[Drama 2014] CSTV Greatest Marriage -최고의 결혼

irilight

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@irilight, thanks so much for starting this thread. Excited to see who the rest of the cast members will be.
http://www.kaedejun.com/2014/07/park-si-yeon-star-greatest-marriage/

Just as  kaedejun says, I hope BSB and PSY will have roles much happier than their similar roles in Secret and Nice Guy respectively.

@irilight, I am happy too :)
However, one sentence in this article made me a tad less happy (speaking as a BSB fan):
http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/Article.aspx?aid=2991656

"The show, which signals her first time back on television since her run on the KBS series “The Innocent Man” (2012), is a melodrama." (italics are mine)
Maybe the article is wrong?  Maybe it's a melo laced with some happy, comedic moments for BSB??

Actor/musician No Min-Woo is cast in upcoming CSTV drama series THE GREATEST WEDDING (literal title of "Choigoui Gyeolhon"). He joins already cast performers Bae Soo-Bin and Park Si-Yeon.

The drama series itself follows four different couples with a single mother (Park Si-Yeon) as the central figure. No Min-Woo will play a character named Park Tae-Yeon. His character works as a newspaper reporter and he comes from a wealthy family that runs a large company. He likes to date, but he feels uncomfortable with the idea of marriage.

THE GREATEST WEDDING first airs this September in South Korea.

The+Greatest+Wedding-tp3.jpg

Source: AsianWiki

class="svtitle" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 30px; margin: 3px 0px 14px; padding: 0px; line-height: 1.2em; font-weight: normal; clear: both; display: inline;"No Min Woo to Play a Rich Boy in 'Greatest Marriage'No Min Woo confirmed for 'Greatest Marriage'

TV Chosun's Greatest Marriage is on a roll, as it also confirmed No Min Woo for a leading role on July 7.

A rep from the drama stated this day that No Min Woo will be appearing in Greatest Marriage as Park Tae Yeon, a rich boy who works as a reporter.

876AF6CE189BF1D3154C02B4DEB79.jpg

Park Tae Yeon goes against his father's hopes that he will continue the family business, and enters a cooking school. After graduation, he goes to work as a reporter for the country's most renowned newspaper.

He loves to date, but tends to shy away from suggestions of marriage.

Greatest Marriage will start airing in September.

Source: MSN Entertainment

Bae Soo-bin in "Greatest Marriage"

photo455886.jpg

Actor Bae Soo-bin is the lead actor of TV Chosun "Greatest Marriage".

Scheduled for this September, "Greatest Marriage" is about the relationships and marriage of four different couples through a single mother.

Bae Soo-bin is Jo Eun-cha, an anchorman who is the best at his job and is respected by many around him.

Bae Soo-bin has been a great influence on the viewers with his excellent performances in various products. He recently starred in "Secrets" as Ahn Do-hoon, a man blinded by success and desire.

He is a completely different character in this upcoming drama. He takes off the cruel image of Ahn Do-hoon and puts on the face as an elite anchor named Jo Eun-cha.

Sourxe: Hancinema

Interesting. So all three of them are going to be reporters.

I wonder if they work for the same station or newspaper or different ones.

I sometimes post similar articles about casting, esp. in the beginning, as different articles may give us different insights into the characters

@cynkdf.... despair...?!   sounds like a melo to me.....

Still her character sounds like a strong one. She chose to be a single mom and live as she sees fit rather than marriage...

Kept only relevant material of this article

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.21em; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Park Si Yeon to Star in Drama ′Greatest Marriage′

Actress Park Si Yeon will be making a two-way return on both the small screen and big screen.

Following her work with the Hollywood film The Last Knights, Park Si Yeon recently confirmed she was cast for the TV Chosun miniseries Greatest Marriage.

68211219.jpg

Greatest Marriage is about four couples, whose stories are centered around a woman who chose to be a single mother.

Park Si Yeon will play the role of the single mother, Cha Ki Young, who used to live the good life as a successful anchor but fell into despair after she became a single mother.

She will be costarring with actor Bae Soo Bin.

The drama will start airing sometime in September.

Source: Yahoo Entertainment

Noh Min-woo joins Park Shi-yeon in Greatest Marriageby girlfriday | July 7, 2014 | 18 Comments

NohMinWoo1.jpg

Cable network TV Chosun’s fall drama Greatest Marriage has confirmed its leading lady inPark Shi-yeon (Nice Guy), who will be playing an anchorwoman and single mother in the drama that promises to be a realistic take on dating and marriage. Bae Soo-bin (Secret) stars as a talented and ambitious anchorman, which sounds like a potentially great pairing full of tense news desk banter. I just always picture news anchors to be fast-talking no-nonsense people, though I suppose that’s based on TV show characters more than anything.

Read full article here:  Dramabeans

Well, this article says it's a comic melodrama.....

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Park Si Yeon, No Min Woo, and Bae Soo Bin Confirmed for “Greatest Marriage”

great-marriage-cast.jpg

Park Si Yeon, Baek Soo Bin, 
and No Min Woo have been confirmed to be in upcoming drama “Greatest Marriage“.

“Greatest Marriage” will be a hybrid comic-melodrama which will tell the story of an unmarried mother in her thirties, exploring the idea of “what is the ideal type of marriage for the women of this society?”

Park Si Yeon, in her first acting role since her drug scandal, will play broadcast anchorwoman Cha Ki Young, who decides to give birth to a child without getting married.

The drama will air on the cable channel TV Chosun. The supporting cast has yet to be announced, but it is also going to be stellar, according to producer Oh Jong Rok and screenwriter Go Yoon Hee

“Greatest Marriage” will begin airing this September.

Source: Soompi

class="date-header" style="margin: 0px; position: relative; font-weight: normal; font-size: 14px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, sans-serif; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); min-height: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Thursday, July 10, 2014

Cherry Cordial Was Right! Park Si Yeon Makes Her Comeback

park+si+yeon.jpgDespite her very, very recent scandal Park Si Yeon has just joined a new drama. Her first since Nice Guy a few years ago. Her first since giving birth. And most importantly, her first since being convicted for Propofol use. 

Ahem. That's a busy couple of years. 

It does make sense that her drama come-back is on one of the smaller cable networks, TV Chosun--I'm guessing the big 3 aren't ready to take her back quite yet--however, starting small may just be the way to start the climb her way back up to success. She is a really good actress (even if I wasn't able to finish Nice Guy) and Kdrama can always use more of those. 

The drama is called Greatest Marriage, about a woman who has found success in her career as a news anchor, but failure in love, decides to become in a single mother. Hmm... I wonder how that will go over? In my Kdrama experience single mothers are not accepted that well--and to have a career so much in the public eye? A recipe for trouble. 
Read more here:  crazyforkdrama

More casting news:  Uhm Hyun Kyung (Mother's Garden) joins the cast:
http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=2014071614032462320&type=1&outlink=1

If anyone is watching Mother's Garden, does Uhm Hyun Kyung play a villainess there? 

Archived