Clothing style advice for girls with narrow shoulders?

Guest kpopworld92

Guest kpopworld92

Hey gals :)I think shopping is suppose to be fun but a few times I get frustrated because if I find clothes that I like, sometimes they end up looking unflattering on my body. An issue that I have is narrow shoulders, which unfortunately makes my head look rather large on my thin, petite frame (5 ft tall with a "ruler-shaped" body). I know that I can't wear tight-fitting tees and dresses (any other ideas for what to wear when going clubbing? lol) because I'll look weird (confirmed with my mom haha). Imagine a bobble head toy...just kidding, it's not that serious but sometimes I feel like that. Anyway I was hoping for some advice on how to flatter my narrow shoulders so it balances in proportion to my head. If it helps with style ideas, I'm a college student by the way. Thanks in advance! :D
Oh and are there any exercises that can make my shoulders a bit broader? Like, if I go swiimming there's not really a way to cover my shoulders and make my head look "normal sized". And it's always annoying how backpack and purse straps keep falling off my shoulder. This seems like a funny question since girls usually dislike broad shoulders and here I'm wishing for them lol

Guest iilysium

You can try shrugs to make it appear as though your shoulders are broader, like these shrugs:
41Y8FRQOjPL._SL500_SY246_CR0,0,190,246_.
metallic-satin-shrug.jpg
Or tops with puffy sleeves

puff_sleeves0809_200x300.jpg

Or high necklines with horizontal stripes, they make your chest and shoulders seem broader.

large_162e025f-5ed8-423a-bc2a-d97c152514

Or go retro with shoulderpads
shoulder%20pads.jpg

And no.... I do not believe there's a way to make your shoulders broader. That's more of a skeletal issue I believe.

I also have narrow shoulder and found that halter tops are flattering on me. Tops with puffy sleeves also helps make my shoulder look broader.

_5576210.jpg
img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=60141264

Guest muffingrl

I actually have the opposite problem, so I'll just give you a list of clothing styles that look horrible on me, they'll probably flatter you better.
- boat neck tops- crew neck tops- high cut necklines- wide horizontal stripes across the shoulders- spaghetti straps- structured jackets with shoulder details- cap sleeves- collared shirts with high necklines (buttoned all the way up)- boxy, square cut tops

• 4 months later...
Guest jenny081

I myself is also with narrow shouders,which makes me critical to various type of dresses.Gradually,I find that dresses with halter neckline or just strapless dresses are both perfect  for me.I feel happy to share some dress styles with you,and if you're interested,please contact zhubin.robbin@gmail.com.

• 3 months later...
Guest onlyone21

My cousin has the opposite problem and she tends to stay away from stripes, thick knits, power shoulders, shoulder pads, and anything that makes her waist look accented or small (makes her look like an upside down triangle) so maybe if you wear these types maybe it might help?

halter tops, embellished shoulders, u neck tops (crew necks will actually make your shoulders look small as well) and boat neck tops as well are all really good. Also id you do anything with a bigger print up top and solids on the bottom will help make the top half a bit larger looking and even out your shoulders. Also accentuate the smallest part of the waist to make more of an hourglass shape, this will widen out your shoulders too.

Guest Frynn Ho

how about denim jacket with studs or embellishment on the shoulder area? I do have narrow shoulders too. Think it makes my hip looks wider. I would also keep my hair long, give it a perm for more volume and let it down.. kind of cover the shoulders.

• 1 month later...

Archived