Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mystery 'monster' animal washes up on New York beach - video

sugarplum892sugarplum892 USAPosts: 11,040Moderator

edited July 2012 in current events
A strange-looking creature has become the subject of conspiracy theories in New York.

A dead animal washed up on a New York beach last week, with people debating that it is either a dog, a pig, a giant rat or some form of mutant beast, reports The Telegraph.

The New York Parks Department have stated that it is a pig that has become bloated after being in the river, but it appears to have toes instead of hooves.

The animal was found by Denise Ginley, who photographed it after walking under the Brooklyn Bridge.

Mrs Ginley said: "We were horrified by it and we took some camera phone pictures and then finally we decided to come back with my camera and I got up the courage to climb over the fence and get closer to it.

"I definitely agree that the feet are not pig-like at all. No hooves or cloven feet to be seen it definitely had five toes on all its paws, front and back."

She added: "I think it could be a monstrously huge rat, but it could also be a monster. A rat that big would pretty much be a monster anyway, wouldn't it?"

An online writer later launched a conspiracy theory, stating: "I don't think it's purely coincidence that these unidentifiable creatures have washed up on shores around Plum Island where the government has their Center for Animal Diseases.

"I think these poor things are lab experiments the govt doesn't want us to know about."

However, a New York Parks Department officer said: "It was a pig left over from a cookout. We disposed of it.

"It was a roasted pig we threw it out. We didn't count its toes, we just threw it out."

·

Replies

• MusoMuso The Master Of All Pokemon! USAPosts: 2,762Member

SUPERSTAR

It looks like a pig cause of the face and the ears and how big it is, but it's feet are not.
    Maybe its a mix breed and maybe whoever created it, didn't like it and wanted to get rid of it?
    greenana
    ·
  • ForeverPiForeverPi Posts: 124Member

ROOKIE

What lies. Only idiots would believe that mutant is a pig --;

greenana
    ·
  • AlyM37AlyM37 United StatesPosts: 1,485Member

IDOL

the government always trying to cover up things.... [-(
    Super Junior. Big Bang. B2ST. SNSD. BoA. Hyori. 2PM. Shinhwa.2NE1
    "Live as if you'll die tomorrow. Dream as if you'll live forever."
    Follow me on instagram! --> kfan37
    greenanaaiCheerioAlexa
    ·
  • Boomx2BrianBoomx2Brian Posts: 2,515Member

IDOL

So they figured out it was a pig, but still chose to do a segment on it, of which 80% is still portraying the pig as a some kind of monster. Talk about a slow news day. 
    greenanafabrications.
    ·
  • MythnoonAMythnoonA Mi Guk Nuna Posts: 5,040Friend of Soompi

IDOL

poor creature (if it was formerly alive, and not something made on a movie set ) looks suspiciously like the one that was found on a beach (also in ny) a few years ago. 

superhumanchichi
    ·
  • HERMITHERMIT Posts: 10,642Friend of Soompi

EXALTED ONE

I find this highly upsetting.

Somehow and somewhere, some poor soul lost their job at KFC due to their negligence.

greenanavurea
    ·
  • bonbonsbonbons The MUA D.C. baby!Posts: 5,754Member

IDOL

half rat, half pig. Ratpig. 

greenana
    ·
  • ~ BunnyliciouS ~~ BunnyliciouS ~ Mum OregonPosts: 26,457Friend of Soompi

SUPERSTAR

agh i'll have nightmare

itrayya
    ·
  • moonk379moonk379 washingtonPosts: 1,248Member
    always wondered about the roasted pig that got away in that one episode of simpsons and i guess this is the result xD
    ....cuz the music left wit you.
    greenanaForeverPi
    ·
  • greenanagreenana Posts: 1,255Member

IDOL

Whatever it is, it doesn't look good. Eck.
    I'm bullet proof no good to you, fire away fire away...
    ·
  • superhumanchichisuperhumanchichi Chichi~licious New YorkPosts: 2,427Moderator

Reminds me a bit of that "Montauk monster" from a few years back.
    Diamond Stardust  
    MythnoonA
    ·
  • LightbugLightbug Posts: 152Member

ROOKIE

We're all wanting to know...

What does it taste like?  I bet it's good eatin' :)

Seriously, you can't help but wonder ;)
    ·
  • monkeyinabarrelmonkeyinabarrel Posts: 1,371Member

IDOL

Roasted Pig! Roasted Pig! Does whatever a roasted pig does! can he make the news on the web? Yes he can He's a pig! Lookout! Here comes the roasted pig!!

I had to..

·
  • itrayyaitrayya latchkey princess. California.Posts: 7,221Friend of Soompi

IDOL

agh i'll have nightmare
    ^ me too! eeeek!
    ·
  • ReplayMVPReplayMVP Mrs. Ohno V-Town, NYPosts: 604Member

IDOL

I can see how it resembles a pig.
    A pretty messed up pig.

·
  • NPB-XKNPB-XK Thread Hijacker Area-Sexy-One - MontrPosts: 5,222Member

SUPERSTAR

agh i'll have nightmare
    There are uglier stuff alive than that dead bloated rotten whatever pig it was.
    So no nightmare for me. I'll sleep well.
    Quebecker image Style
    ·
  • loveandhatredloveandhatred Sydney, OZPosts: 294Member
    hmm...reminds me of the body of a mermaid that was found years ago that turns out to be a human-made sculpture:  
    c)b4rd
    ·
  • rainiraini Snob ♥ Brat SoEul-landPosts: 2,098Friend of Soompi

IDOL

doesn't look like a pig to me. esp not the feet or face. The ears should be thinner too. It still looks like a dog to me after watching the vid. But can't imagine why it's fur is gone.
    icon © daryl
    currently on indefinite soompi haitus!
    c r e a m s a v e r s reading  | writing
    ·