[Drama 2014-2015] The King's Face 왕의 얼굴

Kaizen68

kingsface22.jpgkingsface21.jpg

Details

• Title: 왕의 얼굴 / Wang-ui Eolgul
  • Genre: Historical, drama, action, thriller, romance
  • Episodes: 24
  • Broadcast network: KBS2
  • Broadcast period: 2014-Nov-19 to 2015-???-??
  • Air time: Wednesday & Thursday 22:00
  • Original Soundtrack: The King's Face OST

Plot

A historical drama that chronicles the rocky path and struggles of Crown Prince Kwanghae to became King.

Since Gwanghae was born from a concubine and only appointed as Crown Prince in a desperate measure, many dissatisfied officials from Northerner faction often plotted for his assassination and dethronement for 16 years. He also often quarreled with his father, King Seonjo, especially regarding Kim Ga Hee. He eventually managed to overcome the obstacles by the help of physiognomy.

Cast

• Seo In Gook as Prince Gwanghae
  • Jo Yoon Hee as Kim Ga Hee
  • Lee Sung Jae as King Seonjo
  • Kim Kyu Ri as Consort Kim
  • Shin Sung Rok as Kim Do Chi
  • Lee Soon Jae as Baek Kyung
  • Kim Myung Gon (김명곤) as Song Nae Gwan
  • Ahn Suk Hwan as Lee San Hae
  • Song Min Hyung as Yoo Seung
  • Lee Byung Joon as Kim Gong Ryan
  • Park Joo Hyung as Prince Imhae
  • Lee Ki Young as Go San
  • Im Ji Eun as Queen Uiin
  • Choi Chul Ho as Jung Yeo Rim
  • Yoon Bong Gil as Im Young Shin
  • Lee Sang In as Jin Young
  • Jo Won Hee (조원희) as Kim Doo Suh
  • Kim Hyun Sook 김현숙 as Lady Park
  • Kim Bang Won (김방원) as Kang Jin Yul
  • Min Song Ah (민송아) as Court Lady Park
  • Yoon Jin Ho (윤진호) as Suh Yong
  • Im Soo Hyun (임수현) as Song Won
  • Park Jae Min (박재민) as Bong Doo
  • Choi Kang Won (최강원) as Oh Gil
  • Oh Eun Ho as Court Lady Oh
  • Kim Hee Jung
  • Joo Jin Mo

Notes

• Takes over the 
    KBS2 Wed. & Thu. 21:55 time slot previously occupied by "Blade Man".[*]Actress Son Ye-Jin was offered the lead female role of Kim Ga-Hee, but declined to weight several movie role offers.[*]First script reading took place September, 2014 at the KBS Annex Building in Yeuido, Seoul, South Korea.

Production Credits

[*]Production Company: KBS Media (KBS 미디어)[*]Chief Producer:[*]Producer:[*]Director: Yoon Sung Shik (윤성식)
    Press Conference Picture

49.jpg
    57.jpg
    27.jpg
    4-13.jpg

aB6177.jpg
    event01.jpg

Teaser1st Teaser

2nd Teaserhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dogGkt4Qms
    3rd Teaser

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTIONDon't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming/download/raw links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki,Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their Id reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Face Reader producers file injunction against KBS for King’s Face

FaceReader1.jpg

It’s possible we won’t be seeing The King’s Face on KBS this fall, as originally planned. The drama adaptation of the 2013 film The Face Reader was scheduled to air in November and was courting Seo In-gook to headline. But on August 25, The Face Reader’s production company, Jupiter Film, filed for an injunction claiming that KBS had infringed on their copyright, asking that the network not be allowed to air their unauthorized remake.

According to Jupiter Film, they own the rights to the original script for The Face Readerwith a “one source multi use” clause, for the express purpose of producing a film, a book series, and a drama based on the story (it’s a fusion sageuk about a face-reading fortuneteller who gets caught up in a political battle for the throne). They prepared the book series launch to coincide with the film’s release, and the film sold 9 million tickets in 2013, and two books in the series (backstories and such for the characters in the film) have been released thus far.

