[Drama 2014-2015] Valid Love 일리있는 사랑

brokbsb

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uhm Tae-woong courted for new tvN romanceby girlfriday | July 30, 2014 
UhmTaeWoong1.jpg

Here’s a fall drama to look out for: writer Kim Do-woo of My Name Is Kim Sam-soon (alsoWhat’s Up, Fox? and Me Too, Flower!) is teaming up with PD Han Ji-seung of Alone in Lovefor a new romance drama on tvN. It’s called Valid Love, where “valid” is a homonym for the heroine’s name, Illy — so it’s also called Love With Illy. The offer is out to Uhm Tae-woong (Could We Love, Sword and Flower) to star, and he’s currently considering.

The drama has been picked up for the fall Monday-Tuesday slot, and will be about a woman who has an extramarital affair. It promises to be more than just a drama about adultery, though I have to tell you, this show’s got some odds stacked against it in the sympathy department, at least on paper: The heroine meets her husband when she’s in high school and he’s her teacher, and then after eventually marrying him, she then has an affair with a different man. At least they won’t be lacking for any dramatic conflict?

Uhm Tae-woong is being courted to play a 41-year-old marine lab researcher who meets the heroine while teaching biology at a girls’ high school. There IS going to be a way to make this less icky than just, She marries her teacher, right? Anyway, after becoming a married couple, she has an affair and he finds out and flies off the handle.

But the husband sounds like the hero of the story — besides the obvious fact that they’re wooing Uhmforce to play him — the drama is about the growth and maturity of the married couple, and will be a cheery story about how they’re fated to be. Okaaaay, but Fate needs to get a grip until both parties graduate, is all imma say about that.

Valid Love follows My Secret Hotel (which follows High School King of Savvy) and premieres in October.

Via Joongang

http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/07/uhm-tae-woong-courted-for-new-tvn-romance/

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: 400; font-style: inherit; font-size: 26px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.4em; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; font-variant: inherit; visibility: visible;"Uhm Tae Woong and Han Ji Min May Join the List of Reunited Drama Coupleslovelymorning August 12, 2014
2014.08.12_uhm-taewoong-han-jimin.jpg

On August 13, a representative in the drama industry revealed while giving an explanation of the drama, “Han Ji Min is being suggested as the female lead in the upcoming drama, ‘Reasonable Love,’ which also has Uhm Tae Woong as the prospective male lead. If they both take up the leading roles it would be their first in nine years working together on the same project. ‘Reasonable Love’ is currently planned to take the Monday-Tuesday night slot.”

First, a representative of Uhm Tae Woong’s management agency, Sim Entertainment, clarified, “It is true that Uhm Tae Woong received the script and synopsis for the drama. However, it is one of many that he is considering at the moment so nothing is definite.” Han Ji Min’s management agency also gave a similar statement, saying that “The drama is indeed one of the many offers that she has received and it is true that she is considering it in a positive light. However, nothing has been decided for sure.”

Uhm Tae Woong and Han Ji Min have worked together in the past in a KBS drama called “Resurrection” as the two main leads. The drama was a big hit back in 2005, and they are still considered one of the best drama couples today. If they do end up working together in this drama, they will probably be the last of the line of reunited drama couples this year, which seemed to be the new 2014 trend in the drama industry.

2014.08.12_uhm-taewoong-han-jimin-resurr

They were briefly reunited in 2006 for the MBC drama “Wolf.” However, this 16-episode drama was cancelled after the third episode due to a stunt accident that ended with the injury of Han Ji Min and Moon Jung Hyuk (also known as Eric of Shinhwa).

2014.08.12_uhm-taewoong-han-jimin-wolf.j

“Reasonable Love” will be a drama about a woman who gets married to her high school teacher, but later meets another man. Representatives of the drama indicate that this will be a unique melodrama that expresses the growth of a married couple and the events that occur to a destined couple, rather than just another drama about adultery.

http://www.soompi.com/2014/08/12/uhm-tae-woong-and-han-ji-min-may-join-the-list-of-reunited-drama-couples/

• 1 month later...

@brokbsb, thank you for starting the thread... and thank you for all the material you provided too.

So looking forward to this drama...

Yey... We got confirmations !

