Has Anyone Bought From Dhgate?

Guest deportedkorean

Guest deportedkorean

"authentic" designer bags
http://www.dhgate.com/

It's like a Chinese version of Gmarket (sort of), but with english (however, some of the sellers have bad grammar lol).

The sellers on the site claim their bags are fully "authentic" (it's wholesale, and they say it's "overproduction" items from china...which sounds like a valid reason for the price...sort of)...anyways, anyone know anything or have ordered from DHGate before (designer bag or not)?

Guest shim shim hae

http://www.thinkblogger.org/dhgatecom-is-a-scam

its understandable that you want designer brand clothing/bags and whatnot. but 99% of the designer items being sold online are fake.

if you want something nice, save up your money and buy it at the store. don't buy designer brands online.

you're not going to find lv bags online at walmart prices.

I just googled it cuz I was curious. There's mixed reviews-- some sellers fake their feedback and sell fake items (like cell phones, lots of electronics, etc.). But like eBay of course there's gonna be scammers, you just have to be careful.

Found this was helpful--

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?p=3266493

one of the replies from the website above:

Conclusion:

* Not all feedbacks are fake. I see my feedbacks up all the time for the products im happy with. I see my negative ones too.

* Shipping is shady, unless someone else can prove my previous comment wrong.

* Be careful with brand-name products, check feedback, and even THEN be careful. People want a quick fix and quick money. They could sell you cheap stuff and never be seen again. Its happened countless times and has been posted on countless forums, which in the end gives these types of websites a bad name.

* If you are VERY careful and do not mind shelling out a bit of money to test these products yourself, it could be profitable.

* CECT P168 (iphone clone) is a waste. Even if its tri-band or quad-band, you will have limited functions, no java games , and NO support if it breaks down. Its a 'crushed dream', at best.

* For future reference, I go into depth and ramble on in all my posts, in every forum I am on.

Overall Rating: 5.5/10

Reason: The site is good with nice ideals, but the suppliers are stingy. China is, nonetheless, one of the counterfeit capitals of the world. So be wary.

http://www.thinkblogger.org/dhgatecom-is-a-scam

its understandable that you want designer brand clothing/bags and whatnot. but 99% of the designer items being sold online are fake.

if you want something nice, save up your money and buy it at the store. don't buy designer brands online.

you're not going to find lv bags online at walmart prices.

and yet...the bags are made at prices that even walmart wouldn't stoop to.

fascinating. :mellow:

Guest deportedkorean

^isnt that disgusting? I've got a gucci bag for christmas a while back and the quality isnt any better than my bag from charlotte russe...

...sometimes i think "quality" isnt worth shelling out a grand for a bag...no one is buying it for quality...and even if it lasts 5 years...will you still be carrying it since it's "outdated"?

but it's true, designer bags dont cost much to make...

...anyways back to the topic, the links were quite useful (thank you). a lot of those people bought electronics though (like ipods, i'd NEVER buy ipods from anyone besides the apple store...that's when quality REALLY matters). Anywho, they were mentioning something about "reliable sellers"...and i guess you gotta shop around to find one...ugh.

Guest LitoYammy

LOL Where in the world can you get a real Gucci bag for $20. X: The site looks professional and all but a lot of the stuff being sold seems way too cheap to be true. ):

• 3 years later...

Archived