Which dress should I get for Prom??

Guest mindy1430275619

Guest mindy1430275619

So prom is coming up for me soon, and I am in need of dress. Currently, I have picked out two dresses, each which I like for different reason.. I just can't pick between these two-(sorry I couldn't attach the photos to this post, I tried, but the photos ended up huge!)

Dress 1- http://www.promgirl.com/shop/dresses/viewitem-PD862363

I would get this dress in red and my favorite thing about this dress is the back. I wanted a backless dress for prom that is somewhat tighter and this one is perfect! The only thing is that I think the front of this dress is lacking. I think though that this dress would fit and flatter my body nicely! 
Dress 2-http://www.newyorkdress.com/Riva/R9768.html?gclid=CIvS6JGUjr4CFaMcOgodxykATQ

This dress is just beautiful!!!! I love the jewels on the front and the back is really pretty as well. (though I wish it was backless) The neckline is also adorable as well (though I don't know if it would flatter me.) I love this dress a lot, but I am just not too sure if it would look good on my body since I'm kinda flat chested and I don't quite have a defined waist...
This is a picture of what I look like in a dress so you can get an idea- I kinda have a pear shaped body with a backside so I would like my dress to show that off! http://www.luuux.com/viz/lacey-elegance-ootd
Sammydress%20Dress%20Review%202014.jpg Backless%20Lace%20Embroidered%20Dress%20

Which dress do you think I should get? Both dresses are beautiful so I don't think I can go wrong.. it's just hard to pick! Dress #1 looks like it would fit me so well, but #2 is also sooo pretty!
Thank you guys so much!! 

Guest rosie93

I think that u should not wear a long dress at prom , u will not be comfortable . Try this one or similar , its perfect for that day and fit you well ❤ http://www.wallis.co.uk/en/wluk/product/dresses-265974/occasion-dresses-266011/black-keyhole-cutout-dress-2836530?bi=21&ps=20

Guest kirstymitchell

Hi Mindy, I think dress one is better for you. You may be too young for the second one. ^u^

I like the first one but if it's in white, the other colors don't suit it. That's just me though. Those colors don't appeal to me much. Good luck picking a dress. Personally I think you should look more rather than deciding upon those two. They just aren't that special.

Guest elleaych

I agree with the poster above, you should get a shorter dress. But if you really want a long dress, I'd say dress #1 in red.

Guest I_play_with_dolls

Honestly if you want a long dress go for the second one because it has a leg opening. Trust me prom is going to feel like hell when you have a long dress, I would recommend a short dress because it's easier to move but if you don't want that then the second one because their is less restriction of movement compared to the first one. 

Guest jabeum

I have to agree with everyone else. Though I do like the back of the 1st one, just that the design in the front isn't flattering at all. 

Guest mindy1430275619

Thank you guys!! Sorry, I should have been a bit more specific in my question, but for our school, seniors typically wear long dresses and I wanted something a bit more flashy since the theme for our prom is the great gatsby! I am strongly leaning towards the 1st dress right now!! =) 

I've just recently had my prom, and I can say having a long dress is absolutely no problem at all! Of the two choices, I like the second one more, but I'm not sure if it'd be the perfect fit for you. I also agree with the above, the front of the first dress is just a bit unflattering. To me, if you don't love the dress right away then maybe it's not the dress for you! I think you should keep your options open right now, and definitely get your dress soon if prom is right around the corner since you may need tailoring.
Also, in terms of the theme, both of the dresses are nice but they do not really match the gliz and glam that "The Great Gatsby" embodies, if you really wanted to match the theme.
I hope you find your perfect dress!

Guest mindy1430275619

hmm I just goggled great gatsby as well and I got some dresses that don't remind me of prom haha. Thank you for your help!! I think I'll just keep my options open right now and keep looking.. I still have a few more days before I should order!

Guest gushi

Maybe you can looks at this style: http://www.missweddingwear.com/product/a-line-scalloped-chiffon-floor-length-lace-evening-dresses-7363.html, it also look good for your body type

Guest jaey

Great Gatsby is set in the 1920s. The options you listed didn't really had anything that resembled that era. 

Guest KimikoY

I personally like the first dress. I like how the front looks conservative and the back is a little more revealing. I think you would look nice in both, and no I do not think you have a pear shaped body. hahaha, you have a very nice figure. Hope you find the perfect one. :D

• 3 months later...

Archived