Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Drama 2012] Answer Me 1997 응답하라 1997

Replies

• princess lisaprincess lisa Posts: 25Member

intoxd said:

If people have smartphones..there's an app called tving that stars4u mentionned. Just download it and you can watch Reply 1997 on live stream!!

I've downloaded tving app but it's in Korean...

How do I use it?
    susu89
  • intoxdintoxd Posts: 110Member

IDOL

intoxd said:

If people have smartphones..there's an app called tving that stars4u mentionned. Just download it and you can watch Reply 1997 on live stream!!

How do I use it?

When you open the app, wait till the homepage loads. Then you'll see the main channels they are streaming with their ratings I believe. You can see MBC, SBS etc. and TvN is the 3rd one. Click on it and wait a while for the video to load ^^ Hope that helps!
    30k9dup.png
    Proud YongSeo shipper and kdrama addict <3
    LET'S SPAZZ TOGETHER: twitter
  • princess lisaprincess lisa Posts: 25Member
    intoxd said:

intoxd said:

How do I use it?

When you open the app, wait till the homepage loads. Then you'll see the main channels they are streaming with their ratings I believe. You can see MBC, SBS etc. and TvN is the 3rd one. Click on it and wait a while for the video to load ^^ Hope that helps!
    The video is loading but something pops out in korean writing. Doesn't seem to work :(
  • wttu11wttu11 Posts: 16Member
    intoxd said:

intoxd said:

How do I use it?

The video is loading but something pops out in korean writing. Doesn't seem to work :(
    yeah it says you need to sign up.. i went on the website (type tvn in google chrome) and it says you need to have an.. korean identification number (which i clearly dont have since i dont live in korea :( )

IDOL

edited September 2012
    intoxd said:

intoxd said:

How do I use it?

Hmm..just click on the popup? If there's two buttons, then click on the one on the left, it's probably the "accept" button while the right is "refuse/cancel" ? Sorry, I don't remember seeing a popup :s
    30k9dup.png
  • kickazzkriskickazzkris simpliiiciiityyyy♥ Posts: 2,853Member

SUPERSTAR

edited September 2012
    @belleselena

Thanks for the recap! Ahhhh! Too many feels! ohemgeee...is that what SW said to TW after he gave her that key ring?!

and the YJ/SW conversations!..

^^this pretty much sums me up every time I watch this drama!

gif credit to: stephunnir

nadya240knutscamr_jemr
  • shezasheza Posts: 645Member

SUPERSTAR

Tving needs registration and it is all in Korean!
  • coffeeboycoffeeboy Posts: 325Member

IDOL

Eja wrote: »
    chandra_kumari said:<br />

@chandra_kumari Precisely the reasons why I am wondering. DB/DF can make mistakes too... and the romanisations never got corrected (when it even showed at a few times in the drama that his name is 윤윤제. They romanise an actress' name as Jin Sae Yeon too, when it should be Jin Se Yeon. T.T<br />
    <br />
    I am so sorry, but I'm really bothered by the romanisation... Pretty trivial for others, but I'm just dumbfounded... and clueless as to why. There might be another reason that I don't know... for all I know...

Hmmm even drama wiki has him named as yoon yoon jae. I do think i get your point though it never really bothered me. I'm not familiar with the korean alphabet or the romanization of korean names so I have to rely on the sites and how the bloggers spell/write them.
    Is it possible that yoonje can be both romanized as joon jae or joonje? I'm not sure but nearly all blogs write joon jae with the exemption of blue's and Bella's blog.

@sheza
    I rewatched that part but there was no such reaction from shi won. She stood up because eun dokki held her hand out for a shake and she was definitely addressing shi won for the handshake. As for the "love confession" to yoon jae / yoonje she looked and smiled.
    I can help answer this. According to the official romanization system adopted in Korea, Yoon Jae/Yoon Je/Yoonje's name should be spelled "Yunje," "Yun-je," or "Yun Je."

