How do you like your eyebrows?

IreneSuhwon93

I get my eyebrows waxed. & before my move I had a SPECIFIC lady who would wax them and it had to be only HER. And now that I'm in another state, I have the task of finding another person who I just *click with. You know? So far I've tried two different nail salons and no luck. I tell them that I only want my eyebrows to be "cleaned up" and "pretty"...both times I left with more eyebrow than I feel like I came in with. I have a feeling that I come off too strong and intimidating because maybe they think I'll freak out if I have sharpie eyebrows? Idk, do any of you also get your eyebrows professionally waxed/threaded etc? How do you explain what you want? Should I just bring in a picture? All I want is for my natural shape to shine through =O #iwantmyeyebrowgametobestrong

*Update*
Thanks for the replies! I'm considering threading this time around. I've never had it done before but you guys seem to have high reviews on it =]
Also, those of you who tweeze after getting brows waxed I applaud you. I tried that in the past but could never keep up and ultimately my brows would just grow all other the place.

I do my eyebrows myself with a tweezer because I know exactly how I want them. 
The only issue is when I take pictures my eyebrows seem more sparse on the ends. And when I fill them in, they seem way too dark for my face (in the mirror). So I generally just let them be themselves with some light filling in here and there. Bleh. :/ 

Guest motherducker

I only tweeze the stray hair while keeping its natural shape and then fill it in a bit if it's looking too light.
I don't really do anything too special with them.

Guest shooting_stars

I used to get my eyebrows waxed, but I found it to be too inconvenient after a while, and I knew that I would be moving around in the future so I may as well get used to doing them myself...so after the last time I got them waxed, I started plucking them to keep them in shape. It was annoying at first because I was surprised at how fast my eyebrow hair kept growing back, but I just made a habit of plucking them a lot, and now I don't have to worry about doing it every other day or so. Be careful about how much you pluck though, if you want to keep a natural look to them. I like the natural look, and I don't fill them in :)

Guest Searesrayne

I get mine threaded. It's always a different person and perhaps 95% i've been super happy. The first time I was really surprised, up until I was 19 I would just tweezed my eyebrows and make sure they were clean looking, I didn't bother  shaping them. So first time I got them threaded it was BEAUTIFUL. I didn't realize getting them plucked like half the size could really shape my face :D. Only time I wasn't pleased was when I just said clean up and she got rid of my eyebrow arches. (I love arched eyebrows on myself, rather than rounded eyebrows), but at least I learned how to tell what people I wanted :o Nowadays I'm too cheap to go get them done, so I thread them myself and follow the regrowth.

Guest chiffonandtulerain

I've never gotten my eyebrows threaded or waxed, but I have had them done over with one of those eyebrow razors. Usually my mom or aunt did them. I have really thick eyebrows. I've only had them professionally done once, and it was through trimming.
I like to have my eyebrows rounded, but I don't like it when I get a really exaggerated arch.
I get hair between my two eyebrows, which bothers me. If my eyebrows are a mess and I can't do much, the middle hairs are the first to go. :P

I've considered getting my eyebrows done professionally but I never got the guts to do it. I basically use a tweezer for my eyebrows. Right now I look like I have Oscar the Grouch's eyebrows. I don't go out much so it's just stray hairs everywhere which is why I have bangs since 2008. It's perfect for hiding the unkempt eyebrows. I do trim them when I feel like it.

My friend recommends threading though. I think there's some sort of tool you can buy online.

Guest missmachi

I've always had mine waxed and trimmed. However... my mother waxes them for me seeing as she used to do waxing. When hair starts growing back, I tend to pluck them with tweezers until I get lazy and just let it grow out and wax them later. I like having medium thick brows with an arch. 

My eyebrows are pretty thick and the natural shape of it has a nice arch so I don't do much. I would use a scissor to trim the ends near the eyes when it grows longer to even it out, but that's it. When I was a teenager I've always wanted to get thinner eyebrows by plucking it out with tweezers, but my mom always stopped me from doing that she's like: use a razor instead, if you always pluck your eyebrows it will make your brows droopy when you get older. It makes a lot of sense, since areas around the eyes are so delicate that you don't want to apply too much pressure to it. If I wanted to shape my eyebrows I'd use a disposable shaver. But 90% of the time I leave my eyebrows alone the way it is :)

Guest netgear

Back in high school I made a mistake of shaving them (not all off) but now I just trim them more than plucking now, because I prefer them thick, but neat.

Guest mightyleaf

My eyebrows are thick, and I use to get it threaded, but it was super painful. I resorted to waxing :) and it is awesome. I just do it whenever i loose my shape, and I try to keep plucking / cutting my eye brows xD. 
Recently, i've been told that waxing increases the chances of getting wrinkles around the eyes. It makes sense, i mean, when u get it wax it pulls on your skin.

Guest corala

I think waxing is really painful as you are literally pulling out a lot of hair at the same time. I prefer using tweezers because I can have better control of how I want my eyebrow to be like. I am currently using a tweezers set ordered from CosmeGO and it's from Japan which is pretty good in terms of quality. 

Guest Tulip Love

I used to pluck, but I cringe now when I look back at my old photos as I was definitely plucking them too thin T.T 
Nowadays I just trim long hairs and use a brow razer to shave stray hairs from above/below my brows, but I try to leave the natural shape alone as I'm trying to grow my brows out to achieve the 'straight Korean brow' - or as close as I can get to it, lol! I use brow pencil to fake a thicker brow shape anyway, as my brows are a bit thin (from all that overplucking I bet).
I hope you find a good salon soon ^.^

Archived