Welcome to our new site!

melkimx

Welcome back, Soompiers!

We are excited to present the open beta version of Soompi 3.0! Our new site has been built from the ground up to give you an improved experience in terms of stability, speed, and design. We hope you will find it to be faster and more stable. We also hope you will enjoy all the new features we have to offer, such as autosave drafts, tags, badges, and better integration between the main site and forum content.

The site is still in beta mode, and as such, there are still a few problems we need to solve. The most significant issue is that users cannot edit their forum posts. (During the closed beta, it seemed that users were able to edit their posts, but when we were migrating the data, we noticed some problems for the first time. At that point, it was a choice between keeping the site offline until we could fix it, or opening up the site but not allowing people to edit their forum posts; we went with the latter option because we thought you would prefer it.) Other issues are that the old reputation points do not currently show up on the posts (though they do in people's profiles), and there are also some problems with formatting in certain posts and signatures. We expect to solve these problems within the next few days and weeks. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Those of you who are having trouble logging in may need to try accessing the site through the left panel, as shown below:

login.jpg

Other than that, please let us know if you find any errors or have any questions! You can reply to this thread or start a new topic in this forum, or you can email support@soompi.com with your input. For technical issues, it helps if you can provide screenshots as well as tell us which operating system and browser you use. Your input is necessary for us to be able to identify and fix the problems, so please help us by letting us know what we need to improve!

Thanks for all your patience and support! Our staff has worked very hard to bring you this site, and we really hope that it's been worth the effort!

- Team Soompi

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congratulations on the new site...for now im kinda confused w/ this haha will work this out. Personally i find it too bright?and the font seems smaller than before?idk my eyes will adjust to this soon. Fighting Soompi!

Guest Fal-chan

Site looks great, but I have a (possibly dumb) issue with it. In the old forum we could "follow" certain threads that we were interested in, so it was a lot easier to find out if they had any updates or anything. Is that feature still available in this version, and if so how does one go about using it? I can't seem to find it!

The site looks great :) Very modern and different.

But the problem is that, how do I track the posts/topics I posted? In the old forum it got this, unless I am missing something. It would help a bit if you guys have a tutorial to show a bit around the forum.

Guest *alodia*

I love the new site! Yes, I still need a lot of time to get use to it, but it doesn't matter. It's awesome! And I'm glad to know you are working on the editing issue. :) Keep it up!

Guest Musval

I was really surprised when I opened Soompi, but it looks really nice! I think it'll take some time for me to get used to it and figure out all the new features, but so far I'm really liking it. The forum also works a lot faster.

Thanks for your hard work!

Guest peekaboo67

Congrats for all the hard work!!! really loving the new site. didnt explore it yet but it looks great!!! thank you for all your hard work!!! =D>

Guest iSimplicityy

Gorgeous update for Soompi~ I love the new look ^^

Though the pinned threads are no longer pinned and I'm finding it hard to navigate the forums without the forum markers.

But hopefully I'll get used to that soon...

Will the pinned threads be pinned again or will they remain like this?

Archived