Marcus Madrigal as Victorino

Irma Idlawan as Silva

Maricel Morales as Flor

Leandro Baldemor as Brando

Ella Cruz as Young Marimar

Nicole Dulalia as Young Angelika

Gabriel Roxas as Young Sergio

earlier synopsis: (credit; wikipedia)

Gustavo marries Lupita despite his mother's disapproval of their relationship. Things became more complicated when Lupita bore Gustavo a daughter - Marimar. Dolores, Gustavo's mother, believes that Lupita married her son only for their wealth, and thus, will do everything to separate the two of them.

Dolores then drugs Lupita and hires a man, setting them up to make it look like Lupita was having an affair. Gustavo is devastated to find Lupita sleeping with another man unknown to him that it was a plot by his own mother. Dolores then demands Lupita to leave their property and never to come back into her son's life.

It is too late, however, when Gustavo finds out the treachery of Dolores. He can no longer find Lupita or his daughter, who have gone into hiding. Lupita promises to her daughter that one day, she, Marimar, will clear their names and claim what is rightfully hers. Gustavo then leaves his parents and decided to live alone in Manila, not losing hope that one day, he would find his wife and daughter.

Seven years had passed, but Gustavo's efforts to locate the whereabouts of Lupita and Marimar remained fruitless. One day, Esperanza visits him, carrying with her the news of Gustavo's parents' fatal accident. Despite his ill feelings towards his mother, Gustavo went home to finally put closure to his past.

While visiting the grave of his parents, Silva came by to inform Gustavo the whereabouts of Lupita and Marimar. Gustavo did not waste any time and went to rebuild his family again. Lupita manages to forgive Gustavo to the delight of Marimar who was delighted to finally meet her father.

On their way back to Manila, the passenger plane on which the family are crashes into the sea which caused them to be separated from each other. Gustavo once again loses the family he had tried hard to rebuild. Lupita is later found, dead and Marimar was nowhere to be found.

Marimar is washed ashore to the next island. She is found by a childless couple, Cruz and Pancho, and upon discovering that Marimar suffers from amnesia, decide upon themselves to raise Marimar as their own grandaughter. Lola Cruz would eventually name her Marimar after seeing Marimar's pendant necklace.

Marimar then grew into an innocent naive young woman, whose complicated and tormented life began when she agreed to marry Sergio Santibañez for the latter's reason to have revenge against his father, Renato and Sergio's ex-girlfriend, Angelika, who turned to be his new stepmother. Marimar was then subjected to the cruelty of Angelika in the Santibañez mansion. Here starts Marimar’s awakening to the harsh reality of what her love for Sergio has done to her.

Fate then began to favor the once oppressed Marimar when she decided to leave San Martin dela Costa after suffering much from the Santibañez household and the death of her adoptive grandparents from a fire under Angelika's order. Marimar changed her identity, as well as her name, into Bella. In the city, she gave birth to a beautiful baby girl that she named Cruzita after the name of her Lola Cruz. Marimar did not allow the child's father, Sergio, to see her, believing that Sergio had left her for good.

After many years of searching, Gustavo had finally seen her daughter, Marimar, but since the latter had changed her name into Bella, Gustavo did not recognize her at first. Natalia, an insane and ambitious provincial lass from San Martin dela Costa who also hated Marimar snatched up Marimar's pendant, which would prove the identity of Gustavo's missing daughter and heiress. Natalia began pretending to be Gustavo's missing daughter yet,her deception did not last long as Marimar's lost memory came back and she was later on proved to be an imposter. When Gustavo had finally acknowledged Marimar as his daughter, he died from a heart attack, leaving the countless wealth of the Aldamas to her. With the help of her Tia Esperanza and Innocencia, Marimar had completely transformed herself from a poor and naive lass into a rich and sophisticated woman: Bella Aldama.

As she returns back, how will she turn the tables on Sergio and all the others who once looked down on her?

recent happenings:

Sergio has found out that his loving (fake) wife, Marimar, and his daughter, Cruzita, is alive afterall. After finding out Sergio has hidden that their wedding was fake this whole time, she tries to keep herself and her daughter away from Sergio as much as possible to avoid being hurt even more. Angelika's purpose is still to ruin Marimar's life, while her husband, Renato, is in a coma.

air times:

weeknights after "My Only Love"

links:

wikipedia

official Marimar GMA site

watch the episodes on youtube (thanks to tribalengel@yt)

marian rivera forums:

marianrivera.net

mariangracia.proboards74.com

OST:

Marimar - Theme Song sung by Regine Velasquez

Mahal Kita sung by Maricris Garcia

official pictures:

I never watch Filipino dramas because much of them are typical (actually all of them haha..), but this one is very very different. I've learned it is a remake of a spanish drama. Anyway, I love the show Marimar and wouldn't dare to miss an episode anymore. I recommend watching it! I wouldn't be recommending it if I didn't actually want to watch it! :]

Post all pictures, news, discussions, questions, here!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pandoras0nymph

hey, thanks for posting this... i love marimar!!!

home_main-7.jpg

MariMar fever blazes nationwide

Article posted December 6, 2007

GMA Network has definitely found a gem in its local adaptation of the hit Mexican telenovela MariMar. Not only has the “filipinized” MariMar surpassed the viewership of the original series in its initial run – which was already deemed phenomenal at that time; it has now created a nationwide fever that makes people rush home every night to catch each episode of the No. 1 TV series. Press release courtesy of GMA Network. Photos by Jason John S. Lim and Xylen A. Punelas. Record-breaking