From AsianWiki FB page:

Uhm Tae-Woong,Lee Si-Young, Lee Soo-Hyuk & Choi Yeo-Jin are cast in new tvN drama series VALID LOVE (literal title of "Ilriitneun Sarang").

For drama series VALID LOVE, Uhm Tae-Woong and Lee Si-Young play a married couple. Uhm Tae-Woong's character first met Lee Si-Young's character when he was a biology teacher at an all girls high school. Now, he learns his wife is having an affair with a carpenter (Lee Soo-Hyuk). He decides to try to keep his family together.

VALID LOVE will first air sometime this November in South Korea.

safe_image.php?d=AQDorq0Ob349wn4W&w=484&

Asianwiki - Valid Love

class="content-title" style="font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.4em; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Uhm Tae Woong, Lee Si Young, and Lee Soo Hyuk in Talks to Star in New tvN Dramauhm-tae-woong-lee-si-young-lee-soo-hyuk.

Actors Uhm Tae WoongLee Si Young, and Lee Soo Hyuk are currently considering offers to star in a new tvN drama titled “Valid Love” (tentative English title).

On September 15, a representative of Uhm Tae Woong’s agency told TV Report, “He is in the stages of making final adjustments to his casting.” Lee Si Young’s agency also revealed, “Lee Si Young received an offer to star in ‘Valid Love.’ She is currently looking it over.”

If confirmed, Uhm Tae Woong will be acting as the lead male character namedJang Tae Hee, a 41-year-old marine laboratory researcher, while Lee Si Youngwill be taking on the lead female role of Il Li (Illy). Also in talks of being cast in this drama as a carpenter named Kim Jun, is model-actor Lee Soo Hyuk.

“Valid Love” is by the same writer of “My Lovely Sam Soon” and “Me Too, Flower!” It is scheduled to begin airing in October following the completion of “My Secret Hotel.

http://www.soompi.com/2014/09/15/uhm-tae-woong-lee-si-young-and-lee-soo-hyuk-in-talks-to-star-in-new-tvn-drama/

class="headline" style="font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.21em; margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Uhm Tae Woong, Lee Si Young, Lee Soo Hyuk and Choi Yeo Jin Confirmed for Drama ‘Valid Love’tvN’s upcoming drama Valid Love has confirmed its casting with Uhm Tae Woong, Lee Si Young, Lee Soo Hyuk and Choi Yeo Jin.

Valid Love is about a girl named ‘Kim Il Li’ (Il Li means valid in Korean), who marries her high school teacher but falls in love with another man, as the drama debates whether hew new love is valid from both her and her husband’s point of view.

The drama will tell the story of Il Li, who feels passionate love for the first time after she enters a stable relationship though marriage and two men who are by her side. 

CJ E&M’s Kim Ryun Hee PD said, “Most people go through passionate love and mature before they have a stable relationship and get married but the story of Il Li, who experiences her first love while she is in a stable marriage, will present a drama with different sentiments.”

75977002.jpg
Lee Si Young will be acting as ‘Kim Il Li’ while Uhm Tae Woong will be acting as Kim Il LI’s husband ‘Jang Hee Tae,’ who watches his wife experiencing new love during their marriage.

Lee Soo Hyuk will be taking on the role of ‘Kim Joon,’ who captures Il Li’s heart with his fatal charms and Choi Yeo Jin will be acting as ‘Jang Hee Soo,’ the younger sister of ‘Jang Hee Tae’ with chic and straightforward character.

Kim Ryun Hee PD stated, “The passionate and hot ‘first love’ and fateful and stable ‘last love’ will come in a switched order to ‘Kim Il Li’ as she shows her struggles on love through writer Kim Do Woo and director Han Ji Seung’s unique sentiments. The production team of My Name is Kim Sam Soon and Alone In Love and the charming cast members will be presenting a drama with new color so please show your anticipation.”

Valid Love will begin filming in September and air in November.

Photo credit: CJ E&M
https://ph.celebrity.yahoo.com/news/uhm-tae-woong-lee-si-young-lee-so-070508428.html
http://www.mnetamerica.com/news/article/75977/valid-love-confirms-casting-and-will-begin-filming-soon

Well, firstly, I'm a bit disappointed that HJM is not in this. I haven't seen the actors except for Uhm Force, so I'm sure it will be an interesting and fun ride for me. 
As far as I know, most tvN dramas hold drama concerts and actors sing in the concerts so I'm looking forward to it. I hope this drama becomes huge. Fighting!