However, names of people are the one exception to the official romanization system and can be spelled as the name owner wishes. Technically, "Jae" is equivalent to 재 and not 제. And if this syllable was used to romanize a name of a city or a Korean word, it would be outright wrong. But with a person's name, I don't think it's a big deal either way. For instance, although I know it's "wrong", I've always preferred 윤 to be romanized as Yoon as opposed to Yun. In contrast, I've always been nitpicky about 제 being "Je" and 재 being "Jae," so I choose to go by the romanization rule here.

You can read more about romanization of Korean names here:

If i'm not mistaken people who write "Yoonjae" , they use the McCune-Reischaur transcription wich was used by people before korean gouvernement made an "official" one. It's easier to use (doesn't depend on the hageul but the pronounciation) then the official one, so people use it more.

Oh and also i think there's no rule for name trascription.
  • shezasheza Posts: 645Member

SUPERSTAR

@stars4u appreciated what you have recapped so far. Thanks heaps!
  • hafunohanehafunohane Posts: 61Member
    @stars4u are you live streaming ep14 now????? omo, thank youuuuuu!
  • kickazzkriskickazzkris simpliiiciiityyyy♥ Posts: 2,853Member

SUPERSTAR

@stars4u

OMO! thank you for the recap as well! did they end episode 14 like that?! Ahhhhhhh! Wae! 

IDOL

OMG GUYYYYYYYS. The episodes were DAEBAK!!! I don't wanna spoil it for anyone but it was so awesome!!

I couldn't understand a thing, but what I did see was pure awesomeness!!! Anyways, I can't wait for subs :DD

30k9dup.png
    hafunohane
  • NiwatorisamaNiwatorisama Posts: 63Member
    SOMEONE UPLOAD THE RAW OR I'LL DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    kickazzkrisshezadapinaymrs
  • stars4ustars4u Florida, USAPosts: 722Member

IDOL

edited September 2012
    @stars4u are you live streaming ep14 now????? omo, thank youuuuuu!
    the ep is done...

yep, I was streaming it via mobile using tving but it stops every few secs before the pop up comes and i have to press back and back again so that it streams for a few secs and the cycle continues. The website works too but then it takes time for it to reload and there's an ad that plays before the streaming starts. If the prompt pops up that I need to register I just reload the page and same cycle continues... it's quite tiresome really.

Watching tVN used to be easy when Solive was free.

@stars4u

OMO! thank you for the recap as well! did they end episode 14 like that?! Ahhhhhhh! Wae! 
    Nope, the ep ended back in the 2012 reunion where Shi-won's dad wanted to talk to "Yoon son-in-law" and the camera spans on both brothers on the phone. so vague... but my bet is on Yoon-jae!
    Now Watching:
    It's Okay It's Love  |  Fated to Love You  |  The Night Watchmen  |  Marriage, Not Dating  
    Glorious Day  |  Triangle 
    We Got Married  |  Running Man  |  Superman is Back  |  B1A4 One Fine Day | Youth Over Flowers
    crunchykfan13kickazzkristiacosashafunohane
  • ZarraJaeZarraJae I♥JYJ Posts: 2,750Member

LEGEND

@stars4u :)) :)) :D :D Just dying here! Thank you soooo much. So it's pretty much game over for TW...yayyyy
  • chopsticksandspoonchopsticksandspoon MARCH 24, 1998 SHINHWA LANDPosts: 2,375Member
    edited September 2012

Thanks to @semi-fly for the download link~ 

I haven't checked torrentrg yet so this is really fast! I usually download my torrents from there so I didn't know you also post links here :D Thanks a bunch!

I'll be waiting for the link for Episode 14! Oh it's already posted! WOW!

• heorungnghenhacheorungnghenhac Posts: 105Member

ROOKIE

edited September 2012
    I was never this obsessed be4. Coughing and running nose, but still sitting here waiting for Raw to be done.
    I've f5 like crazy to read recap on Vingle, and...No need to confirm anymore. It's really game over for Tae Woong. Poor him, but anyway, he will find another good lady to be president-to-be's first lady.
    Next week I hope to see some funny dating scenes of our couple.

edit:
    by the way, thank you very much for the Raw link (h) ...I 'm sure a lot of people will turn crazy(include me) if cannot see the K tonight...