Be honest girls...Would you date a bald/balding guy?

Guest ryohazuki

Guest ryohazuki

We all know hairstyles are so important for Asians, especially men with our styled hair and fringes. But what if your not so lucky and male pattern baldness starts to kick in? 
I can think of countless bald/balding caucasian celebrities but I can literally think of no Asian celebrities who are bald/balding and are still popular..
So girls be honest, would you date a bald/balding guy? Or is hair a must? Let's say we're talking about people aged 20+

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nana544

Similar to Jenni, I wouldn't just simply dump a guy because he's starting to lose his hair; that's cruel and I'm not shallow like that. Looks is not everything, and I care most about a person's heart than their looks.

Guest ikweli

i think every girl's answer would be the same here- that they wouldnt just dump their bf because hes getting bald in the middle of the relationship.
to make this more interesting you should probably ask "would you ever date a bald guy".

Guest brokenmachine

I have never met a bald asian guy (as a hairstyle not due to hair loss)...maybe it's something to do with the facial features so asians can't really pull off this look.
On the other hand the caucasian guys I have met who are bald have awesome personalities, usually super funny, wouldn't mind dating someone like that. 

Guest ryohazuki

ikweli said:  i think every girl's answer would be the same here- that they wouldnt just dump their bf because hes getting bald in the middle of the relationship.
to make this more interesting you should probably ask "what you ever date a bald guy".

Guest ikweli

ryohazuki said: ikweli said:  i think every girl's answer would be the same here- that they wouldnt just dump their bf because hes getting bald in the middle of the relationship.
to make this more interesting you should probably ask "what you ever date a bald guy".

Guest mwahai

My boyfriend revealed to me that he has thinning hair (he's only 21, but it started when he was 16) around 4 months into our relationship. He has some self esteem issues about it, and never told anyone about his condition besides me . When he told me, I could tell he was really embarrassed and afraid that I would think of him less or love him less because of it. He even told me, "Babe you know that on our wedding day that I would probably be bald right?" and told me I could tell him the truth if I thought it was a negative trait about him. I realized at that moment that something so trivial (at least to me) like thinning hair meant nothing to me, and that I truly love this man because it wasn't a problem for me at all. And that all I could do is to support him, since I know it's a big embarrassment for him to go through this at such a young age.
When you love someone you'll learn that things that are so superficial (like looks) won't matter in the end.

mwahai said: My boyfriend revealed to me that he has thinning hair (he's only 21, but it started when he was 16) around 4 months into our relationship. He has some self esteem issues about it, and never told anyone about his condition besides me . When he told me, I could tell he was really embarrassed and afraid that I would think of him less or love him less because of it. He even told me, "Babe you know that on our wedding day that I would probably be bald right?" and told me I could tell him the truth if I thought it was a negative trait about him. I realized at that moment that something so trivial (at least to me) like thinning hair meant nothing to me, and that I truly love this man because it wasn't a problem for me at all. And that all I could do is to support him, since I know it's a big embarrassment for him to go through this at such a young age.
When you love someone you'll learn that things that are so superficial (like looks) won't matter in the end.

Guest HERMIT

I think if I were balding, I'd just shave it all off, and try to get into great shape. In my opinion, athletic/fit bald guys can rock the bald look really well. As AJLee mentioned, they even look something like action heros to me at times haha. 

Guest yora

I'd rather date a guy with no hair than a guy who's hair is like a mess. *ahem* *ahem* typical *ahem* asian hair *ahem*

Guest hyobutts

Gosh...I just don't think I could date a balding man.  I like to play with hair too much!  Plus, I think guys like it when you run your fingers through their hair...and I want to be able to do that for them.  Meh. :)

Guest I_play_with_dolls

Yeah. There's this teacher that works at my old high school who I had a "student crush" on for like two years and he's balding, bad. He's not even really that good looking but when I graduated I was all like, "Ahhh yeah I'mma holla at you."It's safe to say though he doesn't want my number. :c

Guest ZoidbergMD

only if he doesn't mind me pulling out the odd bald joke every now and again.

I pick on people's weaknesses, I'm a terrible person I know.

Archived