Read More [Dramabeans]

Seo In-gook courted to headline King’s Face

SeoInGook3.jpg

I’m not surprised in the least that drama producers are chomping at the bit to get Seo In-gook locked down for his next project the second that High School King of Savvy is in his rearview mirror. He’s having his moment, and it’s well-deserved. Next up for the actor might be the fusion sageuk The King’s Face, the drama adaptation of The Face Reader that’s headed to KBS this fall. It’s currently courting Sohn Ye-jin, and now Seo In-gook has been offered the lead role as Prince Gwanghae.

The movie was set in a different time and focused on a face-reading fortuneteller (Song Kang-ho) who clashed with Prince Suyang (Lee Jung-jae) as he mounted his coup. The drama version will be centered around Prince Gwanghae over a century later, and tell the story of how a face reader helps to shape his fate as a future king. Lee Sung-jae(Suspicious Housekeeper, Gu Family Book) is being courted to star alongside him as his father, King Seonjo. I guess fall’s drama trend is going to be royal father-and-son pairings? This one is a reunion as well — Seo In-gook and Lee Sung-jae played brothers in the weekend family drama Rascal Sons.

Read More [Dramabeans]

KBS full steam ahead with King’s Face, casts Jo Yoon-hee to starby girlfriday | August 26, 2014 |

JoYoonHee1.jpg

Recent controversy doesn’t seem to have derailed KBS, accusations of plagiarism and lawsuits be damned. On August 25, producers of the 2013 movie The Face Reader filed for an injunction against KBS for their unauthorized drama remake The King’s Face, alleging that KBS met with them to make the drama, backed out of the deal, and subsequently happened to come up with their own version. In light of this, KBS has issued a statement that The King’s Face, “Is a totally different drama,” and immediately followed it up with casting announcements that Jo Yoon-hee (Scandal, Nine) is being courted to play the leading lady.

Read More [Dramabeans]

Seo In Gook, Lee Sung Jae, and Jo Yoon Hee are in talks to headline The King's Face, not confirmed. The thread will be closed until there are official confirmations.

• 4 weeks later...

I most certainly will be watching this drama all these sagueks that's coming into my orbit I tell you so many after this years sagueks I can spend the first part of next year re-watching them all.. The face reading Crown Prince should be interesting..

Guest blackglory

i watched the face reader movie last time and it was quite good.... 
i hope this drama will be on air despite all those controversies.. seo in guk is one of those singer-turned-actor who doesnt seem awkward in acting.... so far i've never seen him in saeguk, but he did great in other dramas... i'm excited to watch this drama! 
:D

Guest SarahF1430294446

annyeong haseyo..iam newbie in here..

nice to meet you..please guidance :D

cant wait seo in guk in saeguk.. I think this sentence could be a trending topic hehe LOL

@nhaykay,@rhaps,@sussieh,@dianaB, You are summoned I think you guy's will like this one.. @OlgaT, my favorite artist will you be joining us. Would like to see your awesome work with a different subject.. nhakay this is the drama I mention..

@SarahF,  Welcome aboard Soompi and the threads  I'm also waiting for this one myself

There is already a thread for King's Face, yeay, thank you! Can't wait for this! Ingukkie is back in the drama so soon after his last drama, he will be reunited with Lee Sungjae, being a lead in a mainstream network for the first time and in a sageuk, too!!! I hope those controversies will be resolved soon--or maybe they resolved it already? Still, I believe in the casts and I hope that the plot is also great, or at least, good. :)

Seo In-gook and Jo Yoon-hee confirm King’s FaceSeoInGook_JoYoonHee1.jpg

I half-expected this drama never to see the light of day, but then again, controversy doesn’t seem to stop most broadcasters from airing content and dealing with the fallout later. In the case of KBS’s fusion sageuk The King’s Face, the drama has been embroiled in plagiarism controversy since late this summer, when production house Jupiter Film filed an injunction against KBS Media for its unauthorized drama adaptation of their 2013 movieThe Face Reader. Both sides have argued back and forth in the press, and technically they’re still waiting on the court’s final decision; KBS has decided to go ahead with production anyway. [more]

Archived