Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soompi Ulzzang Contest Round 2 results are out! See who made it to the final round!

Tiny terrier Suni - Possible the world's most itsy bitsy dog.

~ BunnyliciouS ~~ BunnyliciouS ~ MumOregonPosts: 26,370Friend of Soompi

SUPERSTAR

edited October 2012 in current events

Tiny terrier Suni - not much bigger than her owner's mobile phone - has high hopes of being crowned the world's smallest dog

This miniature dog has got her sights set on a supersized title: Guinness World Records’ World’s Smallest Dog

Terrier crossbreed Suni weighed a miniscule 0.1lbs (45g) when she was born, and three months later at 2.36in (6cm) tall she is still smaller than her owner’s mobile phone.

Although Suni’s weight gain since then hardly breaks the scales - she now weighs 0.22lbs (100g) -  veterinarians in Jarocin, Poland, do not believe she will grow to be much bigger.

Micro-pet: Suni the terrier cross at three months, next to her owner's mobile phone in Jarocin, Poland. Both can easily fit in a pocket or handbag

Owner Anna Pohl hopes that her small dog has got what it takes to win the big crown.

‘When she was born she was so small no-one thought she would survive but she has,’ Ms Pohl said.

She has been in touch with Guinness World Records officials to see if Suni measures up for the title.

‘She is a lovely little thing but you have to be very careful where you sit and where you walk,’ said Anna.

Although it seems Suni is currently the world’s smallest dog, she will not end up in the record books for a while.

Her owner better have her fingers crossed Suni doesn’t have a growth spurt within the next nine months, as Guinness World Records will not crown her before she is 12 months old.

The current record holder for the world’s smallest living dog is Boo Boo the chihuahua from Kentucky in the U.S. Measuring in at four inches tall, she has held the title since February 2008.

Suni has competition not only in Boo Boo but also in a Puerto Rican teacup Chihuahua called Milly, who at four months weighed in at 0.37lb (170g).

More pictures here:

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2220165/Small-dog-big-dreams-Tiny-terrier-Suni-hopes-crowned-worlds-smallest-dog-dwarfed-owners-phone.html

hellobby

Replies

• imsomessedupimsomessedup POOTIS Posts: 645Member

IDOL

what a measly dog
    even a mcdonalds  quarter pounder is more filling than that
    teukhaee
  • MusoMuso The Master Of All Pokemon! USAPosts: 2,762Member

SUPERSTAR

She is too cute!! I hope she is healthy.
  • iilysiumiilysium VirginiaPosts: 414Member

IDOL

Her poop is probably the size of peas

A lot easier to clean up after
    teukhaee
  • katnipkatnip Posts: 377Member

IDOL

iilysium said:
    Her poop is probably the size of peas

A lot easier to clean up after
    lol!

Probably lot harder to find too if she poops where she isn't supposed to
  • oooroosayoooroosay Posts: 1,599Member

IDOL

awww so precious :)

but what if you sit on it cause u didn't see it?

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die
  • joanarcvjoanarcv U.S. <3Posts: 73Member

IDOL

edited October 2012
    Aw, what a cutie !
    Unfortunately, I'd be too afraid to take care of the cute baby.
    She's so tiny, I could lose her in a heart beat.

"Once you accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you."
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "If I die young, bury me in satin, lay me down on a bed of roses, sink me in the river at dawn, and send me away with the words of a love song."
  • xxcarolxxxxcarolxx Posts: 672Member

IDOL

Aww she is so cute and tiny! Precious little girl. I would afraid to be with her though because i might lose her real fast.
    BBisBack.jpg
  • EclecticEclectic lvl 1 red mage limboPosts: 2,213Member

SUPERSTAR

edited October 2012
    Terrier crossbreed....exactly what?
    Her owner better have her fingers crossed Suni doesn’t have a growth spurt within the next nine months, as Guinness World Records will not crown her before she is 12 months old.
    I hate to be a buzzkill, but I wouldn't want this dog (or her competitors) to win this "world record" if they were purposely bred for that goal.  The fact of the matter is, there seems to be a correlation between size and longevity (i.e. documented cases of horses living to their 60s and elephants living to their 80s, etc.)  If anything, I want this dog to get a growth spurt if that means it will increase its lifespan.

Cynicism aside, I really hope breeders out there aren't purposefully trying to breed small dogs for the sake of winning a trivial world record, only for the dog to live a short (but hopefully happy) life. 

When you envision "man's best friend" the following comes to mind:
    imageimage
    image\image

The advent of smaller "toy" breeds diverges from the original "friendship" bond between mankind and dog since the days of our hunting-gathering past. 
    “Idealism is what precedes experience. Cynicism is what follows.”
  • iilysiumiilysium VirginiaPosts: 414Member

IDOL

edited October 2012
    Terrier crossbreed....exactly what?
    I hate to be a buzzkill, but I wouldn't want this dog (or her competitors) to win this "world record" if they were purposely bred for that goal.  The fact of the matter is, there seems to be a correlation between size and longevity (i.e. documented cases of horses living to their 60s and elephants living to their 80s, etc.)  If anything, I want this dog to get a growth spurt if that means it will increase its lifespan.

Cynicism aside, I really hope breeders out there aren't purposefully trying to breed small dogs for the sake of winning a trivial world record, only for the dog to live a short (but hopefully happy) life. 

When you envision "man's best friend" the following comes to mind:
    imageimage
    image\image

The advent of smaller "toy" breeds diverges from the original "friendship" bond between mankind and dog since the days of our hunting-gathering past. 
    No no no, no one sees these toy breeds as a best friend.
    It's a fashion accessory.
    Eclectic