Do those vibrating exercise machines work?

Guest misswengie

Guest misswengie

Hey, I was wondering if those machines where it's like a platform and you stand on it and it jiggles you around. Apparently 10 minutes supposed to be like 1 hour of exercise - I know they are huge in Asia but do they work? have you got anyone that has tried it?

I don't really think so and I highly doubt the premise of that concept.
I always sit on the washing machine in the laundromat while waiting for my laundry to get done and after 20 years I haven't lost a lick of weight at all.

Guest sweetfantasy09

haha! trust me, it never will.

i fell a lot to those gimmick and nothing works! vibration belt, sauna belt, those machine like horse riding that jiggle your core around and said it will do this and that.. it's all waste of your money.

it's when i started to take the traditional way of losing weight (after all these years), healthy eating + hardwork exercise. i was too lazy to exercise before this and always seek for whatever comes from advertisement. i have even took pills before.. all those down to nothing. pill that works had gotten me too much side effects that i stopped after a month.

until now, that i really see result in myself and although i haven't reached the weight goal that i desire for myself, i am seeing result and it's enough to motivate me to stick with it and stop wasting my money on those gadgets. hehe!

i think they might be good for massage and loosening up (like good for older people whose bodies aren't as active). maybe...

but i reckon it doesn't burn a significant amount of energy, that is, if it does at all.

Guest kiwichow

they have one at the gym i used to go to. I highly doubt that they actually works for any fat burning per say, but i think i'd be pretty nice to go on it after a workout to loosen your muscles and what not :)

Guest leepants

^ haha, I don't think OP was referring to that. And no, those vibrating machines don't work at all! My boyfriend's mum has one and it definitely does not feel as intense as 1 hour at the gym.
kiwichow said: they have one at the gym i used to go to. I highly doubt that they actually works for any fat burning per say, but i think i'd be pretty nice to go on it after a workout to loosen your muscles and what not :)

It may work but I don't know because I don't use such thing. I stick to traditional workout.  Trust me a lot of the devices out there these are gimmicks and once your body adapts to it, it's useless.  Remember they the product maker are making money from stupid uniformed people to use useless products. Stick to whats been existing for ages.

• 3 months later...
Guest iilysium

"...Applying these findings to the Russian Space Program, he found that with vibration training, astronauts could increase bone and muscle mass before venturing into space, allowing them to potentially stay above the stratosphere for a longer period of time. "

".....Later studies found these machines to be useless for weight loss, but recent scientific studies have found that vibrations of a less vigorous type, such as in Whole Body Vibrations, may actually be effective, not for weight loss or decrease in cellulite, but improvement in bone and muscle strength."

Taken from yahoo! article

I went on a machine at the mall at really high speed and it was kinda brutal lol

Archived