Do you think I have fake BB cream? Help!

Guest PotatoesAreEpic

Guest PotatoesAreEpic

So, I took a gamble and ordered some BB cream off of Amazon. I ordered Missha Perfect Cover #13 from Seoulglamour and it was shipped promptly. I received it far before the expected date, delightfully. I opened it up and everything looks legit. Everything is spelled correctly on the packaging and the bottle itself looks exactly how it should. Seoulglamour has a 5 star rating. However, the product itself feels really heavy on my skin. It doesn't look that bad, but it feels really chalky on me. I'm not sure if it's due to the high SPF or if the product isn't authentic.

Investigation of Seoulglamour has come up inconclusive. I've read several reviews of girls claiming that they received fake skin79 VIP GOLD from this seller but then went on to say that "everything was legit looking except the letters scratched off really easily!" Honestly, I have bought VIP GOLD from both the Skin79 official website AND prettyandcute.com and the letters have all COMPLETELY wore off by the time I was done with them. I know these were the real products because one was the official website and the other is a very trusted authorized seller of Skin79 merchandise. So I don't know if these girls actually received fake product or not.
Not only that, but Seoulglamour has a 5 star rating and they don't ever disappear randomly or do anything suspicious in nature other than be a seller of BB creams on Amazon.

I'm not sure if this product simply isn't right for my skin or if I really have a fake product. Can you guys shed some light on this? I've been thinking about buying some from the seller "rubyruby" on ebay as I have verification from several blogs saying that this seller is completely legit, including bubzbeauty, who I have been watching on youtube many for years, and comparing how the two products are. I mean, it's only $12 on rubyruby's store so it's not THAT much. But I don't know if it's needed or not. Help?

i'm currently using missha perfect cover no. 23 and it does feel heavy on the skin.. heavier than most bb creams like skin79, etc. maybe because it offers more coverage than most bbs. i'm not sure about it being chalky upon application though because mine looks just fine after applying but maybe it differs from shade to shade? do you mind posting some photos? anyway there's this post about fake missha bb cream  http://jiny0ung.tumblr.com/post/15473140471/so-hay-guys maybe this can help you! :)

Guest PotatoesAreEpic

rosetic said: i'm currently using missha perfect cover no. 23 and it does feel heavy on the skin.. heavier than most bb creams like skin79, etc. maybe because it offers more coverage than most bbs. i'm not sure about it being chalky upon application though because mine looks just fine after applying but maybe it differs from shade to shade? do you mind posting some photos? anyway there's this post about fake missha bb cream  http://jiny0ung.tumblr.com/post/15473140471/so-hay-guys maybe this can help you! :)

Guest PotatoesAreEpic

Well, after comparing my BB cream to the post, everything seems to be completely legit. I would post pictures, but I'm limited to only a cell phone camera and all my attempts to take pictures turn out blurry. (I'm really sorry!)

After this, I really think that I have the real deal and it just doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm kind of disappointed since I heard this was a really good BB cream and I was drawn to the high SPF. But they aren't nearly as wonderful feeling on my skin as skin79. VIP Gold is so thick and buttery but in a really good way. And it makes my skin look flawless. I just wish it had higher SPF and all my attempts at trying to layer a sunscreen underneath it usually reacted badly with the BB cream causing it to look really cakey. -sigh- Oh well. But it DOES help my acne even though it feels heavy and doesn't look as nice.

I am currently using both Missha BB creams no. 21 for the winter and no. 23 for the summer time and they are not heavy at all...they are pretty light, but offers that much needed coverage. 
have you checked the expiration on your BB cream? I find that the longer the BB cream has been sitting, the heavier and less liquid consistency they tend to have. LOL that is how I found out the hard way when I got a sample pack (small tube size thank god!) and had that happen to me because i totally forgot I had it.  I ordered mine directly from Missha and well...i find that its pretty hard to even scratch off the lettering (I just tried to do it LOL) , its pretty set on the container. If you can scratch it out, then yeah...I would say its a fake. 
I try to buy my bb creams when its on sale. I like Missha bb cream so far, and would probably continue to buy it because it works for me. if possible, maybe you can look on the web site during a holiday or something, they always have combo sales. that is how I bought a lot of my Missha products for half the cost! 
if the BB cream is too heavy for you, why do you instead use it as a concealer instead. 
wish you luck. 

