How do you remember to drink enough water?

Guest Fisheyy

Guest Fisheyy

I have an incredibly bad habit of not drinking enough water. I just get distracted by things I'm doing and I forget to drink water sometimes! Any advice? :(

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sanjoniji

Drink water with every meal! That's the easiest way to remember. Anytime you eat, grab a bottle of water, or pour a glass, and drink the whole thing (or if it's just a snack, half maybe). BUT, this also means cutting out your other beverages, which is for the best, but I understand it's hard. If you get tired of the flavourless-ness, try the packets or MIO, which add some flavour. Or, drink green tea/other various teas.

Guest nana544

I heard that drinking water in the morning is supposbly good for your intestine/stomach. Also, alternate with other soft drink with water only.

Guest zer0mg

I agree with sanjoniji--drink water with every meal! I almost never drink anything else because juice and soda tend to be too sugary, and I'm not a fan of coffee and tea. Keep a bottle of water in the fridge all the time, so it stays cool, and make it your goal to finish that bottle each day. Also, when you go out, bring a bottle of water with you.

anytime i eat something whether it be candy fruit meals or when i drink soda/ juice- i always always drink water after I consume something no matter what...unless water is not available. Just because I hate when sugars and junk are on my teeeth.
also when im thirsty i dont want to drink anything but water lol

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kinein

Fisheyy said: I have an incredibly bad habit of not drinking enough water. I just get distracted by things I'm doing and I forget to drink water sometimes! Any advice? :( Larger water containers! You can buy one of these at a 99cent or dollar store for ... a dollar o.O  standard size is 25oz fairly large. drink it 5x and your like 3 ounces away from a gallon! o.Oanchor-hocking-90272-champion-25-oz-beer

This is my only daily glass i use for water. 

Guest kinein

http://www.amazon.com/Nalgene-Tritan-1-Quart-BPA-Free-Bottle/dp/B001NCDE9I
Or get one of these or a few of these, 4 water servings = a gallon. especially if you go to school, having 2 of these will make sure you are halfway there. the rest of the water you can do before and after school. 
Just identify periods that you'll always drink mandatory water. 
Good times are :
Meal PeriodsWakingSleepingWhen your working out
The rest you can just schedule it on your cellphone alarm - and always have water handy whenever possible. Don't be shy.
1-2 gallons a day is pretty good water-habits.
oh or this
http://www.lifeionizers.com/products/new-life-eco-bottles/ecb-2liter.html?gclid=CJbS-a6qnrkCFUfZQgodklYAtA

2x of this will get you easily over 1 gallon 
I have the same product without the branding, guess they dont hold the patent on it or whatever but its the same exact bottle.
If you have to choose go with stainless steel or bpa free 
Oh and set water alarms for periods in between! I know i already said that - but it takes 3 weeks to build a new habit!

Guest Researchpapers Tobuy

Fisheyy said: I have an incredibly bad habit of not drinking enough water. I just get distracted by things I'm doing and I forget to drink water sometimes! Any advice? :(

daisylove said: Actually,I also always forget drink water,sometimes I am even not drink a cup of water in a whole day,it is really terrible I know. :(( Dehydration leads to your brain shrinking 1-2% which impairs mental function.. o.O Healthy body = healthy mind. Drink your water missy.

Yomi said: I am still struggling to drink enough water... I try to drink a big cup of water in the morning anyway and then drink 1-2 for each meal. Pat yourself on the back your doing great!

Always keep water around you... like in my room i have bottles of water everywhere and in my car have bottles around me and at work just surround yourself with water

Guest soupforyou

i like eating fruit, so i eat a lot of watermelon they're usually on sale too. I hang around with my friends a lot, so theyre my reminder :)

Guest Tracey X

I'm the worst at drinking water. I'll go days without drinking water and drink milk or sugar drinks only. Then there're those times where I feel like I don't drink enough water and end up drinking like gallons (not even exaggerating) of water and then end up using the bathroom like crazy.

Guest Researchpapers Tobuy

Fisheyy said: I have an incredibly bad habit of not drinking enough water. I just get distracted by things I'm doing and I forget to drink water sometimes! Any advice? :(

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cadyatmws

I suggest getting a bottle with straw. It helps you drink up water fast. Easy & convenient as well.

I've up my intake of 1 liter per day to 4 liters now! :)

Archived