[Drama 2014] Misaeng, 미생

kaiskloset

Viki-Presented-By-Banner.png

Angel-Eyes.png

NETWORK: tvN [link]

OFFICIAL WEBSITE:[link]

image            

Director: KIM WON-SEOK (김원석)

Writer: Yoon Tae-Ho (original comic), Jang Yoon-Jung

Producer: ~

Episodes: TBA

Premiers: October 17, 2014

Airtime: Fridays and Saturdays | 20:50 KST

Genre:  Romance, Comedy

Preceded by: AGE ENDING IN NINE BOY

10386362_1442184016047556_38792947955320

via HANCINEMA

via ASIAN WIKI

10492389_1442185982714026_82540841467810

image

Jang Geu-rae  [ IM SIWAN ]

* played the board game go since he was a child.
Playing the game was everything to him,
but he failed to become a professional go player.
Now he is thrown out into the real world.
By an acquaintance’s recommendation,
Jang Geu-Rae is able to begin to work
at Wonin International as an intern.

10703689_352062961634604_716505996871065

Ahn Yeong-i  [ KANG SORA]

10696268_352062781634622_590227442758779
* a flawless but problematic amateur.
She's a bold character who is up to task for anything,
with sometimes being passionate or feminine.

Even though she's a rookie, her adeptness at dealing with
work makes other fellow male colleagues envious of her.
She's also undefeatable. (HANCINEMA)

Oh Sang Sik  [ LEE SUNG-MIN]

Wonin International Section chief. 

10711083_352063164967917_307846020420995                                                              

Jang Baek-Ki  [ KANG HA-NEUL]

10610619_352062771634623_365418651235303

10712750_1483615685237722_84922304033115

Deputy Dept Head Sun  [Shin Eun-Jung]

1621887_323167417857492_8390693705096779

Assistant Manager Kim Dong-Sik  [Kim Dae-Myung]

10411188_323166781190889_346138937060518

Han Suk-Yool  [ Byun Yo-Han ]

1655875_352062951634605_1974528295239470

VIDEOS: LINK(S)

* FIRST SCRIPTREADING

* MAIN TEASER MAIN CASTS 

* SIWAN TEASER 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVPH_4EB0gYhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AmmSNW6Ls0http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVPH_4EB0gY

RATINGS

via korean drama

Episode Ratings

Date Episode Nationwide
2014-10-17 1 1.599
2014-10-18 2 2.345
2014-10-24 3  
2014-10-25 4  
2014-10-31 5  
2014-11-01 6  
2014-11-07 7  
2014-11-08 8  
2014-11-14 9  
2014-11-15 10  
2014-11-21 11  
2014-11-22 12  
2014-11-28 13  
2014-11-29 14  
2014-12-05 15  
2014-12-06 16  
2014-12-12 17  
2014-12-13 18  
2014-12-19 19  
2014-12-20 20  

Source: AGB Nielsen

****    [ E D I T I N G ]

Please follow ALL K-Drama & Movies and Soompi Rules

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTIONDon't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no raw/illegal streaming/download links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki,Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their Id reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.
PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE! 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Introducing (and understanding)

The Korean Comic Book Misaeng

class="title" “The one who has not lived yet”
class="title": War of attrition in the corporate office   Posted by Emanuel Pastreich via LINK

misaeng-cover1.jpg?w=150&h=91

Korean comic books (“Manhwa” as opposed to the Japanese “Manga”) have increased their sophistication with incredible speed over the last five years.

I do not read comic books as a rule, and my exposure is limited to the educational manhwa my children read at home. But when I saw an article about the new manhwa series “Misaeng” (未生 “The one who has not lived yet”) I had to have a copy. It is a remarkable work of art that deserves to be widely read and analyzed.

