Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More Controversies Surround "The Best Lee Soon Shin" | Soompi

SystemSystem Posts: 44,648

ADMIN

imageMore Controversies Surround "The Best Lee Soon Shin" | Soompi

Despite having high ratings for its pilot episode and despite having explained the controversy around the name "Lee Soon Shin," the drama, "The Best Lee So

Read the full story here

·

Replies

• calculatorcalculator Posts: 1,567Member

SUPERSTAR

just leave the name alone...

·
  • uknowahahuknowahah Greatest Bastard SingaporePosts: 854Member

SUPERSTAR

Actually, common names like Richard, David, Edward, etc.. are the names of kings in the past. It's no big deal.
    Favorite Noonas of all time: Lee Bo Young Han Ji Min Ha Ji Won Han Hyo Joo Son Ye Jin Lee Yo Won Gianna Jun Ku Hye Sun Lee Hana
    Favorite Dong Saeng of all time: Nam Ji-Hyun (Actress)
    Favorite out-of-Korean Noonas: Liu Yi Fei Pets Tseng
    Watching: What Happens to My Family, Unkind Women             Sometimes, you have to walk away from what you loved, in order to learn how to love it again.
    ctort
    ·
  • ad_faad_fa Posts: 2,032Member

SUPERSTAR

name of character always become controversy issues in kdrama..
    http://zafirahoney.blogspot.com/2013/02/iu-in-best-lee-soon-shin.html

·
  • ctortctort Posts: 317Member, New Member

IDOL

People..just sit and watch the drama. This is modern drama. Even the review do not state that it is based on true story or so whatever.
    If you are over concern, just watch documentary @ NATGEO.
    ·
  • ctortctort Posts: 317Member, New Member

IDOL

Not all Dianas had Prince Charles as husband and Princes Willian +Harry as children
    ·
  • angelangieangelangie PhoenixAngel Posts: 11,208Moderator

sigh....netizens should just learn to enjoy the shows and not link nothing to everything ...........
    Pls do not quote images/videos & make sure you are not violating the signature rules.
    ·
  • milo kenmilo ken Posts: 882Member

IDOL

childish polemicsWR4wkC
    ·
  • coolquezoncoolquezon Posts: 63Member
    edited March 2013
    Note to future parents: do not name your child soon shin if your surname is lee..they will have a big shoes to fill.
    ·
  • prismaprisma Posts: 499Member

IDOL

edited March 2013
    Lee Soon Shin is a heroine in this drama, just like her namesake, who's a hero in real life.

·
  • bbuntilwheneverbbuntilwhenever New ZealandPosts: 2New Member
    angelangie wrote: »
    sigh....netizens should just learn to enjoy the shows and not link nothing to everything ...........

Exactly.. it's not as if the drama meant to be disrespectful, anyway. Just relax and enjoy.
    image  image   Lee Joon OMG
    ·
  • SuNshin3SuNshin3 Posts: 103Member
    Poor Girl cannot catch a break. :(
    ·
  • jkytamjkytam Posts: 219Member

IDOL

I guess the name shouldn't be the same as the respectful general to begin with. It simply backfires.
    ·
  • i.intyasi.intyas JisubnimLove IndonesiaPosts: 800Member

IDOL

i think i understand why people are so annoyed by the interview scene. The interviewer and the rest of the people in the room acted as if having the same name with a real hero was somewhat funny. Usually people will say "wow, you have the same name with a hero? your parents must be really admiring him/her" or "wow, what a great name to have" or even "you must be very burdened by your name" instead of laughing at the person, especially if the hero was really well-respected in the country. that is a lame sense of humor, i'll say.
    Please kindly read the signature rules.

zeLsshi
    ·
  • jeisha12jeisha12 AsiaPosts: 888Member

IDOL

i guess. They don't know what DRAMA is.
    and it says " Lee Soon Shin trying to overcome the harsh coldness of her surroundings.”
    ·
  • iheartyou1518iheartyou1518 Posts: 2,554Member

LEGEND

fighting YTBLSS cast and crew! :)

>‿‿◕ cutie Yeon Soo(Potato Star) sexy Ha-Neul(The Heirs) songstress Ji Eun(aka IU) versatile Geun Young(GoF Jung Yi >‿‿◕

my 2013 kdrama playlist 

watched dramas: Can we get married?, That winter the wind blows, Monstar, I hear your voice, You're the best Lee Soon Shin, Master's Sun

currently watching: Goddess of Fire Jungyi ~ The Good doctor ~ After School Bokbulbok

redsonchase
    ·
  • bene2201bene2201 FrancePosts: 12Member
    I really liked the drama, it's their loss if they want to critisize...
    redsonchase
    ·
  • redsonchaseredsonchase SE AsiaPosts: 11Member
    jeisha12 wrote: »
    i guess. They don't know what DRAMA is.
    and it says " Lee Soon Shin trying to overcome the harsh coldness of her surroundings.”

Yes, this is just a drama. We often hear dramas are not the same with real life. Man-up people!

I need drama in my life to keep making music.

~Eminem ~

·