why do guys move on so quickly?!

Guest chippy16

Guest chippy16

long story short - broke up with my bf of 2+ years and 10 days later i find out he has a new gf. we didn't break up because we stopped loving each other, more because we weren't happy anymore. this has happened to me and some of my friends before.
so many questions to ask:why?!do you guys think that he actually does like her or is it a rebound?would you start a relationship with someone if you knew they were very very recently out of a long term relationship?have you guys (and girls) moved on this quickly and did you find it successful or a stupid decision?ahhh it is doing my head in!
any words of encouragement for me are also greatly appreciated hahax

Guest jammer25

If I had to guess, I would say he "checked out" of your relationship and reconciled his emotions before you two broke up. Maybe then he found it easier to get back on the market so to speak, since he already processed the breakup in his mind.

Why think about it so much though? It'll only make the breakup stick with you longer if his dating/love life is on your mind to this extent. He's not your boyfriend now.

Guest kittencuddler

It's not just guys that do that. THe same thing happened with my good friend, except she was the one dating another dude a few days after the breakup. She had stopped being into the relationship months prior and had tried to discuss it with her bf, but he just kept wanting to try more because he loved her. It was quite sad really, but oh well. 
Also, reeeeboouuunddd. She's probably just a rebound.

chippy16 said: long story short - broke up with my bf of 2+ years and 10 days later i find out he has a new gf. we didn't break up because we stopped loving each other, more because we weren't happy anymore. this has happened to me and some of my friends before.

Guest flyhighbich

gotta generalize here..I'm pretty sure girls do that quicker........b/c i feel that girls feel a lot more lonely and need someone to comfort them especially when they are vulnerable
i've just seen so many alpha girls w/ 5+ years w/ their prince charming but after breaking up they find a new guy in less than a month and def not prince charming but a down grade...seen it so many times.....I think guys get more hurt but just use other girls for sex just to cope w/ the void i unno what I'm talking about ne more LOL, then again girls and guys bodies are made differently..and age is a big factor......girls 21+ def take relationships more seriously

Guest Kerriganton

Is moving on quickly considered bad in your guy's opinion?
I would think it would be good because a person is not wasting time.

Guest hearthealer

Maybe he wasn't happy because he didn't love you? Maybe she's just a rebound? Maybe he had liked her for a while and things started falling quickly into place? Could be any of those...
SO and his ex broke up 2-3 days before he and I got together, and it's been 2+ yrs, for us things just fell into place and it was either now or never.....she might not be his rebound, she might...only time will tell...besides he's your ex, what he does now really shouldn't worry you :P

Guest chippy16

thanks for your responses everyone.even though at first i felt some were harsh in the end i think i needed to hear it!

Guest Mentor

chippy16 said: long story short - broke up with my bf of 2+ years and 10 days later i find out he has a new gf. we didn't break up because we stopped loving each other, more because we weren't happy anymore. this has happened to me and some of my friends before.
so many questions to ask:

why?!

You've just said it. You weren't in love anymore.

do you guys think that he actually does like her or is it a rebound?

Why does it matter? You are through with him.

would you start a relationship with someone if you knew they were very very recently out of a long term relationship?

Sure, just because you weren't compatible with him doesn't mean I'm not.

have you guys (and girls) moved on this quickly and did you find it successful or a stupid decision?ahhh it is doing my head in!

If I had reason to , of course.

some people are the type of person who can't stand being alone even for a little while. 
this is mainly due to major insecurity. 
you can look at this situation in two ways. 
his new gf is either someone who is (a) on the rebound or (B) someone who he wanted for a while but he couldn't have bc he was taken at the moment.
regardless, i know you are hurt. but remember life is short. try your best to forget and move on.  be strong my friend! 
hwaiting~~!! 
you can't love anyone if you cant love yourself. 

Guest TheJVS

Some possibilities:
1. Just because someone is dating another person doesn't mean they've "moved on" emotionally. It's possible that he is dating quickly to help himself move on from his previous relationship. People say that you will never truly forget your ex until you find a "replacement".
2. If he haven't stopped "loving" you as a woman he would've never let you go. (Unless you guys agreed on a temporary breakup/separation) I believe that if you loved someone and they loved you back, you guys will ALWAYS try to protect your love for each other and/or relationship.
3. Breaking up to be with another woman? 

I wouldn't think its a stupid or successful decision... they have decided to remove themselves from you to be free to do whatever they want. It's up to you want to start judging them just because they seem to have show signs of "moving on". And you shouldn't spend so much time trying to figure this out, aren't you suppose to be moving on as well? If you aren't happy with him, you both deserve better. Many fishies in the seaaaaaaa~

so many questions to ask:why?!do you guys think that he actually does like her or is it a rebound?would you start a relationship with someone if you knew they were very very recently out of a long term relationship?have you guys (and girls) moved on this quickly and did you find it successful or a stupid decision?ahhh it is doing my head in!

I think the reason why girls tend to move on a lot quicker than guys is because guys actually fall in love with the girl but girls fall in love with what that guy represents for her.. safety security comfort.. so if another guy offers that to her its easy to move on.

Guest nana544

There could be a million questions and reasons, but now that he is moving on, you should be strong and move on too.

Guest I_play_with_dolls

Some people are able to cope and move on faster than others, that's just how it is. I finally got over my year relationship break up yesterday and it took me a whole month while it took my ex less than a week. People are just different and honestly I think it is better to be one of those people who can get over it fast, it doesn't mean they didn't hold any value to the relationship but they're better at moving on. Hurting for a long period of time sucks, hell, hurting sucks in general. 

Guest dolcedor.

If it's a longtime friend, they might have been harboring feelings for each other well before the break up. That's how my boyfriend and I got together. He was in a relationship--albeit a bad one,--I had feelings for him, I let him know, he reciprocated, he broke up with his then-girlfriend, and we started dating right away. Been together for a year and still going strong. Granted, this scenario is much less likely if it's someone he just met. In that case, there's a good chance it's a rebound.

In any case, you should try not to dwell on it. It sounds like you're upset because he was able to move on so quickly. But thing is, you're not with him anymore, and his love life is no longer your business.

Guest moo_lah

I think you're generalising guys here. Girls can be the same. Take me for example. My boyfriend of a year and a half and I broke up 5 days ago. I cried for about 5 mins then got over it and went on my merry way. People just cope differently.

Just don't worry about it. You guys aren't together anymore, it's none of your business. Just do whatever you can to keep your mind off of it and everything will turn out fine.

Archived