What is your Skincare and Make-Up routine?

Guest gisellaaa

Guest gisellaaa

Well, I guess it's time to update my skincare routine. I've been trying to use less and less products now and I'm more into natural make-up too. So yeah, a lot have changed I guess! :)
Skincare (Morning):Face Wash -  Hada Labo Shirojyun Face Wash Toner - SkinLiFE Face LotionEssence - SK-II Facial Treatment EssenceMoisturizer - Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Protective EmulsionSuncreen -  Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen SPF50 PA++ 
Skincare (Evening):Cleanse - Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover
Face Wash -  Nip+Fab Glycolic Scrub Fix  Toner Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Balancing SoftenerEmulsionSK-II Facial Treatment EssenceMoisturizer - Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Moisturizing GelEye Cream - RoC MULTI CORREXION 5-in-1 Eye Cream

Makeup: Concealer - Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer (under-eye)Powder - CANMAKE Marshmallow Finish PowderCheek - Revlon Powder Blush in Oh Baby! PinkMascara - MAC Extended Play Gigablack Lash Lips - whatever lip balm I manage to find in my backpack lol

I don't always put on full coverage make-up as stated above - I often skip extra concealers, powder, brows, and cheek. I also don't use eyeshadow at all (never liked it). My make-up routine nowadays is pretty much just the basic. No base make-up like primer, no eyeshadow, no blush, no lipstick, and no highlight/contouring. I'm trying to keep it as natural as possible. 
It's pretty much just concealer + powder to cover up my dark circles and blemishes, a thin line of pencil eyeliner slightly extended from my eyes smudged with a brush, mascara on both upper & bottom lashes, and a lippie. That's it. I try to use as little product as possible. You can't tell I'm wearing make-up at all (aside from the eyeliner, mascara, and lip gloss). 
Funny how I used to wear a lot of make-up and now I'm using less and less isn't it? :)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vynkchan

Skincare- Wash/Exfoliate with Garnier 3 Way Clean Ultimate Cleanser- Moisturize with Olay Active Hydrating Cream
trying to find alternatives because my skin is becoming flakey in the winter time :(
Makeup(already have moisturizer on)- Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer- Maybelline Coverstick Concealer- Keana Pate Pore Putty BB Cream- L'Oreal (I think?) Pencil Eyeliner, smudged- NYC Liquid Eyeliner- Lancome Mascara- Sephora Compact Powder
Optional: Lancome Blush, Inner Eye highlights 
Removing Makeup- Lancome Eye Makeup Remover 

Guest pompomm

hmm. i dont use any skincare. or wash my face. the only time i wash my face is when i shower (and thats once every 2 days). as for make up its just bobby brown eyeliner lol.. im so cheap. i have sensitive skin so if i wash it too much or put anything on my face, it breaks out like crazy. but if i dont touch it at all, i have surprisingly clear skin. which sucks cause if i put on make up one day, my face turns into a mess the next day. ahh!

my sister use baby wipes (the no scent) to remove her make up. dont know if anyone does. according to her, it works like a charm.

So i just broke out randomly out of nowhere so i exfoliate everyday, but here is my routine.
[if im wearing makeup]- I use neutrogena makeup wipes (though i hear cleansing oil is better) 
[regular routiine in the AM]
- etude house egg white foaming soap (idk alot of ppl are using foaming cleansers these days is it supposed to be better than glycerin based soaps?)- st. ives blackhead scrub (use this everyday because of my pimples :() - dry my hands only, no towel on my face- cetaphil night cream (i know i dont have $$ for actual moisturizer, plus this stuff doesn't break me out) - clean and clear on the spot treament for my pimples :(- neutrogena sunscreen - chapstick
[night routine]
-same as AM routine but minus the sunscreen. 

a note: i should start doing eye cream too. 
[makeup]
tonerthe body shop primerlaura mercier tinted moisturizerlaura mercier concealerblush (chanel i think?)etude house apple lipstick eyebrows (some korean brand...)
thats it. i HATE eyeliner and mascara and only wear it if i'm going on a date or somewhere fancy

Guest aldehydes

Skincare: I just shower when I wake up. The only things that touch my face are the water from the shower and the shampoo from my hair that happens to get on it. I don't do anything at night.

Makeup: Tightline only my upper eyelid with Almay Intense Eyeliner in Black Pearl. If I happen to be breaking out (usually during that time of the month), I coverup with Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Concealer. The concealer's been discontinued for some time now, so I'm using it very sparingly. If I'm late, I kind of just skip everything altogether.

