development (hint hint) though there seems to be tons of supporters for the kangjun-younji ship which isn't all too bad either. the way he said that she's unique is veeery interesting :)
all in all, this promises to be a great season
To the PD's.... PLEASE KEEP IT THAT WAY!
p/s love all the amazing BGM they choose. soundtrack person does their job very well :D

Guest adikkeluangman

Yeay, for new thread. I thought I want to made this one but hold back don't know why. I don't watch S1 but give a chance for S2 because of my frozen oppa Joon and when Otani made the news. It made this fangirl goes to fangirl haven.
Reading all the news about Joon in this show and I'm glad that he took this and another variety. He can be a such a big brother to everyone and will protect them and treat them as family. I first seen it with g.o.d and then his JYP Family and now with this new family too.
When Joon met LDW and they said they know each other through Kim Tae Woo a member of g.o.d. By the way, g.o.d will held their encore concert next month and let's hope the cast will attend the concert.
Here is LDW in few MV that involve his friend. He made appearance without any fees at all.- Suho (feat. Kim Tae Woo) - Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
All men in this MV are good friends, LDW, KCM, SuHo, KTW. Not refer to SuHo Exo
- Kim Tae Woo - Cosmic Girl

Otani is the actor and he just finished drama Joseon Gunman. I'm still not finished watching that. He also in movie Roaring Currents (the most watched film in Korea for all time). I'm glad to see him and looking forward more.
Last not least, Joon back to his hometown Cali for few days. 

cascade7 said: @alfafa yes, i'm a Got7 fan but believe it or not, i had the username before Got7 debuted... must be fate ;)
Yeah! i noticed the basketball as well~ hope to see some development (hint hint) though there seems to be tons of supporters for the kangjun-younji ship which isn't all too bad either. the way he said that she's unique is veeery interesting :)
all in all, this promises to be a great season
To the PD's.... PLEASE KEEP IT THAT WAY!
p/s love all the amazing BGM they choose. soundtrack person does their job very well :D

https://twitter.com/makrjuseyo/status/515867223273914369/photo/1According to GOT7's official site, there will be Roommate tomorrow. There better be because I don't think I can handle another week of anticipation.

Update:

According to GOT7's Baidu Bar, Roommate will not be airing this week because of the Asian Games (Korea vs Japan in football quarterfinals)

— IGOTSubs (@IGOTSubs)

September 27, 2014
Of course, anything Korea vs. Japan takes precedent over any TV show.
Nothing has been confirmed yet so I'm not gonna wait with bated breath.

Guest cascade7

okay, it's been confirmed. Only Runningman this week, no Roommate :( 
oh well.... another 7 days....
7?
Got7~ lol 
*sorry, a tad disappointed that there's no new episode this week

Guest adikkeluangman

From allkpop:SBS will not be airing 'Roommate' this week, and 'Running Man' will air instead in its time slot. 'Inkigayo' is also being canceled so SBS can air the women's archery semifinals instead. 
That's why they don't release any news or teaser about this week episode. Apart of waiting for the cancellation confirmation.

I was surprised with a laugh Youngji but she is very unique. Youngji cut octopus very skilled :)), Sunny (Girls' Generation) to be surprised. waiting for the next Eps......

Guest cascade7

roommate is trending 4th on naver real time search! dare i hope that this means the korean public was anticipating it?
Embedded image permalink(credit @shmesm, twitter)

TO ALL ROOMMATE 2 FANS!!!!! 
Feast your eyes on the occupants of ROOM 5!
Photo: #서강준 #잭슨 #룸메이트!!!!! #2014한류드림콘서트 #2014HallyuDreamFestival SBS MTV 10/12(일) 오후 1시 & 밤 8시 (credit SBS MTV facebook page)

is Kangjun hosting? Got7 are there to perform :)
From Kangjun's twitter @the5urpise

Bym_HiLCAAA8T8j.jpgBym_HqrCEAAwfCr.jpg

Can I scream? Because I feel like screaming at the last pic. It's the freaking triangle of Kangjun-Youngji-Jackson. Here's hoping for some stage interaction at the end. (I can already hear Yugyeom teasing Jackson in my head)
Another week seems so far away~

Edit:Someone posted this here:8d9469765ff0560e8b09a9643c64bc21.jpg
I didn't even realise it was Jackson who put on the sheet for Gukjoo.Seriously, could Jackson get any sweeter. I might get cavity.

Archived