What are some sweet things your boyfriend/girlfriend does for you on a daily basis?

Guest onFiRE*

Guest onFiRE*

Hey guys, share with me some of the sweet/cute things your S/O does for you on a daily basis. (:
Here's a few of mine:

- Texts/tells me "I love you" throughout the day
 - Insists on tucking me into bed at night =p
- Always opens the doors
 - Compliments me no matter how crappy I look
- Offers to bring me lunch whenever I have work

Your turnnnn. (;

Guest krauq

- She leans on my shoulder- Always smiles and says how funny I am- Says I'm her greatest friendAh, the joys of the friend zone... The struggle is real. :(

Guest alphaoxytocin

Anything done on a "daily basis" will not be seen as sweet given the time. Yes, when there is a cue for you to reflect (such as on anniversaries or Valentine's day), you can take the time to appreciate, but I am talking about the immediate reaction. Anything done on a daily basis will lose its intended effect. This is called the "overjustification effect". When a person is exposed to something repeatedly, it will be seen as "normal" to them.
Now I am not here to bring sadness to this thread, because all these things you listed are wonderful things. But I just want you to be careful. My guess is that you haven't dated him for a long time, which is quite normal for you to act this way presently. But I do want you to keep the following in mind if you want this special feeling to last. As the receiver of these things, always put in the effort to actively appreciate what he does, and do things for him to reciprocate as well. Always remember that no matter how many times he does these things for you repeatedly (just because they all seem "normal"), he never had to do any of it in the first place, so always put in the effort to treat them as special. Basically, your natural feelings will allow the overjustification effect to happen over time, and it may happen without you noticing, so you should put in the effort to combat that. So that means, you cannot just receive and "let things be". Like the saying, without effort to keep the kettle warm, it will get cold.
As the giver, you should make sure that your partner appreciates what you did. This cannot be done by directly saying "I did this for you, show some appreciation!" Instead, tell your partner how it FELT to do these things. For example, if you picked out a vest at the mall for him, tell him a vivid story of how you went through the trouble picking it out. Perhaps you had to visit multiple stores, perhaps the one you liked was sold out and you had to travel long distance to get it, perhaps you had an argument with the store manager. Perhaps also tell him that you were tired but you had fun. Hearing those things, he will automatically appreciate it. Even for little daily things like making a meal for him, you can tell a little story like how you though of cooking this dish, or how this time it was a bit different, or how you made a mistake putting too much pepper and you know he really dislikes pepper! Telling a story and telling him how to feel convey to him that you have put in the effort. And upon realizing that, he will appreciate your effort. This may also be a good advice to your partner. Perhaps you can ask him to tell you stories or ask questions that lead him to tell you a story about what he did for you.
Your post here is showing us that you are currently appreciating what he has done for you, which is good! But the above is just a reminder for you to continue to appreciate (I know you won't be posting here for every single thing he has done in the future), and how it is important to keep the appreciation up.

Guest alphaoxytocin

I'm sorry that my previous post sounded off-topic. I understand it wasn't answering the question, but I just wanted to provide something that COULD be helpful to everyone. It may not apply to you, but it's just a heads-up.

Guest onFiRE*

Hey Alphaoxytocin, actually I've been dating my boyfriend for two years now and we both appreciate the things we do for each other. Despite how "normalized" certain behaviors may eventually become, I think we all know at the end of the day that no one HAS to do nice things for us. We aren't entitled to anything. Furthermore, I think most people can recognize when their boyfriends or girlfriends are going out of their way to do or say something kind/sweet.

I love hearing about sweet things couples do for each other, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. I was actually inspired by a reddit thread and I thought I'd start one here. This is a light-hearted thread meant to share the love. :)

Guest mightyleaf

@onFiRE*‌

I wholeheartedly agree with you.

- you always ask if im thirsty and get a drink for me when im too lazy to walk downstairs cuz im watching my dramas.

- you wake up with me in the morning and call me beautiful despite me not having make up on.

- when you hold me in your arms when im sad or pissed and make everything okay.

- Picks me up from work when its rainy x)

Guest motherducker

- Is always there for me, day and night

- Super sweet

- So supportive, especially during that time of the month

Don't ever part ways with me, Hersheys <3

My ex used to call to say good night before I went to bed. The first time she did it, I was a little startled because I wasn't sure if she wanted to talk or just wanted to say good night. So when she saw me being confused/startled, she was like "Shhhhh~~ Just lay down and enjoy it <3" It was really cute and sweet

Guest chibi_chibi

It's not really a "daily" thing, it's just whenever it happens. He'd pick out cilantro from my food if he sees it cause I can't stand eating it or remembers to tell the waiter "No cilantro, please", for me when I forget. <3

Guest princess_sunshine

He tells me that he misses me.Take me to work and pick me up.Hold my hands.Asking me how is my day.Back hug :xSaying he loves me.

• 2 weeks later...

Me and my bf are in a semi-LDR. We only see each other a couple of days a week, depending on his work schedule. So when we do see each other, he asks for back scratches and massages, which I give. He'll also drive me to and from work whenever he has time. On a daily basis, though, we rarely do cutesy things with each other - except bicker. We love bickering. He doesn't compliment me (because he says it'll spoil me.) Instead he insults me teasingly, and I'd return the favor. I think it's so much more fun that way haha!

• 1 month later...
Guest marjgarcia

Well my 'ex' boyfriend (I'm single as of now. Haha) did the same thing to what your boyfriends did to you..but what I loved the most is when he would bring an umbrella for me. Lol. He knows I'm too lazy to bring one so he would bring one instead :D

Guest Tracey X

Ooh, I love it when we're doing our own thing and we then bust out laughing for no reason. I love doing that everyday with my s/o.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest joannanana

- sends me a sweet morning text almost every morning (he usually wakes up earlier than me) so i have something to read from him when i wake up- when he calls me to wake me up - one time he called me 15 times because I forgot to turn my sound on :( 

- Wake up call/sms (she usually wakes up earlier than me)- She kisses me when I become temperamental, and she shows that pretty smile on her face. That's when I forget my bad moments.- She always let me feel that her day will never be complete without her. So I always visit her after work.- She never made me feel hungry. I gained some weight.- She never fails to say I love you. That's why I'm always faithful to her.
:)

Archived