Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to live like a celebrity?

Jenny NoJenny No Washington DCPosts: 195Member

IDOL

edited February 2013 in members 411

Name: Jenny No
Height: 5'5
Weight: 105lbs
Blog: http://nojennyno.blogspot.com

Live: DC and elsewhere around the world
Work: I quit my job. Now I am a professional vacationer.
Activities: jetset, fitness, model, blog, networking, tripping over heels
Hobbies: spa, shopping, parties, crazy outfits, poking other girls' boobs, meeting celebrities and pretending like I don't know who they are.

Hi. I'm Jenny and I think I have an interesting life worth sharing. Maybe you can do what I did and make your own adventure.

Ah, where to begin... well I began as your average introverted Korean girl. I was born in Korea, came to US when I was 10, and my parents still speak to me in Korean. 
I went to church, hung out with mostly Koreans, played Starcraft&WOW, got good grades, did well in SATs, went to a private art college, got myself an office job... You know. Typical.

But that was just on the outside.

On the inside, I was itching to get out and explore the world. I was extremely vain and self focused. I loved attention. I was determined.

With that mindset, I quit my job of two years and ventured out to experience everything the world has to offer. My story isn't close to complete yet, but every day is an adventure. (previous parties)

Currently I am traveling all over the world with the man that ended my 2-year single streak. He is like a real life "Korean Drama male heartthrob" - ambitious, smart, successful, kind, funny and best of all... hopelessly in love with me,(a random love story) telling me he loves me every time we wake up next to each other.

We met by chance at a club in Vegas - my last night and his first night out - and met again in Cannes, France. He asked me to extend my stay and took me on a 3 day date to Milan, Italy. He ignored all outside communication in order to focus on impressing me with the best spa, restaurants... we became more than friends after that.

He asked me to remain unemployed in order to travel with him. It was a risky decision but I eventually complied and loving it so far.

To give you an example these past 2 months I was in:
Korea, Cannes, San Remo, Milan, Bangkok, Pattaya, Hongkong, Macau, Kiev, Prague, Paris and now sunning away in Bahamas with celebrities like Michael Phelps & Boris Becker.

I will update if anyone is interested in hearing more. My one advice is this:
As a fellow Korean/Asian, I know that we are reluctant to changes and stepping outside of our boundaries. But if you want a life worth looking back on, get out there and assert yourself to new opportunities. Socialize, be open-minded, take risks. Try everything once, you might not regret it.

**You can click on the links posted that directs to the details on my blog. Not trying to advertise but just that there are a lot of stories and didn't want this to be an essay of a post
Always on the go, no regrets.
Currently jetsetting off to a different country every week.
My adventures in heels:http://nojennyno.blogspot.com
Dollicdancerluv6

Replies

• Jenny NoJenny No Washington DCPosts: 195Member

IDOL

During my charity/networking days in DC I made friends with a guy who does music videos for a living. They shoot celebrities like 50 cent, interview for Lady Gaga, and they recently did the Cedric Gervais Molly video. They're just a bunch of silly guys; they just know their stuff when it comes to networking.
    I've always been invited to the sets, even just to hang out, but never participated until this weekend during their editorial video/photoshoot for a magazine.

Some girls are really serious about this. One of the girls I saw frequently actually competed along with me for the Miss MD USA title this year, she ended up winning the crown and you will see her on TV for Miss USA 2013 competition.
    As far as my qualification goes, I'm NOT a model, but over the years I've gained experience with photoshoots for fun. Originally I did it just to have cool FB profile photos, but it's been pretty useful and I've landed some jobs with the photos.

Some photos:

Behind the scene, video vixens?

Recap:
    http://nojennyno.blogspot.com/2013/01/models-bottles-in-dc.html
  • ra123ra123 orange county CAPosts: 2,375Member

IDOL

Meh must be nice to be a professional vacationer. Wish I had a rich bf ;* 
  • dolljjangdolljjang Posts: 128Member
    wueeh... I'm so jelly O___O~~~ must be super fun to have a BF like that.
    *:・’゚☆。.My Beauty Blog~♡♥♡
  • DollicDollic U.S.A.Posts: 247Member
    Your life seems like a real dream!
    My sister would love to be you, I bet!
    Instead she works at a hospital for over 12 hours and people yell at her a lot for things that aren't even her fault.

Anyway, how are you? You seem like such a lovely person! :)

Please kindly read the signature rules.

IDOL

Dollic said:
    Instead she works at a hospital for over 12 hours and people yell at her a lot for things that aren't even her fault.

