How much $$ do you typically set aside for clothes every month?

Guest chlorine

Guest chlorine

I was going to try and be good and limit myself to $50 a month but I already surpassed that and might have to increase that limit to $100. LOL. How much do you aim to spend every month if you could? Purpose of this would be to save money and to use up the clothes I already have in my closet... 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't set any money aside because I rarely find clothes that I actually like. (Also, I don't go shopping that often--maybe once every month or more?) If I do find something, then I typically spend less than $50 a purchase.

Guest sallyen

I set aside money for clothes and make-up and that's about $125 - more or less ;_; depending on my mood..But I am trying to limit myself since I have rent to pay and a bunch of other things and I don't have a job lol only school..

When I used to work in retail, I'd spend about $100-$150 a month on clothes. When I quit retail, my spending lowered to $50-$70 a month just because I'm not working in a mall and my new job has a uniform!

Yeah, working outside of a mall/being too lazy to drive to a mall or a clothing shop has seriously saved me from unnecessary spending on clothes! I've made use of clothes that I haven't worn in months. /proud

Guest chloesophie

I don't have a set budget for buying clothes and stuff..? I just buy whatever I like whenever I feel like it.. but I don't really have a problem with shopping and overspending. Why don't you try working with what you have?

I would normally buy clothes whenever there's sales on. But considering Australia, the prices here are overly expensive, plus rarely anything catches my eyes nowadays. 

Guest Tulip Love

In a 'good' month my clothing spend will be around $50 or less if nothing catches my eye, and then in a 'bargains galore' month I may spend around $100, but this doesn't happen often. 
Truthfully, it's my makeup/beauty spending that eats up most of my spending money T_T  

Guest chlorine

chloesophie said: I don't have a set budget for buying clothes and stuff..? I just buy whatever I like whenever I feel like it.. but I don't really have a problem with shopping and overspending. Why don't you try working with what you have?

I limit my purchases to seasonal sales so I usually don't spend more than $20/item unless it's a coat or shoes.  If it's something that I really like and fits perfectly then I'll buy it at full price.  If you're indecisive about something, hide it in the store, walk around the mall for a bit and if you really feel like you have to have it then buy it, or better yet buy it and keep the tags on and don't look at it for a week -- if you don't it as much as you initially did, then return it.

Guest kimmayyyy

I wish I could I even set aside money for clothes. I feel like doing that could potentially turn into something very dangerous for me...

i think setting a limit proooobably means you shouldn't increase the limit or go over the set limit--it is called a limit for a reason.

I usually spend all the money I have on clothes, accessories, or books. That's about $20 to $100 depending on how many times I go out in a month.

Guest hearthealer

I don't/have never set budgets for myself cause knowing me, i'll blow right through them and feel awful. I just weight each purchase "How much do i want this vs Price", and if i need more convincing then i take the price and divide it by how many times i will wear it before it goes out of season and i can usually justify my purchases like that. Helps that i only splurge on bags and coffee so i tend to have plenty leftover for clothes, and i don't buy upmarket clothes as a rule.

Guest lychee_poo

I don't set aside a certain amount every month, just when I go shopping I make sure I don't go above a certain price for an item depending on what it is.

Guest nobody knows

i probably spend around $200~$300 a year?
well 2012 in particular cos I worked a lot and earned a lot and wanted to get a pretty, high quality jacket ($160)

and i guess technically 2013 cos i got $200 shoes (o:!!!) as a 2 years worth of christmas&birthday present from my mommy (and i don't intend on shopping much later this year too)

I normally don't have that much time/energy to have a new/different outfit everyday, much less shop

Guest Beautiful*Nightmare

It used to be around $150 - 200 per month, but now it decreased significantly ever since I had a baby *_*

100~200. really depends on the mood hence I rarely shop for clothes because my parents don't allow me, so I usually buy a lot whenever I have a chance for shopping clothing. 

Guest yukinohana

I dont really have a limit.
Rarely do things catch my eye.
But when I do find something I like... O_O
I must possess it or I go nuts.
Usually >$20 a month.
But I have my eye on an alexander wang bag...

Archived