Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

9-Year-Old Girl Gives Birth To Baby Girl

superhumanchichisuperhumanchichi Chichi~liciousNew YorkPosts: 2,427Moderator

edited February 2013 in current events

A 9-year-old girl in Mexico has reportedly given birth.

The girl, identified as "Dafne" by The Telegraph, reportedly delivered a 5.7 pound baby by cesarean section on Jan. 27 in Zoquipan Hospital in Jalisco, an area in western Mexico.

The girl was 8 years old when she became pregnant.

"The father is a boy who is 17, but we have not found him, since he ran away," the mother of the girl told officials, according to the Agence France-Presse.

Due to her young age, we don’t know if she is being entirely truthful,” Lino Ginzalez Corona, spokesperson at Jalisco State Prosecutor’s Office, said in a press conference, ABC reports.

The new mother is one of 11 children, according to ABC, and her parents were unable to watch her while they worked. Corona added that authorities are “still open to the possibility of rape or child sex abuse.”

There have been only a handful of recent reported births among children this young, including a 10-year-old Colombian girl who gave birth last year, and a 9-year-old Chinese girl who gave birth to a healthy baby boy in 2010.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/06/dafne-9-year-old-girl-gives-birth-mexico-baby-girl_n_2632631.html?utm_hp_ref=world&icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl3|sec1_lnk3&pLid=267009

Diamond Stardust  
·

Replies

• HERMITHERMIT Posts: 10,642Friend of Soompi

EXALTED ONE

That's just mind-blowing.  That's like saying if I had fathered a child at her same age, my kid would be 35 right now.

·
  • Boomx2BrianBoomx2Brian Posts: 2,515Member

IDOL

Meh. Not that much younger than the average age of pregnancy for mexicans right? lol. j/k j/k
    ·
  • nana544nana544 Posts: 10,367Member

SUPERSTAR

"“Due to her young age, we don’t know if she is being entirely truthful,” Lino Ginzalez Corona, spokesperson at Jalisco State Prosecutor’s Office, said in a press conference, ABC reports."

The person saying this is so ignorant! Believe it or not, some kids tends to tell the truth. This, it sounds like a case of rape to me. Hope the boy will get caught.

·
  • MusoMuso The Master Of All Pokemon! USAPosts: 2,762Member

SUPERSTAR

Sad to say it, but I'm not surprised.
    ·
  • NPB-XKNPB-XK Thread Hijacker Area-Sexy-One - MontrPosts: 5,222Member

SUPERSTAR

edited February 2013

"The father is a boy who is 17, but we have not found him, since he ran away," the mother of the girl told officials, according to the Agence France-Presse.

So she even knows all the way to the fact that the boy is exactly 17? She must have more than just age to describe the boy, c'mon. Isn't it the police job to find him though? "We have not found him"... lol... How does that work? "We'll find him and let you know, police, just sit tight".
    I don't know how it works in Mexico.
    To me it sounds more like as if the mother isn't that shocked... "Oh he ran away... faaaack... back to work."
    Quebecker image Style
    superhumanchichi
    ·
  • neofionaneofiona Posts: 54Member

ROOKIE

so a girl at eight nowadays is physically mature enough to bear a child?!
    ·
  • fallentenshifallentenshi MelbournePosts: 794Member

IDOL

Can a 8 years old even to get pregenant in the first place? Is that possible?

·
  • superhumanchichisuperhumanchichi Chichi~licious New YorkPosts: 2,427Moderator

Can a 8 years old even to get pregenant in the first place? Is that possible?

I reached menarche at age 9, but I'm sure that there are girls that hit puberty much earlier. I once read a case about a 5 year old that got pregnant: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lina_Medina
    Diamond Stardust  
    ·
  • asukaxDasukaxD YOUR STALKER! <3 lalaland~ xDPosts: 2,172Member
    Are girls getting their period earlier these days or what? Poor kid if especially if she was sexually abused... 
    ·
  • ErnieErnie Posts: 1,346Member

IDOL

edited February 2013
    I don't know if I should be getting into details but it's possible to get pregnant depending on the female body's maturity. (if you know what I mean)
    (P'.')-o *wham*   *bham* Q('.'Q)
    ·
  • EclecticEclectic lvl 1 red mage limboPosts: 2,213Member