Thanks! That sucks about your sister - is she a nurse? I read a few articles reporting medical/hospital fields as being one of the top under-appreciated careers.

IDOL

edited February 2013
    Perks of having an awesome bf - going to events equivalent to a minor red carpet event and meeting new people! Not sure why I love hectic social environments so much, even when I have 0 familiarity with the industry. Must be all the social deprivation from lonely flights/blogging.. :P

I can't really post actual photos but I can't help wanting to share my enthusiasm... sorrrrrrrrrry whoever that will be offended by this.

He was awarded as #1 player of the year!
    Ah so proud <3

Ummm... must crop everyone else out I guess, since they are more important/under contract.

• jzhang172jzhang172 Posts: 314Member

ROOKIE

So do you like Kpop? lol
    411   Facebook
    Blogger
  • hearthealerhearthealer Canucks CityPosts: 983Member

IDOL

edited February 2013
    @Jenny No 

Not sure if you know, but the photos from GPI are all posted and available online...I have a mild interest in poker and all it took was a quick google search :P

You look great btw :)
    Visit here for my minimally updated blog... T.T
    And join me on Twitter and Instagram :)

<3 Out of SUC but it's ok, keep reading the blog and much love and thanks for getting me to Round 2 <3
    Jenny No
  • heyjamheyjam Posts: 32Member
    Hi Jenny!  Cool post, I used to live in DC area but moved here to Germany.  Sounds fun getting to awesome events!  And Welcome to soompi :)
    Visit my cute travel blog: http://icosnap.com/
  • yoyo_icecubeyoyo_icecube 凡亲 ll 每个你 malaysiaPosts: 2,319Member

SUPERSTAR

wow.. i envy you^^ everyone wanna feel free like u but not everyone are lucky like you^^

Enjoy your trip~ ^^ 

ps: i wanna go to paris~~~
    currently watching : x-man ll coolkidz ll akbingo ll charmed season 3 ll tvd season 6 ll Dr. Frost ll Queen of SOP
    anticipating : reply series 3rd installment ll somewhere only we know ll hormones the series season 3 ll You're My Sunshine

IDOL

edited February 2013
    @Jenny No 

Not sure if you know, but the photos from GPI are all posted and available online...I have a mild interest in poker and all it took was a quick google search :P

You look great btw :)
    Ahhhhhh =X don't tell anyone I get in enough trouble as is! Well..... I just don't want him to find out about my little blurbs on this site lol, I'm too embarrassed to verbally tell him all the affectionate stuff I write.

SO I edited some of the original post to include less specific details about him ~_~

@heyjam Oh nice! I'm actually going to Berlin in April, hopefully it's warm there by that time :)

@yoyo_icecube To be honest, I think it's more fun if you take a trip once every few months and make it a rare occasion to actually enjoy the cityIt feels more special that way!! I think I spend more time at the airport and have taken 'tourist' photos maybe 2-3 times :(
  • DollicDollic U.S.A.Posts: 247Member
    Jenny No said:
    Dollic said:

Thanks! That sucks about your sister - is she a nurse? I read a few articles reporting medical/hospital fields as being one of the top under-appreciated careers.
    Yeah, she is.
    And I guess it is.
    People treat you like their slave. :(

Please kindly read the signature rules.

IDOL

Dollic said:
    Jenny No said:
    Dollic said:

Yeah, she is.
    And I guess it is.
    People treat you like their slave. :(
    That sucks...and you can't really do much about it because they are sick patients and families that are under lots of stress.
    Dollic

IDOL

edited February 2013
    Hey guys! I'm in Rio, Brazil right now escaping winter.
    Not many updates in the last week, I've had some personal issues and almost didn't make it to this trip. The weather & view is amazing here, but there are lots of downside such as language barrier (nobody speaks English) and friendly but spotty service. For example, it takes an hour to order a juice! And half the time it's the wrong kind. I mean, not trying to be a snob but... this happens every meal?

Anyway, here is the good side:

Spa was nice after 4 straight days of intense workout and almost a week with no sleep. Cure my insomnia!
    *I had a bikini on, for all you perverts....

My VIP access to the winner's parade for the infamous carnival

Pretty float! This goes on for hours, 4pm-4am.

CIAO!
    Dollic

IDOL

Hey guys,
    Just stopping by to update. Internet is kind of slow here!
    More Brazil stuff:

Sun is super strong here, I'm burnt all over my body.
    CIAO!
    Dollic