I've found that the more products I use on my face, the worse my skin gets. When I use nothing, my face is clear and sort of glows. My little sister uses a million products a day and her skin is horrible.

Guest 2partsvodka

skincare:AMwater
PMcleanser: Charcoal soapexfoliate: honey, olive oil, brown sugar scrub (2x a week)toner: green tea & sea saltmoisturizer: jojoba oil
i don't wear makeup.

Guest Tulip Love

SkincareAMSplash face with waterApply Cucumber Water TonerApply zit cream on blemishes (if required)Apply Olay Moisturising Cream
PMRemove all makeup with Garnier milky removerCleanse with Missha Creamy Chocolate Latte Foaming Cleanser Apply eye cream Apply zit creamApply Olay Moisturiser 
1-3 times a week I'll also use some of the below~My Beauty Diary sheet mask or Skinfood Banana Yogurt Wash Off Mask Exfoliate with Etude House Baking Powder Scrub or SKIN79 Crystal Peeling Gel
Makeup Missha Undereye brightener/concealerEtude House Precious Minerals BB Cream or Lioele Dollish Veil Vita bb creamLioele Shimmer Pearl Base to highlight cheeks, nose, brow area, cupid's bow, templeSKIN79 cheek tint (from the Oriental Gold bb cream)Maybelline Baby Lips lip balmColour brows with brow mascara
A few times a week I'llTightline eyes with Essence gel eyeliner (black)Draw medium thick eyeliner, with either a droopy flick, or a kitten flick
And occasionally I'llcoat lashes with gel eyeliner and curlwear eyeshadowuse a primer before face baseswitch bb cream for Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundationuse Bourjois concealer on blemishes

Guest catcoffee

After testing a whole bunch of different skincare routines for now I'm just washing my face with water and then using a moisturizer for sensitive skin,
I believe its by neutrogena.

I hate being the little devil in every skin care thread, but for those of you who are not using many products or any products, that's great if it's keeping you clear and problem free.

However...definitely look into using a sunscreen during the day, or at the least, a moisturizer with at least SPF 30. Make up with SPF does not count as sufficient protection. And at the very least use a mild foaming cleanser at night because you will need to wash the SPF off and also, your skin is exposed to a ton of environmental irritants and bacteria during the day, whether you are inside or outside, so using SOME sort of cleanser besides water will help keep your skin clean. Really.

Guest h3adl0ck

Morning Routine:
Cetaphil gentle cleanserNeutrogena oil free 35spf moisturizer

Night Routine (shower):
Aveeno Positively Radiant cleanser
Cerave PM moisturizer*Neutrogena Acne Spot treatment if necessary*

Weekly routines (shower):
Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming cleanser (1-2x)
Ren Jojoba Microbead Purifying Facial Polish Exfoliator (2x)

Everyday makeup routine:Revlon Retractable Eyeliner Pencil "Black Brown" or Tonymoly Retractable Eyeliner Pencil "Brown"
Eyelash curlerMaybelline Great Lash Waterproof Mascara or CoverGirl Eye lights Mascara for Hazel Eyes
-Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover Liquid-

After changing my skin care routine to products that were more gentle my skin has cleared up significantly. And not wearing face makeup helped a bunch too but I've found that Physicians Formula is pretty much the only makeup brand that doesn't cause me to breakout or give me chemical burns/rashes. And the rare occasions I wear foundation and whatnot I remove it with Innisfree Green Tea Cleansing Oil. 

Guest Lola Pong

Everyday makeup routine  ( I love natural looks ) :- Revlon Colorstay Aqua Mineral Foundation : love this product because it will moisturize my face- Tonymoly Mineral Skin-Fit Makeup Fixer : makes my face looks radiant and bright- Revlon Perle Eyeshadow- VOV candy pen eyeliner- TonyMoly Lovely Girl Tint Stick- Revlon Custom Eyes Mascara Waterproof
Quite a lot huh? Hahhaha.. but the result is as if I don't use makeup at all, but still correct my eyes, my skin face and color
as for skincare, right now I'm just using tonymoly fresh aqua drop cream + baviphat apple ac theraphy pack ( ultimate item )
but back then when i have a lottttt of ache in my forehead, I started to use layers of korean skincare ( milk cleanser + toner, faceshop toner, faceshop serum, and then moisture cream, baviphat apple ac theraphy ) and as the result, aches that's been bothered me for 3 month disappeared in 1 month, no mark at all.