SUPERSTAR

edited February 2013
    Babies having babies; that's the world we live in today. 
    “Idealism is what precedes experience. Cynicism is what follows.”
    ·
  • MannosukeMannosuke Posts: 12,760Member

SUPERSTAR

edited February 2013
    Can't judge him. I mean, he's a lolicon; he's got his own fetishes. I'm not a lolicon so I don't understand what goes through his mind, but it's probably akin to a straight man seeing a naked women. It would be ignorant of me to judge others for their fetishes.
    ·
  • _unnie_24__unnie_24_ ?KHJ & SS501? Posts: 776Member
    Sad knowing little kiddies are manipulated so easily.
    khjbanner4-1-1.jpgss501banner22-1-2.jpg
    ·
  • oooroosayoooroosay Posts: 1,659Member

IDOL

this is so sad.....

she should have waited at least 9 more years =[ 
    Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die
    ·
  • skipturninrainskipturninrain Posts: 70Member
    edited February 2013
    "The father is a boy who is 17, but we have not found him, since he ran away," the mother of the girl told officials, according to the Agence France-Presse.Due to her young age, we don’t know if she is being entirely truthful,” Lino Ginzalez Corona, spokesperson at Jalisco State Prosecutor’s Office, said in a press conference, ABC reports."

Update: The girl has between 12-13 years old and not 9 like the mother said, also the father of the baby is the girl's stepfather and not a 17 yr old. The stepfather has been arrested and condemned 12-20 yrs in jail. Also the mother didn't even realized the girl was going to give birth until before she gave birth.source (in spanish): http://es.noticias.yahoo.com/padrastro-niña-que-dio-luz-en-méxico-es-234914913.html
    article in english: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2278432/Mexican-police-confirm-9-year-old-girl-gave-birth-STEPFATHERS-child-really-12-13-years.html
    Please kindly read the signature rules.
    superhumanchichi
    ·

SUPERSTAR

edited February 2013
    Um so why did the mother say she was 9? Trying to get some fame while she's at it? Pffft.
    ·
  • tikimikitikimiki Posts: 509Member

IDOL

edited February 2013
    skipturninrain said:Update: The girl has between 12-13 years old and not 9 like the mother said, also the father of the baby is the girl's stepfather and not a 17 yr old. The stepfather has been arrested and condemned 12-20 yrs in jail. Also the mother didn't even realized the girl was going to give birth until before she gave birth.source (in spanish): http://es.noticias.yahoo.com/padrastro-niña-que-dio-luz-en-méxico-es-234914913.html
    article in english: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2278432/Mexican-police-confirm-9-year-old-girl-gave-birth-STEPFATHERS-child-really-12-13-years.html

Wow, that is so disgusting and sad. Her mom was too busy with her life to even take care of her children, or even notice that one of her children is pregnant. I bet she didn't even know her daughter's age, which may be why she said he
    r daughter was 9 instead of 12-13. 

Article: "Another more sinister reason could have been if, as has been claimed by neighbours, the mother is a prostitute who is trying to turn Dafne into a sex worker too, a nine-year-old could command a higher fee from clients than a teenager" -> If that's true, then the world is completely messed up. It's bad enough that there are 9 year old prostitutes for sick pedophiles, but to have your own MOTHER forcing you to do it? That poor girl. If this is true, I hope the police puts the mom behind bars as well.

If that sick pedophile step-father got his step daughter pregnant, think about what he could have done to her other 10 siblings. 
    superhumanchichi
    ·
  • prechuz_aznprechuz_azn Posts: 3,043Member

IDOL

What the hell? 

Some people should just not have children. Just stop overpopulating the world with your stupid and careless minds. For real. 

Also, there is something seriously wrong with the water in that country or something else when girls are reaching menarche at earlier than 12. Just what? 

Also, this just confirms my fear of ever having a "stepfather" figure to my future child. Its soooo often that stepfathers display their sick
    sinister colors around their spouse's children. Just ew.
    credits to serenityx3 
    ·

SUPERSTAR

Why do inmates have to do the dirty work?
    Eclectic
    ·