Travelling to Korea for Plastic Surgery

Guest goldceries

Guest goldceries

Has anyone who lives in Canada/USA considered going to Korea for plastic surgery? If you're asian and want plastic surgery, you will probably have better results with the work of an asian plastic surgeon. First of all they understand asian aesthetic desires better and have more experience with asian faces than western plastic surgeons do. This is something I have discovered after a solid year of various consultations with different plastic surgeons and gathering general information about facial plastic surgery.For example, I have a flatter forehead and have been looking into forehead augmentation surgery (which is quite common in korea/china/japan/etc) but is rarely heard of (never mind performed) in Vancouver B.C (Canada). Ive only encountered ONE plastic surgeon in this entire city who actually does it (not often though) and the costs are SOO ridiculously high. 
Anyways, at first I was quite excited that finally, I might be able to get my forehead done, but after some serious consideration, I thought, why would I pay like $12,000 or more to get my forehead done by a dr who barely has any practice with this?? Bad decision.
So this got me into thinking, well why not just go to Korea to get it done? Because plastic surgery is so common there, there is LOTS of fierce competition as far as top doctors go, and the bar for talent is high there. Korea is also far more advanced in terms of technologies and they generally have more comparative advantage compared to doctors in North America in general. Plus, a lot of my friends went to get their double eyelid surgeries done there and they've all said it was much cheaper and all have had really great results. So I did a lot of research and found a clinic that really impressed me, Seoul Touch Up. This is like an All-In-One, one stop plastic surgery kind of service, specially geared around foreigners who want to travel to Korea for their plastic surgeries. Seoul Touch Up is like an agency that will plan a customized trip for a clients' plastic surgery vacation. They customize your trip based on what procedures you are getting, and plan pretty much everything for you, getting rid of the major headache that comes with planning a big trip. The best part (for non-Korean speaking folk like me) is they provide a translator, as well as other services like a driver, around the clock care taker, 5 star hotel, and more. It's very glam and you're guaranteed to be comfortable the whole way through.
This is by far the best option I found, regarding plastic surgery. Doctors are top notch, you get to save thousands $$$ in procedure costs, and the trip itself isnt even that expensive! You buy your own plane ticket, but apart from the surgical fees, the only other thing that you have to pay for is accommodation and the services (like driver, etc). Best part is, the cost for accommodations decrease SIGNIFICANTLY if you travel with more people. Example, accommodation+services at a five star hotel for 14 days for one person may be around $5000 (there is no tax added), but will drop down to around $3500 if you have a group of 3-4 people who are also getting surgery.
I definitely want to save some $$$ and am planning to book my trip for May or late April 2013, let me know if you want to join :) it'll be a great experience, and if you've been considering plastic surgery too it'll be productive as well.

Guest cheesedoodless

wow. ur traveling to korea just to get plastic surgery done... please spend your money on something thats worth while. jesus i come back to the fourm to see if anything changed and as i thought, it didnt. 
its not all about looks

oops, everyone make sure you check with cheesedoodless for what you should spend your money on, because it's obviously her business.
Just curious though, if you're going to Korea to save money on the operation, why stay in a 5-star hotel? Seems a bit contradictory...you can stay comfortably, if not luxuriously, in Korea for way, way cheaper.

Wise to go to Korea for the more unique procedures (if it was just rhino then I'd say you'd be better off just finding somewhere closer to home, just so you have the security of being able to go back).
A close (guy) friend went to Seoul a couple times for surgeries (rhino, chin and fat transplants). He wanted to do his smile bands here but could only find one person out of hundreds that any knowledge of it. It wasn't worth the risk, so he went to Seoul for 4 or 5 days to get them done there and they look just how he wanted them.
My only advice is not to be tempted by an all in one package just because its more convenient. Most of the top clinics have English/Japanese/Chinese-speaking consultants, hotels are easy to book online yourself (and cheaper) and same goes for flights. This means you can do it yourself and not pay a middle man. It makes much more sense.

Guest John1430292055

For people who are getting plastic surgeries, are you guys going to get plastic surgeries for your kids too? Because they will look like you before you got plastic surgery. Just my 2 cents.

• 4 months later...
Guest tofuthepug

Booked my trip to Korea for May 9-21 th. If anyone is interested in sharing accomodation please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sc_1a16fcc4a47f453d8a92766447a0c336

An extract of the full report of ID hospital in Soeul ( full report is below the extract):

Problems caused on my face after acculift and sliding genio and mini v line in ID hospital by Dr Park done at 4/2012

2.)over sucked acculift(lipo) on the cheeks causing depression (a massive dent on the cheeks)

3.) left and right cheek completely asymmetrical as well one side has more fat being suck and the other less

4.) over corrected in chin reduction that cause chin looks detached form the top half f the face

5.) Irregularies of the chin, the right side looks as if someone took a bite from it while the left side is less sevre

6.) Nerve damage, lower teeth still feels numb 1 year after the operation

Nearly a year after the surgery 3/2013:

I finally booked my ticket to go back, to search for a solution and an answer or an apology from them.

