Message to your younger self

riti89

To start off, I'm sorry if this is already a thread somewhere! 
Anyways, if I could meet my younger self right now, I would probably tell her to keep things in perspective and to not let little setbacks hinder her ability to enjoy life. 
What would you tell your younger self, if you were given the opportunity to meet them?

loool As a man full of regrets, I would have a lot to say. I'll just list 3.
1. Be bolder. Don't worry about rejection, embarrassment, pain, or whatever. It's actually nothing. I'd rather have a funny/foolish memory to share than no memory of trying something.
2. Meet many new people, go to more events and fellowship. I started way too late.
3. Stop burning bridges, do not let go of the people you genuinely like. Nobody will replace them (as in there's only 1 of each of us in this world).

Be a stronger person mentally. Don't like people's mean words get to you. Finish all your manuscripts! (I began trying to write novels at the age of 16). Treat mom better and don't let her habits get to you. Don't take your weight for granted. Improve drawing skills.

Guest I_play_with_dolls

That phase you think you're not in, is a total phase. Now stop being a little richard simmons and go do something, like, read a book.

Guest lovebite

Listen, I know that when friendships ended, you were so devastated. You thought that it was because of you, and that something was wrong with you. Quite the contrary. Relationships are not meant to be forever, in the time being they carry a lesson or offer emotional support. So let go of people and how you think it's supposed to look like and stay in the present.

Guest Tofu_Cloud

1) EDUCATED FIRST, Get your degree and focus on school!
2) never depend on a man, no matter how good he seems, if you make him your world and one day your 'world' is gone, u will have nothing, be strong, be wise, and never be fooled twice.

I’m grateful to say that I don’t have too many regrets, at least not major ones but here are some things I wish I knew:

1. The world is a big place filled with people from all walks of life. You are not an outcast. It may seem like that now with the people who are currently in your life but know that there are many others like you out there and you will meet them someday and they will enrich your life. In the meantime, keep your head and live life.

2. Learn guitar. Learn guitar. It will pay off for you both personally and perhaps even socially. It will bring you much joy in your life, especially during the downturns of your life.

3. Friendships come and go. I know it’s painful to lose a close friend but sometimes it’s not your fault and that friendships aren’t meant to last forever. Just because they are gone from your life now doesn’t mean they did not play an important part in it. They helped make you who you are today.

4. If you’re not making mistakes and experiencing embarrassment, it means you’re not trying hard enough in life.

Guest j3nnnny

Don't focus on the negatives, because that won't change anything. Your best choice is to focus on the positives and gain some confidence!

Also, good job studying and working hard!!! LOL (geek :B)

Guest motherducker

I think mine would be something like: 
Stop worrying so much about meeting other people's expectation. It's okay to be selfish, it's okay to do things for yourself, it's okay to want something because you like it, and it'd definitely okay if you're stuck in a rut and unsure of the future. 
Don't let other people's judgement and influence cloud your own, find your own identity and don't be afraid to share that.
This is something I have to follow even to today. 

I have tons of things I would tell myself, mainly because of the low self-esteem I had. Thankfully my confidence has grown over these years (:
1. Stop dwelling on the past, let it go and learn from it. Don't let the past affect who you are in the present.
2. Don't be afraid to speak up about how you feel.
3. You deserve to have friends.
When I moved to a new school in 5th grade my self-esteem really made me feel undeserving of having friendships, which is why I started to push everyone away, causing me to become really cold sometimes. I became surprised if anyone ever spoke or approached me because I would always come to the conclusion that people didn't like me. I now just graduated from high school and I feel much, much better (: I'm a lot more positive about life and people in general.

Sorry for the unnecessary long history of my childhood and teenage years ahaha.

Archived