Misaeng, the work of Yoon Taeho (윤태호), describes the claustrophobic interpersonal relations between employees of Korean corporations, focusing on the banality of everyday life and the little struggles and tiny victories of survival in a corporate culture. The analogy that dominates the book is between life in modern society and the game of baduk   or “go” as it is known in Japanese.

baduk.jpg?w=150&h=146

The cover of Misaeng features the relentless grid which suggests the gameboard of baduk, the unrelenting banality of office design (or the exteriors of office buildings) and the ruthless game of office politics that dominates the lives of individuals. Note the office chairs placed on a baduk board. Each chapter of the multi-volume series features a particular scenario from baduk, reinforcing the analogy between the slow war of attrition based on positioning in baduk and office life.

misaeng-cover.jpg?w=368&h=224

misaeng-cover.jpg

============================

New drama Misaeng courts Im Shi-wan,

Kang So-ra, Kang Haneul

ImShiWan_KangSora1.jpg

Casting for the upcoming drama adaptation of the hit webtoon Misaeng (or Incomplete Life) is back in full swing, after an early round that fizzled out. The drama about a failed baduk player who struggles through young adulthood has been picked up by tvN, and is now set to air on Fridays and Saturdays in October. Im Shi-wan (Triangle) has been offered the leading role, which seems like a natural choice since he played the character in the prequel web drama earlier this year. Offers are also out to Kang So-ra (Doctor Stranger), Kang Haneul (Heirs), and Lee Sung-min (Miss Korea), who are all considering favorably.

The webtoon is about a young man who fails to make it as a pro baduk player (a strategy game akin to chess), and struggles with the monotony of his bleak future. It’s the story of his gradual awakening and reentry into society after living a depressed, inconsequential existence — not yet alive, as the title tells us. He joins the rank and file of the corporate office employees and struggles to adapt, eventually figuring out a way to use the lessons he learned from baduk to engage with his life.

Kang So-ra has been cast as the heroine, a cold, sharp, capable worker and new intern who enters the company with the hero. Lee Sung-min will play their boss, a dedicated workaholic and leader who’s also warm and dependable. And Kang Haneul has been cast as the ambitious co-worker who’s smart but stunted by his anxious and sensitive nature

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for re-opening the thread!! Now I'm just waiting for Kang Ha Neul's confirmation... Please say yes Oppa~~ :x

Kang So-ra to star in "Misaeng - Drama"
photo460304.jpg

Actress Kang So-ra is starring in "Misaeng - Drama".
She takes on the role of Ahn Yeong-i, a flawless but problematic amateur. She's a bold character who is up to task for anything, with sometimes being passionate or feminine. Even though she's a rookie, her adeptness at dealing with work makes other fellow male colleagues envious of her. She's also undefeatable.
"Misaeng - Drama" is based on a web-toon about a man who risks everything in the game of Go but fails to enter a professional team and is thrown back into reality.
HanCinema

Kang So Ra Confirmed To Star In 'Misaeng'
kang-sora.jpg?w=600

Actress Kang So Ra has been confirmed for the drama "Misaeng."
Shortly after the conclusion of her project "Doctor Stranger," Kang So Ra will be making a drama comeback with "Misaeng."
Her character An Young is described as straightforward and serious on the outside, but sweet and somewhat feminine on the inside. She is very good at what she does, to the point that she is the receiving end envy and respect of the other players.
"Misaeng" was originally released as a web cartoon in the online portal Daum, and was made into a short film starring ZE:A's Im Si Wan. Director Kim Won Suk and writer Jang Yoon Jung from the drama "Monstar" will be reuniting for this project.
It is about a player who bets his everything into playing professional chess, only to lose what he's worked for and have his life spiral into depression.
In related news, Im Si Wan is being courted to play the lead character in the remake, and actor Kang Ha Neul is likewise being offered a role in the drama.
The drama is scheduled to air on October.
kdramastars