Guest cherrierus

On a typical day, but of course I like to switch it up sometimes:

Skincare morning
- The Body Shop tea tree oil cleanser
- Clindamycin lotion (Rx)
- DDF moisturizer with SPF

Skincare night
- OxyClean cleanser
- Differn
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream (since its dry out now)

Make Up
- Primer (if its a warm day)
- Maybelline Neautralizer Concealer under eyes
- Sonia Kasuk concealer for blemishes/scars
- Foundation or BBcream sometimes
- Powder
- Blush - using one of ELF's currently
- Bronzer
- UDPP
- Bronze/Brown eyeshadow and maybe darker brown on corners or lighter in the middle or inner corner
- Eyeliner sometimes
- Mascara: shishedo majolica majorica then another more volumizing one on top

Guest mastermei_

I recently changed up my skincare routine because my skin was breaking out again *sighs*

Morning:
Cleanse -
water and then follow up with Bioderma Crealine H2O (sebium formula)
Eye Cream - skinfood salmon brightening eye cream
Moisturise - la roche posay effaclar duo
*Treatment - Isotrex (Isotretinoin gel)
Sunscreen - Eucerin Sun Fluid Mattifant SPF 50+

Night:
Makeup Remover -
Bioderma Crealine Sensibio
Cleanse - la roche posay effaclar cleanser (twice)
Serum - Innisfree the green tea seed serum
Eye Cream - skinfood salmon brightening eye cream
Treatment - Isotrex gel
Moisturiser - Cetaphil Moisturizing lotion
Spot Gel - Ciracle red spot cream

*I sometimes skip this step in the morning

Makeup:
- Dr G Active Recovery BB Cream
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer
- Etude House drawing eye brow pencil #brown
- Urban Decay Naked Palette, Naked and Buck
- TonyMoly Backstage Gel Eyeliner #Black
- Dark Brown Eyeshadow from Majolica Majorca Eyeshadow Quad 
- Etude House Tear Eyeliner #1
- Rimmel London Glam Eyes Day 2 Night Waterproof Mascara in Black
- Max Factor False Lash Effect Waterproof in Black
- Bobbi Brown Face Touch Up Stick
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist
- No7 Perfect Light Loose Powder
- NYC bronzer in sunny
- Etude House Face designing brightener
- Revlon Lip Butter in either Tutti Fruitti or Sweet Tart

Guest anniesialo

I use only natural skincare I used natural face washes because my skin so sensitive and I like to look natural.
Make -up:

• I put cream on my face
  • I used Kajal and over kajal I use eyeliner because by using eyeliner on it it will not smudge.
  • then I used lip gloss or lip bam.
        I don't like over makeup because make-up is that which helps in making your face attractive not like a evils face.

Skincare:
Morning (shower):
Wash/Exoliate with Aveeno Skin Brightener Scrub
-- Every now & then I use Aveeno cleanser (no exfoliaters)
Moisturizer for sensitive skin (An Asian brand, idk name)
Sunscreen

Night:
MU remover w/ moisturizer by Olay (I think?)
Eye Cream

MU Routine:
School/Lazy days:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Liquid Eyeliner
Mascara (Maybelline Colossal & Falsies layered)

Work:
Concealer
Mineral Powder
UDPP
Eyeshadow (Urban Decay & Bobbi Brown)
Liquid Eyeliner
Mascara/Fake Lashes (Maybelline Colossal & Falsies)
Lippie (Revlon)
Lipgloss over to set it (Chanel/Bobbi Brown samples LOL)

Morning:-Rinse face-Moisturize with Eucerin
Night:-Wash face with a Neutrogena face wash, then scrub with a rubber scrub pad-Toner - witch hazel-Apply Garnier Fructis dark spot corrector-Apply Olay night moisturizer-Apply acne medicine if needed
Makeup going to school:Smashbox primer (green)Pur mineral foundationLiquid eyeliner
Makeup going to work:Mousse foundation by Maybelline

Guest kimchiday

Morning:
Cleanse face with Kiehls cleanser
Sunscreen
Lipgloss or Lip Tint

Night:Cleanse face with same Kiehl's cleanser
Tone face with Kiehls TonerMoisturize with Kiehls cream

Archived