Ahh, a quick rant/Question/Hating on myself? Advice would be beautiful.

faithisbored

Guest nana544

You could post up videos of you singing on youtube. Build your image from there.
Getting over stage freight takes time, and it's common in many people.
So, you want to sing and live in Korea? Also, you may want to try singing in front of others on the street.
Have a street performance to get comfortable. If you believe you can do it, then your dream can come true.
Keep your spirit positive, and it will lead you somewhere. Have faith and believe in yourself.

Guest heeyo

There are some times when I also want to give up on everything that I tries because I feel like everything that I will do will fail. 
But you need to believe in yourself because there is a time when everyone can shine at least once ^^ 
Try maybe to make some relaxation to make your stress go away befre an audition. Keep smiling even if you do a mistake, because it's human. Everyone already made mistakes in their lives. 
You made it to the second round, that's already very good!! 
You can make it as long as you keep faith and do not give up ;)

Guest taija

For stage fright I've found that meditating the morning of the event helps. Get there early and become familiar with your surroundings. If possible talk to some audience members before the event, seeing familiar and friendly faces in the audience will calm your nerves.

The judges are your friends, they aren't there to put you down but offer advice on improving so imagine them being your favourite teachers from earlier years.

I'd say grab a good mic, a good recording space and a dslr camera and record yourself singing on youtubeI know a handful of amazing and talented singers that started their singing career off of youtube, (Christina Grimmie, Dpryde and even Justin Bieber)After building up the confidence and amassing an online fan base, I'd recommend trying to audition again 
If you decide to take the youtube path, I'd recommend taking these tips when recording and also recording the audio and video source separate then joining them together afterwardsGood luck!!

Thank you everyone, you're all so kind. Haha.I'm actually going to go to Korea in September to go auditioning and stuff - so I'm a bit nervous, and a few days ago I won a spot to sing to Kevin from ukiss and crashed and burned. T.TSo I was a tad.... bit.... horrified in myself, haha. T.T 

• 1 month later...
Guest kpopismylifexx

Just trick yourself into thinking that your 100% confident, it usually does the trick.Also which episode are you on? Just curious

It is natural to be afraid and nervous, especially singing.
But...don't let one thing get into your way...especially for your dreams.
And most definitely, don't get all butt-hurt and mad at yourself for forgetting lyrics.
We always tend to yell at ourselves when we screw up...but use that mistake to make you stronger.
Hope everything goes well. Good luck :)

Guest HERMIT

Oh my god, at least you're trying and getting the experience. Just keep at it and believe that hopefully you get there. Maybe you make it or maybe you don't. But in the end you'll probably realize that the most enriching part is not so much the destination but rather the journey. But I get what you mean about not being able to deal with Korean judges. I could never deal with them either, so I was lucky to be represented by decent lawyers each time.

Guest ShelleyA

Of course you can! You passed the first round because they saw something in you:) It's okay to be nervous since it is your dream your chasing after. Just sing your heart out and show them that you really want to make it ^-^

Archived