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kang So Ra confirmed for the female lead of 'Misaeng'
Actress Kang So Ra has been confirmed for the female lead of the drama version of 'Misaeng'!
She'd been in talks to play the female lead An Young, and no she's confirmed! She plays the perfectionist employee who looks like she's cold and flawless on the outside, but is actually passionate, a little clumsy, and innocent on the inside.
'Misaeng' originally featured as a webtoon last year on the Daum portal site and was remade into a short film featuring ZE:A's Siwan. 'Monster's PD Kim Won Suk and writer Jang Yoon Jung will reunite for this drama remake as well. 
The drama is set to air in October this year on tvN.
allkpop

Here's AsianWiki's page: MisaengMisaeng - Incomplete Life (미생 - 아직 살아 있지 못한 자)

Kang So Ra confirms for tvN's new drama 'Misaeng'
Kang So Ra will play the lead female role in tvN's new drama "Misaeng". 
She will portray a character name An Young who is a cold and perfectionist employee on the outside but in fact she's really passionate, a little clumsy and innocent on the inside. 
In adition, ZE:A's Siwan and Kang Ha Neul are also considering to star in this drama. 
"Misaeng" is based on a popular webtoon about baduk and it was made as a prequel in 2013 with Siwan starring as the lead character. The drama is set to be broadcast this October on tvN. 
dkpopnews

Guest kimsontoya

Awww.  Been waiting for this thread to open.  TVN is quite good in producing no nonsense drama series.  Finally, So Ra as the only female lead...wheeww!!!
=D>

I hope the drama series will become a huge hit.  Since Misaeng is quite popular as a webtoon.

If you work for a company in Korea these days and have never heard of Jang Geu-rae from Yoon Tae-ho’s online comic “Misaeng,” you’re way behind the trend.

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=2967318

Aahhhhh I'm so excited The webtoon story and plot seems interesting and soo fresh to be adapted to Kdrama! Too bad seems there's no english translated of the webtoon yet

Here another article about Misaeng I found from internet

"Misaeng, the work of Yoon Taeho (윤태호), describes the claustrophobic interpersonal relations between employees of Korean corporations, focusing on the banality of everyday life and the little struggles and tiny victories of survival in a corporate culture"

"The analogy that dominates the book is between life in modern society and the game of baduk   or “go” as it is known in Japanese"

http://circlesandsquares.asia/2012/09/16/the-korean-comic-book-misaeng-misaeng-%E6%9C%AA%E7%94%9F-the-one-who-has-not-lived-yet-war-of-attrition-in-the-corporate-office/

Everyone here had watched the prequel of this drama?

Guest kimsontoya

Since the main female character of this story has a short hair with a bangs, I'm looking at how So Ra would look like with one.  Below are photos of the movie female lead and the cartoon character.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUf7iy7GoH64DPJ8fP8NM
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUn9cu1Unw8h1xqknSG4Y

So Ra in short hairstyles and with bangs.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpbzTAfGV4dB1RZPDltaw

2012102401001507900136014.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkkEDCfwWlNUOKNlBU1-9

@kiyasnow Can you post here those edits you did? I would just like to anticipate how KSR would look like in that hairstyle.  Thanks. (:

I highly doubt that, well base on what @kimsontoya said TVN produces no nonsense dramas. Let's hope they keep up with company standards! *crossfingers* :D

Don't worry I also highly doubt that!but still felt so argghhh unjusticed towards that best seller novelist hahaha

So this will be slice of life and office life drama,but still love line is a must im kdrama right?

I'm so anticipating this drama, because the office life and relationship between high and lower employee in east asia country seems more stressful and strict and often comparing to western one.

In my country we call it the chinese girls' school haircut. Cause chinese schools here have these hair rules.. the coconut or the mushroom haircut. HAHAHAH! I can't imagine Sora in it!!!! Oh DEARRR!! but i can't contain my excitement, but i'm sure she'll look adorable.  8->

Oh noo no mushroom hair cut please =)) =)) =)) cant imagine it really!!!

Archived