Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Boyfriend "liking" girls pictures on facebook - do u get jealous?

oooroosayoooroosay Posts: 1,602Member

IDOL

edited December 2012 in love & relationships
i'm single now, but i used to get jealous when my ex would "like" pictures of other girls on his facebook....

most of the pictures he "liked" were of his friends in bikinis, in clubs (wearing sexy clothes) or like.... other kinda "sexy' pictures.... 

is there any double sided meaning to these "likes" on facebook? and is there a reason to get jealous?

when i "like" pictures, its only if i think its funny or cute (like a picture of a dog or something)... but i never have the balls to "like" a picture of someone im interested in or attracted to

but then again, men are from mars and women are from venus right?! :P 

what do u guys think?
Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die

Replies

• KerrigantonKerriganton Posts: 1,855Member

ROOKIE

There shouldn't be any reason to feel jealous because of Facebook "likes". A relationship shouldn't be that restrictive...

• aldehydesaldehydes Posts: 101Member
    edited December 2012
    Honestly, that's a really petty thing to get jealous about. All of the girls that my boyfriend went to high school with post pictures in only bikinis and clubbing attire (guess it's a common thing in Taiwan?), so there isn't much else for him to "like" on Facebook lol.
  • I_play_with_dollsI_play_with_dolls c: under your bedPosts: 2,757Member

IDOL

Nah, being in a relationship doesn't permit your partner from finding other people attractive. My boyfriend even reblogs nude women on his tumblr all the time. I mean I do the same sooooo yeah. If my relationships were strict to the point I couldn't admit to other people being attractive I would just stick to friends with benefits.

ROOKIE

aldehydes said:
    Honestly, that's a really petty thing to get jealous about. All of the girls that my boyfriend went to high school with post pictures in only bikinis and clubbing attire (guess it's a common thing in Taiwan?), so there isn't much else for him to "like" on Facebook lol.
    Is it really? I always thought girls are more conservative there. 

edited December 2012
    aldehydes said:
    Is it really? I always thought girls are more conservative there. 
    I really don't know about the rest of Taiwan, but it's true for all of the girls from his high school as well as a few other people's high schools (they all went to private Westernized high schools, though). I haven't seen a single one that didn't have multiple pictures of themselves in bikinis and barely-there dresses as their profile picture o.o. I always found it ironic that the girls from my high school in America were much more conservative.
  • thanzilathanzila Posts: 2New Member
    I would defo get jealous
    For me its the matter of trust
    I would think theres something more there rather then few likes
  • dolcedor.dolcedor. Posts: 2,626Member

IDOL

My boyfriend doesn't use Facebook much, but I don't think I'd get jealous if he "liked" other girls' photos. He's allowed to think other girls are attractive and hell, I wouldn't mind knowing who he thought was attractive. I've straight up asked him if he thought certain girls were pretty, and I sometimes even point out girls to him. However, he keeps insisting he doesn't find anyone more physically attractive than me, even though I try my damnedest to let him know that it doesn't bother me. I'm thinking that maybe for him, emotional attraction is a big component of physical attraction. Fair enough.

Going back on topic, if it's something that my bf did, I'd be more curious about why he felt the need to "like" girls' photos. Ie. broadcast the fact that he found them attractive. Personally, if I thought a photo was... aesthetically pleasing... I would just keep it to myself. And maybe share with a select few (including my bf).

Yup. Hope that answers your question.
    metalheartethereal
  • <3StrawberryPocky<3<3StrawberryPocky<3 Posts: 1,107Member

IDOL

I'd be bothered quite frankly. Maybe I get jealous easily, am insecure, or too conservative, but honestly, I don't see why out all the pictures to like, he'd choose ones with girls half naked in them, and not just any girls but girls that he knows and are tangible to him. Maybe I care more because we're long distance, but regardless, I wouldn't feel comfortable dating someone who does that. 
    oooroosaydevileyessmileitselanmindavika
    ajlee613 said:
    a guy who is truly serious about the realtionship wouldn't do that, just like a girl who is truly serious wouldn't dress up to attract attention from other guys.

when i am really serious about a girl, other girls pretty much dont exist anymore. even if we are past the honey moon period of the relationship. and even if i found a girl atttractive, by pressing like on the picture, he is heading to the end of the slope. he tells him self it is acceptable to appriciate other girls' beauty, soon it will be ok to express it to other girls and soon he will be flirting cheating etc.

I honestly don't see anything wrong with having my boyfriend appreciate another girl's beauty. Like @dolcedor. , I often point out girls to my boyfriend that I find pretty or ask him about his opinion on certain girls. I even have him watch the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show with me every year because I know he appreciates the models' beauty as much as I do. To me, appreciating someone's beauty is akin to acknowledging a fine piece of art. Also, just because a guy finds a girl attractive doesn't mean he's interested in doing anything with her. I mean, you don't think about flirting with every pretty girl you see on the streets do you?
    Sherlock_MowgflyhighbichGracydaulism
  • ajlee613ajlee613 Bay Area, CaliforniaPosts: 4,710Member

SUPERSTAR

aldehydes said:
    ajlee613 said:
    a guy who is truly serious about the realtionship wouldn't do that, just like a girl who is truly serious wouldn't dress up to attract attention from other guys.

when i am really serious about a girl, other girls pretty much dont exist anymore. even if we are past the honey moon period of the relationship. and even if i found a girl atttractive, by pressing like on the picture, he is heading to the end of the slope. he tells him self it is acceptable to appriciate other girls' beauty, soon it will be ok to express it to other girls and soon he will be flirting cheating etc.