Lets Hope and don't forget to prayer this drama will be Good drama and Hits :) whatever the plot, lol,.. Some friend told me TvN dramas not really Mellow although the genre drama is mellow.. So I hope for this one too becoz I'm traumatic with UTW's crying scene.. Hah.. :o

Guest nedenuleyn

I trust tvN because almost all their dramas hit big, even if they don't they are of very high quality and very good. I hope the same for VL. I think it will have many sad scenes but I also wish it'll be fun. @uhmforce, Maybe Uhm Force can sing an OST?  [-O<

Lee Shi-young and Uhm Tae-woong get hitched for Valid LoveLeeShiYoung_UhmTaeWoong1.jpg

Confirmations are in for the cast of tvN’s fall Monday-Tuesday drama Valid Love, withUhm Tae-woong (Could We Love) playing the leading man as expected, while the heroine will be played by Lee Shi-young (Golden Cross), rather than Han Ji-min, who was courted earlier. Now that it’s going to be Lee Shi-young and Uhm Tae-woong, I want it to be really quirky, like High School King of Savvy quirky.

The new romantic comedy comes from writer Kim Do-woo (My Name Is Kim Sam-soon, What’s Up Fox, Me Too Flower!) and PD Han Ji-seung (Alone in Love), and stars Uhm Tae-woong as a marine researcher who once taught biology temporarily at a girls’ high school, and met his future wife Lee Shi-young there when she was a student. They get married and have a very ordinary happy marriage like anyone else, but one day the husband finds out that his wife is cheating on him, and gets furious for the first time in his life and explodes (hopefully figuratively — these days, it’s hard to tell).

Lee Shi-young plays the wife who’s caught between her husband who should be her “last love,” and Lee Soo-hyuk (High School King of Savvy), a carpenter who makes her feel as if she’s experiencing a “first love.” The drama will play with this last love/first love dynamic and the heroine’s mixed-up timing, in meeting the two men in reverse order, so to speak. I dunno, we’ll have to see if it’s a sympathetic conflict, or if it’s just a lot of fancy talk to justify cheating.

Choi Yeo-jin (Emergency Couple) also joins the cast as Uhm Tae-woong’s little sister, a chic woman who never hesitates to speak her mind. She tends to play characters I love — the brassy, sassy best friend — so I’m looking forward to her dynamic with her oppa. Maybe she’ll be the voice of reason in all this?

On paper the basic setup sounds more like a melo than a rom-com, but the hero’s trajectory sounds really funny: Once he calms down after the initial shock, he decides he can’t just sit back and lose his wife, so he sets out to prove that her new love is invalid (the heroine’s name is Illy, which means “valid”). It’s definitely weird but he’s a scientist, so I get the impulse to back up his hypothesis with evidence. Please make Uhmforce a super-nerd, pretty please!

The 20-episode drama has been pushed a few months back and will now follow Liar Game(which follows My Secret Hotel) in November.

LeeSooHyuk_ChoiYeoJin1.jpg

Via Chosun

http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/09/lee-shi-young-and-uhm-tae-woong-get-hitched-for-valid-love/

I agree with @Hannahmiriam‌, I think this drama doesn't intend to justify or glorify adultery. On the contrary, I think it will show how a relationship like that will not do. In the end, LSY will understand love is actually what she felt for UTW, so she'll go back to him. I started to feel the plot after reading db's post, the part where UTW tries to show her the true way.

I already have an alternative ending scenario. **After LSY understands she loves UTW, she will go to his office happily. In the voice over she will ask "Can we love?" and then she and UTW will bear hug. Just as they smile at each other happily, it ends. **

Guest chenderella

Yay for another uhmforce drama! I loled at your great reference @brokbsb. Time to call out those regulars to be here too! :) I like the cast but questionable about Lee Soo Hyuk. I just finished watching Tree With Deep Roots and he was one of weakest links there but then again the rest of the cast was pretty stellar. I haven't seen him in anything else so I'm hopeful for improvement. I'm sad that it's not Han Ji Min but I do like Lee Si Young so I hope she gets to shine in this too!

Archived