@Rosetic thanks for the link http://jiny0ung.tumblr.com/post/15473140471/so-hay-guys 
However, I am NOT in agreement with the comment about the black and white marking at the back of the BB creams. the only reason for this is because I bought my BB creams from Missha DIRECTLY. unless there is a store out there that is mimicking missha website. 
http://www.misshaus.com/ctrl.php?page=index 
this is the Missha USA store that i buy my bb creams from. my BB cream has the Black mark on it, other then that, its the only "different" thing against all things that claim a "fake" product. the color is darker red then the fake, the tube seems to have no air in it and dips in the center to show air tight seal, as well as the cap does not twist off at all. -

Guest PotatoesAreEpic

TeaHouse said: I am currently using both Missha BB creams no. 21 for the winter and no. 23 for the summer time and they are not heavy at all...they are pretty light, but offers that much needed coverage. 
have you checked the expiration on your BB cream? I find that the longer the BB cream has been sitting, the heavier and less liquid consistency they tend to have. LOL that is how I found out the hard way when I got a sample pack (small tube size thank god!) and had that happen to me because i totally forgot I had it.  I ordered mine directly from Missha and well...i find that its pretty hard to even scratch off the lettering (I just tried to do it LOL) , its pretty set on the container. If you can scratch it out, then yeah...I would say its a fake. 
I try to buy my bb creams when its on sale. I like Missha bb cream so far, and would probably continue to buy it because it works for me. if possible, maybe you can look on the web site during a holiday or something, they always have combo sales. that is how I bought a lot of my Missha products for half the cost! 
if the BB cream is too heavy for you, why do you instead use it as a concealer instead. 
wish you luck. 

@Rosetic thanks for the link http://jiny0ung.tumblr.com/post/15473140471/so-hay-guys 
However, I am NOT in agreement with the comment about the black and white marking at the back of the BB creams. the only reason for this is because I bought my BB creams from Missha DIRECTLY. unless there is a store out there that is mimicking missha website. 
this is the Missha USA store that i buy my bb creams from. my BB cream has the Black mark on it, other then that, its the only "different" thing against all things that claim a "fake" product. the color is darker red then the fake, the tube seems to have no air in it and dips in the center to show air tight seal, as well as the cap does not twist off at all. -

TeaHouse said: @Rosetic thanks for the link http://jiny0ung.tumblr.com/post/15473140471/so-hay-guys 

Guest nana544

I also order from the same place and seller that you did. I believe they are legit because it looks real and it was not feel cakey or chalky for me. Maybe it just your skin type??? Mine was the Missha no.23. This seller does shipped from S.K. because that's where the products are coming from, one of their store in S.K. I don't think it's fake because I have ordered from them twice already and the product are the same. I really like it.

• 8 months later...
Guest kaihui08

I know this thread is super old, but I am super concern about my missha bb cream
A few weeks ago, I bought no. 23 from www.sasa.com. a few days ago, I bought no. 27 (cuz i got darker) from an asian cometic store in the San Gabriel area in California.  However, the containers are completely different.....
The 23 one has only korean writings while the 27 has some English writings on it and I can see through the bottle to see how much I have in there. is this normal??? i thought i bought legit ones because I bought one from sasa.com and the other at a real store!!
please help!
Is this common for missha bb cream to have?

Guest kaihui08

ohh I see!! essentially, they have two types of packaging then? I really do hope  so.
I got paranoid  when my sister tried to use my bb cream (the no. 27 one) and she said it smells bad. Got home and sniff both my no. 23 and no. 27 and they smelled the same. She said that it smells like old people.....=_____=
But thanks for your response!! =)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest molang

I have order from Rubyruby shop on ebay. Fast shipping and great product. I order skin79 because it feel better on my skin. Missha is too thin, or too thick for me. 

• 1 year later...
Guest baowiak

Hi, I purchased the Peach Pore Sake Skin Food BB cream about a 2 weeks ago. Online - in my country there's no other option to do so, hence I was somehow forced to do it in such a way.
The problem is - the packing of my BB cream is slightly, but still different from what I can google. Also - it's impossible to find any site that compares this specific fake and real BB. Could somebody tell me if it's possible for such a cream to be original?

The main differences - at the front label I have 3 lines of text, the products shown in the WEB - 4 (although the meaning is almost the same - I have "keep" instead of "maintain" and "healthy" instead of "healthy and lovely"). At the back - I have a big text "OTHER" that I cannot spot at the pics found in the Internet. What's more - the golden letters printed on apples at the front can be easily scrubbed with a finger. 

Still - the cream itself looks good - as it should, has proper colour and smell.

Big thanks for any help <3

[First two photos are of my product. The next two - taken from Google]

9pq6u9.jpg
flemad.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RZeg33G0Z5s/T5Fke67njcI/AAAAAAAAKbY/L_Z_rD-YgkU/s1600/SkinFoodBBCreamPeachLabel.jpghttp://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu29/KimokoMasada/SFPeachSakeBB.jpg

Archived