***Exercising at home ***

Guest linnhhh

Guest linnhhh

Are you too broke for a gym membership? I had to cancel mine two years ago during college, but I began a new routine. I've used different videos on youtube to exercise at home. It's been saving me so much money and I get the same amount of cardio and strength training as I do at the gym! :) 
I would like to post up videos on here to help you, !  I will be posting a video weekly on different types of work outs you can do at home.
VIDEO #1 ;>>>>

Denise Austin) 
I like to do this in the morning before I start off my day. 
What videos do you use? Feel free to post on here, so we all can share! 

____________________________________________________________________UPDATE: I've been doing this all week! 
BUNS OF ENVY WORKOUT:

I'm having alot of fun with different workouts this week. Toning up my lower body with doing some running. 
How are you exercising this week? Comment BELOW*** :) 

i think you can do more with push ups, squats, crunches, leg lifts, calf raises, and a brisk walk around the neighborhood than most people accomplish at the gym.
200 squats 100 push ups 300 calf raises 100 crunches 100 leg lifts and an hour or so of walking/jogging /day will do a whole lot, 
of course you wouldn't do this all at once, say 50 squats 4 times a day etc. just spread it across your whole day, it will super boost your metabolism. starting off it might be smarter to do a very small amount, its actually not a good thing if you are way too sore the next day. even if its like 40 squats and 20 push ups etc. / day eventually you will build up to higher numbers.

I've never paid for a gym membership in my entire life. Work has a gym. I have equipment at home. Also, a sibling of mine has a nice gym at his place too. I do enjoy exercising outside when the weather is nice. It's nice to get some fresh air. I think workout videos are handy, but they do get repetitive and boring. I do incorporate them into my workout routine to mix it up a bit. The only one I have used would be P90X. I'm going to try Insanity in the summer just for fun. =]

Guest linnhhh

@ajlee613‌ yeah I think if I would to do that plan, I would start out small because I have only been doing videos! I'll definitely show one of my friends what you just put, she would love that,!

@jennibear01‌ insanity is fun, you're going to like it !. It was intense for me, but I did it with a friend, which was super motivating!!! I haven't done p90x, but I'm more a routine, repetitive person, so videos work for me. :) Let me know how insanity works out for you. !!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest itrayya

no excuses.
i finished Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shredd and her Ripped in 30 in my house.
and i have a treadmill. and i walk around the block.
you can do bicycle while you watch tv.

Guest nobody knows

ahh ~
I've been working out at the gym at school, but spring break is next week and the gym is closed for the entire week .. however I will still be at school everyday :/

I'm hoping I can at least use the gymnasium, otherwise I'll assume no one will really be at uni during spring break and just do something in the hallways so this thread will be useful ~

Guest motherducker

It's a bit difficult for me to work out at home because of laziness and lack of motivation. It's like, why work out when there are cookies just 10 feet away from you?

I'd probably be motivated more if my treadmill was situated in front of a tv, but sadly, it is in the basment where my view is of of the water heater.

How do you guys get the motivation to work out?

Motivation? Depends what you're aiming for. I mean if you think it's difficult to work out at home because your lazy, I can't see it being that important to you.

Common motivation is... Keeping fit, healthy, nice appearance, stronger, increase stamina, so many different motivation.

Music helps a lot, some people like to work out with partners etc.

But the important thing is, how important is it for you to keep or get fit/stronger etc.

Guest linnhhh

@suju_lovee What keeps me motivated is how much I enjoy exercising, I move all my couches and exercise in the middle of my living room :) You can totally do it, you just have to be consistent. I see what you're saying about cookies! Luckily there's a wall and I cant see my kitchen , hehe

Guest johndoctor

Exercise at home is the best option. Whenever you free do this Exercise. Do different types of exercise like as a Jogging, Running, Cardio, Aerobic, Pole dancing, dips, push-ups etc. For Long Working hour people do this exercise easily and comfortable zone. 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest brucel

There are tons of exercises one can do at home to stay active and healthy like step exercises, jumping rope, walking, jogging in place, jumping jacks, push ups, crunches, leg lifts, dancing, yoga, stretching.

Guest mitty

I have only started exercising at home recently. I have only been doing simple stretches for now. I am searching for a dance workout though but had no luck so far! >.<" I found this one, but the instructor lost me during the Warm Up section (T_T) I think it was like 6th or 7th step in. 
It is called Pump It Up (Maybe someone else will find this helpful): 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest zipzap23

ajlee613 said: i think you can do more with push ups, squats, crunches, leg lifts, calf raises, and a brisk walk around the neighborhood than most people accomplish at the gym.
200 squats 100 push ups 300 calf raises 100 crunches 100 leg lifts and an hour or so of walking/jogging /day will do a whole lot, 
of course you wouldn't do this all at once, say 50 squats 4 times a day etc. just spread it across your whole day, it will super boost your metabolism. starting off it might be smarter to do a very small amount, its actually not a good thing if you are way too sore the next day. even if its like 40 squats and 20 push ups etc. / day eventually you will build up to higher numbers.

• 2 months later...
Guest dwig12

There is having several ways to exercise at home, by applying these you can lose you weight and you will become fit. You must follow the tips it can be:-Walking regularlyJumping JacksPushupsLeg liftsCrunchesSquats Light weight liftingDancing The above are best exercise that one can do in home. 

• 2 weeks later...

zipzap23 said: ajlee613 said: i think you can do more with push ups, squats, crunches, leg lifts, calf raises, and a brisk walk around the neighborhood than most people accomplish at the gym.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest michaelreed

Some simple and best way to workout at home are you can for the morning walk, you can adopt the steps of aerobics, do yoga.Do all the work of home with energy, you can also do the crunches, lifts, dancing and jumping jacks can be done in home to make your body fit. 

• 2 months later...

Archived