acne prone skin

Guest lilaznyume

Guest lilaznyume

So I'm 26 and I have oily acne prone skin. And lately my face broke out and I got a lot of white heads. I got recommended to use the ljh black & white peel off mask but it doesn't seem to work. Someone recommends I use the a.c. care line while someone else told me to use the iope trouble clinic line. I bought the laneige blackhead melting gel and iope enzyme powder treatment wash because someone said it work helped the problem. Does anyone have any recommendations on what is better to use?

• 1 month later...
Guest jolive213

I suggest to use what you have bought and wait for results...It is not good to experiment with skin so never use multiple remedies together...If the current one will not work then start your discussion again...Good Luck

Yeah, you are using too much stuff. They fight with each other. You need to wait for your skin to adapt before you can see results.
If you are financially capable, I recommend you to go to a professional instead. I get a facial to handle my skin issue. The aesthetician recommended me the products they carried to use at home, because the facial is only half of the regimen. They told me to stop using my old products and only using theirs to make sure the regimen is effective. So far so good. I like how I don't need to use many products on my face (moisturizer, bunch of masks, eye cream, night cream, toner, serums, scrub, etc), beside 4 things that I bought from them (moisturizer, serum, cleanser and night cream).

Guest glamazon21

Yeah I think you should see a professional, get a facial done and talk to them about what you can do for improving your skin. Are there any lifestyle factors that you think could be playing into your skin's condition? Things like sleep, diet, or stress can take a toll on your skin. Give your products some time to see how it reacts with your skin.

Guest cristinalife

lilaznyume said: So I'm 26 and I have oily acne prone skin. And lately my face broke out and I got a lot of white heads. I got recommended to use the ljh black & white peel off mask but it doesn't seem to work. Someone recommends I use the a.c. care line while someone else told me to use the iope trouble clinic line. I bought the laneige blackhead melting gel and iope enzyme powder treatment wash because someone said it work helped the problem. Does anyone have any recommendations on what is better to use?

Guest javalava

When I was 13, I used to have really really bad skin, like enough-oil-to-start-wars-in-the-middle-east level so lots of acne. Tried everything non-prescription under the sun, from 3-part systems (a la Proactive), to clay masks, to 3% foaming salicylic acid washes, to 10% benzyl alcohol spot treatments, to rubbing fresh cut aloe on my skin. Nothing really worked.

So I sort of gave up, and my skin cleared up in 2 years. Now, most people don't believe that I had bad acne growing up. What changed was the following:
1. Kept my hair out of my face. I used to have bangs, and that contributed I think to irritating my skin.
2. Stopped popping my pimples (except the really really shallow and huge ones)
3. Started working out/eating healthy.

I don't know how much of my "recovery" was from growing up versus routine changes, but those three are the only differences I could remember. Now, my routine is basically a normal cleanser (non-acne) to take off makeup, gel moisturizer, and sunscreen/bb cream. I don't use any acne products and I only break out for PMS (and its pretty minor). Good luck!

Guest lilylove2014

Use Retin-A prescription. Stick with it for at least a year. A big commitment but it works! Meanwhile use very strong mineral mask to keep your face free of impurities.

Guest PeachyPie

I use  Retin- A 1%. It got rid of my acne and dark spots on my face ^_^  I started seeing positive changes about 2 months into treatment. 

Guest ����

I have a similar problem, and whenever I get a hord of pimples on my forehead (due to stress or whatever) I do this, and they dissappear in like  3 days:
- I don't eat any diary (milk, cheese, yoghurt)
- I drink lots (more than usually) water and green tea
- I don't eat sweets, no candies and chocolate allowed!
- I don't it overly spicy, oily or salty foods
- I wash my face three times a day (normally two)
- I minimize my skin care routine to toner (freshner, not lotion) - oil free moisturizing emulsion - spf 30 sunscreen (50 spf tend to be heavy)
- I sleep on my back with my face facing the ceiling.

As for products, Malgem emulsion and Wonder Pore freshner from Etude House helped me more than any high-end products ever did haha.

Yeah I think you should see a professional, get a facial done and talk to them about what you can do for improving your skin. Are there any lifestyle factors that you think could be playing into your skin's condition? Things like sleep, diet, or stress can take a toll on your skin. Give your products some time to see how it reacts with your skin.

^ I agree with that; you should seek professional advice. But if you need to save money I suggest using the persa-gel 5 by clean and clear you can get it at any drug store. Hope this helps!

• 6 months later...
Guest rogerpamela

I always wanted to look the best and so used to wear make up almost on a daily basis. But I do not do that now as I feel my skin is not the same. I feel my skin tone is no more for make up. I have yesterday bought Sakare Gentle Toner and used it this morning. I am very positive about it and waiting for using make up again soon. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Covercommentplease

Acne and White heads have different ways to treatment.

For acne, I don't recommend using exfoliators face wash or poke/touch/squeeze it when you can't see white stuff at the top of the acne. When you see the white pus, then using a clean tool/hand you can carefully squeeze it out until a little blood is seen. Then you wash your face and moisturize your skin and put ointment on it. For small white/black heads, the best is going to facials because you would need to manually remove it, exfoliators only help for the surface ones. I don't recommend picking out your deep white/black heads because it may lead to scars and the only way to remove them is through multiple laser treatments and whitening products (too pricey).

In regards for skin care, I recommend to wash your face at least once a day and no more than twice a day due to the fact that overwashing may lead to removal of essential oil and cause your skin to become dryer hence more chances of acne to come. Exfoliating more than twice a week can also lead to more acne because you are causing your skin to become irritate. I find that high hydrating moisturizers are the best to maintain the best looking skin (I recommend the extra hydrating moisturizer from clinique). You can use make-up everyday as long as your take care of your skin properly, so in the end of the day, it doesn't matter whether you use a lot of makeup or not. As long as you use the right products that suits you and have a good skin care habit, all the acne would not stay too long. 

I find that yoga, spa, and other relaxing activities can help prevent acne because it counteracts the effect from hormone changes, stress, and etc.

Guest Covercommentplease

I usually go for facials once a month at minimum, some people I know working as models goes around once weekly/bi-weekly. 

BTW in case anyone wants to know my source, I am a make-up artist and have had aesthetics courses before. 

Hi! I just wanted to share my experience!
Although I did not have severe acne, but I suffered from an acne prone skin which went into an outrage (whole face was red, burned and itch whenever I used acne products) when I tried out various acne skincare lines (e.g. ProActiv). I suggest for you to cut down on the number of steps you take. Use only a toner, moisturiser and a sunblock. Sunblock is necessary to prevent the aggravation of pimples or acne.
Moisturising your skin can help to calm the irritated skin, and the sufficient moisture gives your skin more balance - and I think that's why my skin got better as well? I stuck to a simple routine of Cleanse & Moisturise (Jorubi Aloe Vera Gel). Sunscreen, I didn't put as I couldn't find one that was not greasy. And that really saved my face... Now I am using another range of products which seems good too (Curel, click here for link if you're interested to see my face transformation).
Cheers and I wish you all the best!

Guest shonnabryant_stv

I suggest you what you bought and then you can see it.If this not help you then you may consult with expert. 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Complete_My_Seoul

I recommend you to start adding BHA and AHA products into your skincare. These are chemical exfoliants that will get rid of your dead skin cells, unclog your pores, and renew your skin. They have a low pH level which is good for you skin (skin is naturally acidic). With a low pH routine, the acidicty of your skin will help fight off bacteria, thus reduce/get rid of your acne.

Archived