[Drama 2014] Mr. Back / 미스터 백

SamShop Watch

mrbackposter_zpse41b55e5.jpg
Title : Mr. Back / 미스터 백Genre : Rom-Com
Episodes         : 16Broadcast Network  : MBCBroadcast Period : 5 November 2014 - 25 December 2014Air Time : Wed & Thurs 21.55Previous Drama : My Spring DayProduction : Winning ProductionDirector            : Lee Sang YeobScript                 : Choi Yoon Jung Official site http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/mr/
Storyline/ synopsis

"Mr. Back" is a drama about Choi Go Bong, a 70-year old hotel president, who is oblivious to everything else except himself and money. Choi Go-Bong (Shin Ha-Kyun) is a man in his 70's old and he runs a large corporation. One day, he becomes a man in his 30's by accident and feels love for the first time in his life. Starting over is going to provide him a second chance at living his life right. He will get new lessons in how to relate to others. As a result he may rearrange his priorities. Maybe this time he can make more room for the important things in life, like falling in love.

mrbackposter2_zps61f78aa5.jpg

Cast : 
Shin Ha Kyun as Choi Go Bong, a man in his 70's old and he runs a large corporation/ Choi Shin Hyeong, a man in his 30's oldshkmrback_zps6a073053.jpg

Jang Na Ra as Eun Ha-soo, a hardworking Candy type who goes from part-time job to part-time job with no prospects. She finally lands her first salaried job and meets the hero, and through him she’ll learn to dream for the first time in her life, while he’ll finally get to experience what love is.eunhasoo_zps5dd06c66.jpg

Lee Joon as Choi Dae Han, the son of the conglomerate president Choi Go Bong (Shin Ha Kyun)choidaehan_zps2df0c6a6.jpg

Park Ye Jin as Hong Ji YoonParkYejin_zps532e5da1.jpg

Jung Suk Won as Jung Yi GunJungSukwon_zps8831b0aa.jpg

Supporting Roles :

[*]Jeon Guk-Hwan as Choi Young-Dal (Choi Go-Bong's younger brother)[*]Lee Moon-Sik as Sung Gyung-Bae (Choi Go-Bong's secretary)[*]Hwang Young-Hee as Lee In-Ja (Choi Young-Dal's wife)[*]Lee Mi-Young as Go Jung-Sook (Eun Ha-Soo's mother)[*]Jo Mi-Ryung as Choi Mi-Hye (Choi Go-Bong's younger sister)[*]Lee Mi-Do - Son Woo-Young (Eun Ha-Soo's friend)[*]Hwang Bo Ra as Yoo Nan Hee[*]Go Yoon as Kang Ki Chang[*]Jang Sung Bum as Eun Byung Soo
firstscriptreadingmrback_zpsdd7c3832.jpg
First Script reading Session By: Alvin
Copyright@KpopFighting.com

Videos :

First teaser :

Second Teaser :

Third Teaser :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgZ3UqU9fvM

Preview :

Interview :

LinksMBC Drama : http://content.mbc.co.kr/english/drama/ https://www.youtube.com/user/MBCdrama/about

REMINDER AND PLEASE READ!Soompi code of conduct | k-drama & movies forum rulesDon't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming/raw/download links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported to the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki,Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shin Min Ah, Comeback Drama in to Years at Mr. baek 

According to the plurality of broadcasters was cast in MBC new drama to be broadcast in November Mr. baek "(a play directed jeon hyeon jin, Lee, Sang - Hyup) Shin Min Ah after 2012 drama "Arang and Magistrate' comeback after two years.  More details are known about the crew and the various discussions. 

The pole to take the lead heroine station is Shin Min Ah. Has been collapsed olrateuna is not a hero in mulmang changuk. Also how hot you are interested to learn and adapt to any man breathing Shin Min Ah accordingly. It is the story of 70-year-old backhoe work of Green Hotel President Mr. Baek 'is. As the episode draws to undergo living-room management to junior staff in the early 30s, after the youth have no money to buy even one day to give the money and did not know lived out his backhoe. 

Take the gongyunhui station in June movie 'race' Shin Min met with the audience. Movie released in October 'My Love, My Bride "has appeared in the cockpit and newlyweds. After airing the drama "Mr. Baek' right ear, you can see the Shin Min Ah that actively splits his time between television screens this autumn.

http://www.ajunews.com/view/20140904143143399

• 3 weeks later...

The premise sounds promising and I will watch because of Shin Ha-kyun. I missed his smile and presence on my screen. :)  But, this drama is a melodrama? I have to expect of intense, sad scenes? I hope not. I want romance. I need romance.  :)) The ending worries me a bit but ...WTH, I am ready to watch the man getting a second chance in life.

Shin Ha Kyun Cast As Lead For ‘Mr. Baek’
SHK_zpsb0338db2.jpg
[by Sora Ghim] Actor Shin Ha Kyun returns to the small screen through MBC drama ‘Mr. Baek’ (working title). On October 2, the producers confirmed his casting as the male lead ‘Choi Go Bong.’ 

This drama is about a 70-year old tycoon who has it all: money, status, and fame. However, through an accident, he returns to being a 30-year old and finally has a chance to experience true love. ‘Mr. Baek’ is a fantasy romantic comedy. 

His character, Choi Go Bong, is a man who worked hard to achieve success and lead one of the top companies in South Korea. However, through an unknown incident, he is given the chance to relive his life for an unspecified amount of time where he learns how important life is.

Shin Ha Kyun is a talented actor who has been in films ‘Joint Security Area,’ ‘Welcome to Dongmakgol,’ ‘Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance,’ ‘Brain’ and many more showcasing his abilities and proving himself as an actor. 

He has performed in a variety of genres, being a chameleon when it comes to acting. Through his drama, he has to play two parts, one as a 70-year old and the other as a 30-year old. Fans are already curious as to how he will portray an old man in a 30-year old’s body.

Meanwhile, ‘Mr. Baek’ is scheduled to premiere in November.

For more bntnews.co.uk

Still on cloud 9 with the news of Shin Ha Kyun doing a new drama ... loved him in Brain , Harvest Villa and All About My Romance ( especially in this one .... he was seriously so likeableeee even with that petty character Kim Soo Young <3 ) .... 
Liked Jang Nara in FTLY so I'm looking forward to this new team :-)  
Life is almost ( give me a Jo Seung Woo comeback as well, dramagods :)) ) complete now XD ... SHK is back! 

Jang Nara romances young grandpa Shin Ha-kyun in Mr. Baek

by javabeans | October 10, 2014 | No Comments

jangnara_73.jpg

Reverse-aging fantasy romance Mr. Baek has its leading lady, with Jang Nara (Fated To Love You) signing on to join Shin Ha-kyun (All About My Romance), who plays the 70-year-old chaebol hotel chairman who only cares about money, who inexplicably finds himself in his younger body one day.

Now that I think of it, I’m betting the title is meant to be Mr. Back, as in traveling backwards, isn’t it? Groan. If you were gonna be that literal, couldn’t he at least be Mr. Quantum Leap? (In early stories the character was actually named Baek, but now his name has been changed to Choi Shin-hyung, which is another age-related pun because it means “newest model.” Hur hur.)

Jang Nara has made a career out of playing the everygirl Candy type; after wrapping on a character defined by her quintessential ordinariness in Fated, she now portrays the plight of the underemployed Korean wage earner who lives paycheck to paycheck. After her father dies, she works from dawn till night at multiple part-time jobs, but despite her difficult circumstances she keeps a super-positive attitude and values her family’s happiness above all else. Yes, this is a character we have seen time and time again (and are probably pretty tired of at this point, no?), but I trust Jang Nara to find a way to make her relatable and sympathetic despite the banality of the setup. I guess that’s what the magical body rejuvenation is for?

After working in part-time job hell for a while, the heroine finally manages to score her first full-time job, which is how she meets our hero and falls in love with him. Through him, she realizes the preciousness of youth (…I presume since he’s already lost his once, and is coming upon it a second time with new insights). Furthermore, the relationship also makes her take a look inward for the first time and discover what her dream is. I suppose pursuing dreams seem like something of a luxury when you’re living hand to mouth, but nothing like a cosmic ticking clock to spur one to learn important life lessons.

Mr. Baek (Back?) comes from the writer of Emergency Couple and the PD of King’s Daughter Soo Baek Hyang, and will premiere in November as a Wednesday-Thursday drama on MBC.

Cr: Dramabeans

class="content-title"Actress Jang Nara to Return to Small Screen Once Again Through New Drama “Mister Baek”

Actress Jang Nara, who wrapped up her most recent production, “Fated to Love You,” last month, will once again be returning to the small screen with another MBC drama titled “Mister Baek.”

With the confirmation of Jang Nara’s casting in this upcoming fantasy, romantic comedy drama, she will be starring alongside actor Shin Ha Kyun.

The actress will be taking on the role of Eun Ha Soo, a representative member of society’s unemployed youths, who constantly switches part-time jobs for even a mere 500 KRW (~ $0.47 USD) difference in pay.

Jang Nara explained her thoughts on going into this new drama, “I decided on my casting because the fantasy-romance genre and interesting storyline pulled me in. I will work hard to show viewers a new side and good acting through the character of Eun Ha Soo.”

Shin Ha Kyun will be playing the role of a chaebol company president in his 70s with money, status, and fame, who suddenly returns to his 30s through a fateful accident, and learns what real love is.

“Mister Baek” is scheduled to premiere this November, following the completion of  “My Spring Day.”

Cr: Soompi

Thanks for the clarification @conankung

Saw this on Twitter (KoreanUpdates)

MBLAQ's Lee Joon casted in MBC's upcoming drama "Mr. Baek". Scheduled to air on November

I guess now that the main leads are confirmed, we'll get more updates in the next coming days.

EDIT:

Another one from Twitter again:

Jeong Seok Won too now... (shuralou Twitter)

http://sports.donga.com/3/all/20141010/67079435/1

Archived