A meeting with Dr Park almost 1 year after the surgery:

They sent a consultant to see me first, her name is Ena to discuss what is wrong. I successfully obtained an important piece of proof from her:

During our conversation I asked her ‘its not Dr Park who did the operation right?’

She hastily replied out of panic  ‘ well but he is the one made sure everything is alright before the operation and he monitors things after the operation too…’

I caught this on my portable recorder. Bingo.

So Park came in after a long wait. He didn’t even make to effort to be polite. He coldly asked me what the problem is again after I explained in details with Ena for 20 mins.

A.)

I didn’t even have the time to explain things since he is so impatient and kept interrupting me with ‘I don’t know what you are saying’ every 2 seconds, which I am guessing that means ‘ I refuse to admit I did a richard simmons job’

B.)

When I indicated too much bone has been removed, oddily he replied:’ YOUR CHIN IS ORGINALLY THIS SMALL I didn’t remove any bone! What are you talking about?!! It takes 6 years of medical knowledge to understand the mechanism so I wont bother’

wtf??!! Not only he didn’t do the operation, he didn’t even make the effort to read my file properly before entering the room, he didn’t even know Mini-V was done beside genioplasty since he was the one who suggested I have a bigger chin than I needed. He also  didn’t bother explaining and treated me like a retard.

Out of anger I said:’ do you know ‘you’ did a mini- V line on me as well? No you don’t! because you didn’t do the operation’

He panicked, startled for a few seconds and replied “ I have so many patients I don’t know…’

Then kept laughing oddly and coldly in a very creepy way for the rest of the conversation,” don’t try to make me say things…’

I guess in translation that means’ don’t try to trick me into admitting I swooped shitty surgeon with no license for you”

C.)

I then asked about the over correction of acculift ( too much fat has been sucked form my cheeks at the WRONG place) he compared 2 pictures, I pointed at my hollow cheeks and point at the before surgery picture for him to compare, he answered ‘ I don’t know what happened to you , what happened to you this year?’ In translation:’ you must have been through some unknown trauma that cause your cheeks to suddenly go from full to hollow, its your problem and your fault’  I answered him by telling him I purposely gain 15 pounds after surgery to make up for the hollowness so I won’t look so horrible by the surgical mistake. He paused, said ‘umm’ then rapidly left the room suddenly without further explanations

D.) I haven’t even had the chance to mention about my nerve damage before he randomly left the room without a saying goodbye

Guest sc_1a16fcc4a47f453d8a92766447a0c336

An extract of the full report of ID hospital in Soeul ( full report is below the extract):

Problems caused on my face after acculift and sliding genio and mini v line in ID hospital by Dr Park done at 4/2012

2.)over sucked acculift(lipo) on the cheeks causing depression (a massive dent on the cheeks)

3.) left and right cheek completely asymmetrical as well one side has more fat being suck and the other less

4.) over corrected in chin reduction that cause chin looks detached form the top half f the face

5.) Irregularies of the chin, the right side looks as if someone took a bite from it while the left side is less sevre

6.) Nerve damage, lower teeth still feels numb 1 year after the operation

Nearly a year after the surgery 3/2013:

I finally booked my ticket to go back, to search for a solution and an answer or an apology from them.

A meeting with Dr Park almost 1 year after the surgery:

They sent a consultant to see me first, her name is Ena to discuss what is wrong. I successfully obtained an important piece of proof from her:

During our conversation I asked her ‘its not Dr Park who did the operation right?’

She hastily replied out of panic  ‘ well but he is the one made sure everything is alright before the operation and he monitors things after the operation too…’

I caught this on my portable recorder. Bingo.

So Park came in after a long wait. He didn’t even make to effort to be polite. He coldly asked me what the problem is again after I explained in details with Ena for 20 mins.

A.)

I didn’t even have the time to explain things since he is so impatient and kept interrupting me with ‘I don’t know what you are saying’ every 2 seconds, which I am guessing that means ‘ I refuse to admit I did a richard simmons job’

B.)

When I indicated too much bone has been removed, oddily he replied:’ YOUR CHIN IS ORGINALLY THIS SMALL I didn’t remove any bone! What are you talking about?!! It takes 6 years of medical knowledge to understand the mechanism so I wont bother’

wtf??!! Not only he didn’t do the operation, he didn’t even make the effort to read my file properly before entering the room, he didn’t even know Mini-V was done beside genioplasty since he was the one who suggested I have a bigger chin than I needed. He also  didn’t bother explaining and treated me like a retard.

Out of anger I said:’ do you know ‘you’ did a mini- V line on me as well? No you don’t! because you didn’t do the operation’

He panicked, startled for a few seconds and replied “ I have so many patients I don’t know…’

Then kept laughing oddly and coldly in a very creepy way for the rest of the conversation,” don’t try to make me say things…’

I guess in translation that means’ don’t try to trick me into admitting I swooped shitty surgeon with no license for you”

C.)

