Leggings!

Guest beyondrocks

Guest beyondrocks

for ugly legs?
i totally adore leggings but i have thick calves and short legs though i'm tall. i was wondering if i'll look short and stubby in leggings?

what kind of leggings should i wear? below knee type or till the ankles type or full length leggings??

please advice i really need help!

thanks so much in advance :D

Guest supermonkey

Hmmm can u post a few body shot of u with leggings on? that would allow us to see what suits you and what doesnt. But from what u desscribe,

i think if the leggings are below ur knees it should be alright, as long as the ends dont have any type of lace because that may make ur calves look thicker as it brings attention to ur "thick" calves. Hope this helps =]

i have really chubby legs too, but i look ok in leggings..doesn't make my legs look too bad...you should NEVER wear leggings that end right above the ankles..i've noticed that even people with chicken legs don't look good in those xD

Guest PrettyFly

i'd go for knee high socks if i were you..since you're short, this will elongate your legs and at the same time will make it slim-looking. I have a slim body but my prob is that i have quite chubby legs, so that's what i do also.

Guest Yangie12

I think the knee type leggings are the best. I will go for a normal colour like black or white? Because if you wear -for example- red, the attention will go to the your legs. And that is you don't want to right? x)

I like to wear mid-calf leggings with boots. Like a large slouchy boot. I think the attention on the shoe makes your legs slimmer and also a high heel boot would elongate your legs. I have always stuck to basic black leggings but I think it would be fun to branch out into more colors.

Guest 4ever_sweet

I think Leggings goes with ALL types of legs. My legs aren't the best-looking either (it's thick too!), but with leggings, it looks really nice and slim. I suggest getting the mid-calf length (~20"), and black.

i have thick calves too.

i just wear the leggings that end right underneath the knees.

and for a slimming effect, try wearing baggy or loose boots that go to your shins.

it makes my calves look like they reduced 2 inches lol x]

Guest Sunshine 60

Full length and black leggings will give you the best effect in terms of lengthening the legs. That and it goes with a lot more outfits (and must warmer in winter!)

Sock will have more restraint, if your legs happen to be fat...I guess. But they also add some bulk. Make sure the socks to to at least the knee.

No no no no white leggings. It'll do just the opposite if you want to slim your legs. It'll draw attention and really expand them -_-;;;

And I would be wary on knee length leggings, but don't go for mid calf. It'll cut off the vertical line of your leg and make it look shorter and fatter, especially since they stop at around the thickest part of your calf. Same principle with the knee lengths, but at least they stop at the narrowest part. Well, if you want to show off your shapely legs!

Guest mr. lovely

I think full-length works the best, too. Heck, just wear stockings/tights ;D Leggings don't work as well with a lot of things, imo. Especially the under-the-knee leggings.

Guest breathenonstop

if you have thick calves then definitely not below the knee o_O; because then your thighs, which are already in proportion, slim down D: and your calves stand out more. *has fat calves X_X*

Guest deportedkorean

Full length and black leggings will give you the best effect in terms of lengthening the legs. That and it goes with a lot more outfits (and must warmer in winter!)

Sock will have more restraint, if your legs happen to be fat...I guess. But they also add some bulk. Make sure the socks to to at least the knee.

No no no no white leggings. It'll do just the opposite if you want to slim your legs. It'll draw attention and really expand them -_- ;;;

And I would be wary on knee length leggings, but don't go for mid calf. It'll cut off the vertical line of your leg and make it look shorter and fatter, especially since they stop at around the thickest part of your calf. Same principle with the knee lengths, but at least they stop at the narrowest part. Well, if you want to show off your shapely legs!

omg, you just totally took EVERY SINGLE WORD from my fingertips. I read this all in a magazine once and took the advice, and i live by it (i'm 5'3"...on the short side)

sum it up:

-no mid calf/knee leggings

-no white (black looks best)

-long leggings are best (or even better: stirrup leggings)

-avoid socks that cut off anywhere below the knee

below knee leggings are def. a no no, well for me at least. haha..

i say go for the ankle length leggings or even better the full length.

stick with black...cause it hides alot of flaws.

Archived