Hip/joint pain?

Guest C Yuan

Guest C Yuan

The other day I was playing badminton, and I lunged and landed too hard on my right heel. As a result, now there is a pain seemingly at my hip/joint (the 'inside' type of pain). After a week it hurt on and off, but today when I was playing it suddenly hurt a lot more. Could it be because on wednesday our team did a lot of footwork and jumping (making me land on that point a lot)? Today I could barely lunge or bend without it hurting. 
I'm going to get this checked soon, but since none of the doctors are available at the moment and I have a tournament soon, I'd like to know what type of injury it is/how to lessen the pain/stretches to help. Thanks! :)

It may be a hip flexor strain or hip flexor tendonitis. Icing and massaging the area might help but the best way is to rest it for awhile.

It shouldn't be anything too serious so don't worry

I wish I could advise static and dynamic stretches but it's not within my scope of practice

Good luck

• 7 months later...

when sinews, tendons, joints etc. are hurting, ice numbs and masks the pain so that you can push your body (damaging yourself further becomes the cost of temporary performance)
if you have time use heat, blood follows heat, and avascular areas such as the tendons require nutrient from blood passing by, so the more new, nutrient rich blood passes by the area, the faster it will heal.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived