DIY Vintage Hardcover Book Clutch and Box

regretless

I’ve been finding these great vintage hardcovers at estate sales + Goodwill for around $3.00 each!

sqi7fq.jpg

25i7mmc.jpg

23m3f9v.jpg

Hollowed out with an X-acto blade and….

ibw610.jpg

Ta-da! Book boxes for small treasures. :)

And my most recent project….

16bzo1z.jpg

1zcjnn.jpg

2ugfd5u.jpg

Glued on some findings…

a2p7r.jpg

Ripped out all the pages and glued in….

348pt8k.jpg

Fabric lining! Added some velcro so that it would shut. In retrospect, I probably should have sewed a flap so things don’t fall out… It took forever to finish sewing the inside! @.@ I really need to invest in a sewing machine…

Nice work! For a moment, I thought your recent project had a secret camera installed into it. (That would be pretty cool actually.)

I'm not sure if I would be able to do that to my own books though. ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hearthealer

Really nice :D
But the idea of destroying vintage hardcovered books...T.T breaks my heart...
Still i quite like the idea of book boxes to hide more expensive pieces of jewellery :P

• 1 month later...
Guest asukaxD

Thats very inspiring! My bro had actually made me help me hollow out a hardcover book like that years ago to hide a valentine gift for his now exgf. A pretty neat idea too!

• 3 weeks later...

What a brilliant idea and thanks for sharing.  I am definitely going to try this out.. that means time for some thrift shopping.  It reminded me of Michelle Williams book clutches on the red carpet.  I always wonder how did a book turn into a clutch.. now I know.. LOL!!

2ivbosx.png

2wmgxz5.png

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest kaleidoscopebym

I think these are just the coolest vintage ideas. I am going to borrow this interior décor idea for sure.

• 3 months later...
Guest RogerSanchez

Love to see this hardcover book clutch and box. Many are created this in home only, there are having various ways to create the clutch purse and carry bags from the hardcover. 

• 1 month later...

Archived