I honestly don't see anything wrong with having my boyfriend appreciate another girl's beauty. Like @dolcedor. , I often point out girls to my boyfriend that I find pretty or ask him about his opinion on certain girls. I even have him watch the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show with me every year because I know he appreciates the models' beauty as much as I do. To me, appreciating someone's beauty is akin to acknowledging a fine piece of art. Also, just because a guy finds a girl attractive doesn't mean he's interested in doing anything with her. I mean, you don't think about flirting with every pretty girl you see on the streets do you?
    i think the guy from that tv series 24 said it best, he was talking about crooked counter terrorist agents who he busted, and he said they weren't bad guys, they just let something small slide once, and that small step towards teh edge became the new standard, the new "home" if you let yourself venture 1 step closer to the edge from your home, and your new home "comfort zone" becomes where you are currently standing, the chances of cheating physically, emotionally, or just mentally skyrocket.

it may take years, but for your own sake i would advise against it.

when you become the type of person who is comfortable with letting them slide just a little bit every once in a while, you will eventually have gone a mile down hill without even noticing. he might slide so little that u will both be dead before he gets to cheating, but the thing is eventually it will happen, it is the slippery slope theory. if you lived to be a million years old, he would wander from you, first it is looking, then it is appriciating, then it is expression, then interaction, etc. 

they even say one of the 1 major factors in cheating is opportunity. if u give someone enough chances to cheat, there is actually a decent cahnce that they will. why? because they get desensitized to the idea, it is the same concept as the slipper slope. someone says look lets do it, no one will ever find out, you first are disgusted, insulted and angry, after a while u are ok with the idea that someone will ask you to cheat on ur lover with them. eventually the idea of cheating will stop being such a huge deal, but u still wont do it. keep going and eventually you will. this is human nature.

if you are not strict about yourself as an adult who can do what they want, you will surely do things that you originally planned not to do. look at how many ppl smoke and drink today, that said to themselves they would never do it back when they were kids?
    Think about all the things in this life that hurts you... do not do those things.

devileyesMr-Nice-Watchjustxlouisemetalheart
  • azuretteazurette Posts: 853Member

IDOL

I love this whole "appreciating beauty" thing lolll.

I'd get jealous if he were only "liking" sexy pictures. My bf will "like" a girl's photo where she's obviously camwhoring, but nothing racy. It's a matter of respect. Anyone can "like" a flattering photo, but there's a limit.
    metalheart

ROOKIE

edited December 2012
    oooroosay said:
    yea, theres a difference between liking a picture like this:

and like this;

the FIRST picture... id be okay with. the second picture... not so much...

both girls are very pretty. but the second one.... i mean.... ('o___o) ....ya know....
    Is it because the girl in the second picture is of a darker variety than the girl in the first picture.

azuretteGracySofiaTheGreekfabrications.
  • oooroosayoooroosay Posts: 1,602Member

IDOL

edited December 2012
    oooroosay said:
    yea, theres a difference between liking a picture like this:

and like this;

the FIRST picture... id be okay with. the second picture... not so much...

both girls are very pretty. but the second one.... i mean.... ('o___o) ....ya know....
    Is it because the girl in the second picture is of a darker variety than the girl in the first picture.
    goodness no!!!

they are both beautiful women, regardless of the color of their skin..... 

its just that the first picture is like a typical facebook picture for graduation. everyone "likes" those kinds of pictures....i would "like" that picture. (if the girl in the picture were my friend)

but the second picture is really sexy.... to the point where its a bit scandalous. i would feel jealous if my boyfriend liked that kind of picture.....her boobs are like an eye magnet
    Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die
  • odaesanodaesan 러브홀릭 Posts: 2,239Member

IDOL

oooroosay said:
    but the second picture is really sexy.... to the point where its a bit scandalous.
    It's an opinion.

Anyway, what if the girl in the second picture was your boyfriend's friend?

• ajlee613ajlee613 Bay Area, CaliforniaPosts: 4,710Member

SUPERSTAR

you can see she is holding back her shoulders in the 2nd picture to try to push out her chest. she is trying hard to place focus on the boobs. even if it is subjective, it is pretty obvious the picture taker was trying to be sexy when she took it.
    Think about all the things in this life that hurts you... do not do those things.

oooroosaymetalheart
  • JaruJaruJaruJaru Posts: 423Member
    I don't get why people get jealous over stuff like this. If you have a boyfriend or girlfriend they are with you for a reason right? Have some confidence in yourself. Also it's facebook, are you the type to get mad over stuff like your s/o having single as their fb status too? 
  • azuretteazurette Posts: 853Member

IDOL

^Well yeah, why would your s/o say single other than to let people know he's single?
    metalheartTheJVS
  • AimeeeeeeeeeeeAimeeeeeeeeeee CSU FresnoPosts: 411Member

ROOKIE

girl. i got you~ haha.

I admit, i DO get kind of jealous when my man likes a chicas random photo on their fb.... especially of he does it more on theirs than on mine, however, i just confronted him with it and now hes alot more aware of my feelings about that. :)

411 <--- Come say hi! :)

devileyes