I then asked about the over correction of acculift ( too much fat has been sucked form my cheeks at the WRONG place) he compared 2 pictures, I pointed at my hollow cheeks and point at the before surgery picture for him to compare, he answered ‘ I don’t know what happened to you , what happened to you this year?’ In translation:’ you must have been through some unknown trauma that cause your cheeks to suddenly go from full to hollow, its your problem and your fault’  I answered him by telling him I purposely gain 15 pounds after surgery to make up for the hollowness so I won’t look so horrible by the surgical mistake. He paused, said ‘umm’ then rapidly left the room suddenly without further explanations

D.) I haven’t even had the chance to mention about my nerve damage before he randomly left the room without a saying goodbye

Guest seoulologyy

Wow~ this is quite something. I'm to scared to go under the knife and what if I don't like it and I have to go under the knife several times until they fix it. I'm sure you know the risks involve, so I hope you have a speedy recovery and the results you want! ^^

• 1 month later...
Guest lajormazer

goldceries

wrote:

»

Has anyone who lives in Canada/USA considered going to Korea for plastic surgery? If you're asian and want plastic surgery, you will probably have better results with the work of an asian plastic surgeon. First of all they understand asian aesthetic desires better and have more experience with asian faces than western plastic surgeons do. This is something I have discovered after a solid year of various consultations with different plastic surgeons and gathering general information about facial plastic surgery.For example, I have a flatter forehead and have been looking into forehead augmentation surgery (which is quite common in korea/china/japan/etc) but is rarely heard of (never mind performed) in Vancouver B.C (Canada). Ive only encountered ONE plastic surgeon in this entire city who actually does it (not often though) and the costs are SOO ridiculously high. <br />

Anyways, at first I was quite excited that finally, I might be able to get my forehead done, but after some serious consideration, I thought, why would I pay like $12,000 or more to get my forehead done by a dr who barely has any practice with this?? Bad decision.<br />

So this got me into thinking, well why not just go to Korea to get it done? Because plastic surgery is so common there, there is LOTS of fierce competition as far as top doctors go, and the bar for talent is high there. Korea is also far more advanced in terms of technologies and they generally have more comparative advantage compared to doctors in North America in general. Plus, a lot of my friends went to get their double eyelid surgeries done there and they've all said it was much cheaper and all have had really great results. So I did a lot of research and found a clinic that really impressed me, Seoul Touch Up. This is like an All-In-One, one stop plastic surgery kind of service, specially geared around foreigners who want to travel to Korea for their plastic surgeries. Seoul Touch Up is like an agency that will plan a customized trip for a clients' plastic surgery vacation. They customize your trip based on what procedures you are getting, and plan pretty much everything for you, getting rid of the major headache that comes with planning a big trip. The best part (for non-Korean speaking folk like me) is they provide a translator, as well as other services like a driver, around the clock care taker, 5 star hotel, and more. It's very glam and you're guaranteed to be comfortable the whole way through.<br />

This is by far the best option I found, regarding plastic surgery. Doctors are top notch, you get to save thousands $$$ in procedure costs, and the trip itself isnt even that expensive! You buy your own plane ticket, but apart from the surgical fees, the only other thing that you have to pay for is accommodation and the services (like driver, etc). Best part is, the cost for accommodations decrease SIGNIFICANTLY if you travel with more people. Example, accommodation+services at a five star hotel for 14 days for one person may be around $5000 (there is no tax added), but will drop down to around $3500 if you have a group of 3-4 people who are also getting surgery.<br />

I definitely want to save some $$$ and am planning to book my trip for May or late April 2013, let me know if you want to join

:)

it'll be a great experience, and if you've been considering plastic surgery too it'll be productive as well.

Guest kittencuddler

I don't understand the hostility towards people for wanting plastic surgery, really. They're spending their own money and doing it to make themselves happy, how is it affecting you? Anyway, good luck with your trip! I hope everything turns out the way you want it to! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest valentine23

Hello there! I am new to this forum and interested in plastic surgery.

I am like one of those who are willing to go across the sea to get plastic surgery. Lol.

Because it seems the cost of plastic surgeries, as well as traveling, is much cheaper in Southeast Asia (with high quality).

I heard that Korea is very popular for plastic surgery. (Yeah...I can just imagine by looking at those Korean celebrities who are very pretty!) 

Is there anyone else who considers to go have plastic surgery in Korea? (or in anyother Asia?) Or have already been in Korea or else where?

I just wanna hear some experiences or information.

Thanks! :)

Guest blush

kittencuddler said: I don't understand the hostility towards people for wanting plastic surgery, really. They're spending their own money and doing it to make themselves happy, how is it affecting you? Anyway, good luck with your trip! I hope everything turns out the way you want it to! :)

Guest Lily Ro

valentine23 said:

Hello there! I am new to this forum and interested in plastic surgery.

I am like one of those who are willing to go across the sea to get plastic surgery. Lol.

Because it seems the cost of plastic surgeries, as well as traveling, is much cheaper in Southeast Asia (with high quality).

I heard that Korea is very popular for plastic surgery. (Yeah...I can just imagine by looking at those Korean celebrities who are very pretty!) 

Is there anyone else who considers to go have plastic surgery in Korea? (or in anyother Asia?) Or have already been in Korea or else where?

I just wanna hear some experiences or information.

Thanks! :)

Archived