The viewers’ growing interest in the exciting development in MariMar’s story is translated into the unparalleled rating posted by the show every night. The program has soared to a record-breaking 49.5% overnight rating and still consistently garners 40+ ratings to this day (based on AGB Nielsen Mega Manila Households data) – usually more than double the viewership ratings posted by its rival show. Furthermore, nationwide ratings data provided by the NUTAM (National Urban TV Audience Measurement) survey show that MariMar is indeed the country’s number one TV show.

marimar_presscon_03a3.jpg

On top of the fast-paced treatment and effective visuals by directors Joyce Bernal and Mac Alejandre, MariMar’s success is attributed to the compelling story that has appealed to viewers of all ages, gender and social classes. Add to that the convincing portrayal of the actors, and we have a TV show that is perfectly fit for the Filipino taste. MariMar has also done wonders to the popularity of its cast – especially the career of Marian Rivera, the versatile actress chosen to play the title role; and Dingdong Dantes, the home-grown GMA actor who admits that playing the role of Sergio Santibañez has brought him overwhelming fame.

Don’t miss it!

MariMar’s story gets more gripping in its upcoming episodes as Bella Aldama (the new identity MariMar assumed after she shunned her bitter past as a naïve and carefree barrio lass who was easily used and fooled by anyone) continues her revenge against everyone who has caused her pain. She is now the owner of Villa Santibañez (the luxury resort owned by Sergio’s family), which she renamed to Villa Aldama, and threw out the conceited and power-tripping Angelika (Katrina Halili), who is now reduced to pimping herself to perverted old men.

Deep in her heart, Bella/MariMar still loves Sergio, but her anger at his betrayal has masked all her affection for him with sheer hatred. To further spite Sergio, Bella/MariMar agrees to marry her most persistent suitor, the business tycoon Rodolfo San Ginez (Marvin Agustin). Though devastated by the news of his beloved MariMar’s bethrotal to another man, Sergio still attends the lavish wedding. What happens in this wedding scene is something MariMar viewers should definitely not miss.

Aside from Marvin Agustin, MariMar also features Carmina Villaroel in a special role as Dra. Ria, the doctor who saves and tends to the comatose Renato Santibañez (Richard Gomez), Sergio’s father who became deranged from Angelika’s deliberate drugging. Dr. Hayden Kho will also be making a special appearance in the series soon. Completing MariMar’s powerhouse cast are Manilyn Reynes, Bing Loyzaga, Gabby Eigenmann, Nadine Samonte, Dino Guevarra, Marky Lopez, Sheena Halili, Mel Kimura, and Arthur Solinap.

Guest cjgohan2003

Tuned in for a few episodes, and I had to barf at the lame attempt to "act spanish".From the half-white tagalog-butchered actresses to the low budget. Definitely a run of the mill soap opera.

I must say, it's theme music got me dieing of laughter :lol:

Tuned in for a few episodes, and I had to barf at the lame attempt to "act spanish".From the half-white tagalog-butchered actresses to the low budget. Definitely a run of the mill soap opera.

I must say, it's theme music got me dieing of laughter :lol:

...and I had to laugh at your attempted criticism. <_<

I dont know where you got that impression that they're trying to "act spanish"... I also dont know where you got that half-white tagalog-butchered actresses. if you're referring to the lead actress, I think she's half-Spanish, not half-white (unless you think being Spanish is white!)

nonetheless, some detractors are bound to spoil it for others. all i can say is I quite enjoy the series, esp the earlier episodes. as for the soundtrack, I wasn't too fond of Regine's version, but it's quite catchy. :sweatingbullets: i love Mahal Kita, btw, by Gerald Santos and the girl version as well.

Guest pandoras0nymph

I dont know where you got that impression that they're trying to "act spanish"... I also dont know where you got that half-white tagalog-butchered actresses. if you're referring to the lead actress, I think she's half-Spanish, not half-white (unless you think being Spanish is white!)

nonetheless, some detractors are bound to spoil it for others. all i can say is I quite enjoy the series, esp the earlier episodes. as for the soundtrack, I wasn't too fond of Regine's version, but it's quite catchy. :sweatingbullets: i love Mahal Kita, btw, by Gerald Santos and the girl version as well.

i agree... she's quite mean when she said that. anyways, thats her opinion!

i hate the epi last night.innocencia is such a traitor!

Guest angel2nyt

^^ i know.. and i havent seen this for three weeks then i saw the pathetic kiss

urrrgghh..

my mother is addicted to this show..

she wont sleep until she watches it..

by the way.. i must say that i hate that it got extended..

i hate it when dramas gets extended..

because there is a big possibility of the storyline becoming too dragged..

but then again, the original was aired for like what one year..and i have faith in the director

Guest pandoras0nymph

urrrgghh..

but then again, the original was aired for like what one year..and i have faith in the director

yeah,direk joyce is good. but the kidnapping plot is too... blech :tongue2: not like it.. but im hoping they'll have a nice epi this christmas

Guest ayadaokin

urrrgghh..

I know. My parents were so mad when they saw the preview for the next episode of Inocencia+Sergio :sweatingbullets:

I hope the drama doesn't turn bad because of it's extension. I don't know what else could possibly happen

that big in the span of 3 more months or so.

I love the soundtrack; Mahal Kita by Maricris Garcia. I love that song. And the theme song is really

addicting whenever it comes on; Regine did a good job haha. And then all the random songs in the back/

the orchestra etc.; they did such a fantastic job. I wish they had a full soundtrack, I like listening to it

during the show ><

Guest cjgohan2003

Laugh it up :)

It was very much ripped off of a mexican soap opera, the writers can't seem to write a catchy insult without incorporating the words "Trying hard, copy cat, blah blah blah".

Don't even get me started on the random, pale skinned antagonist that tries to act like she's some sort of villain because she can string together a sentence in english :lol:

There are much better filipino soap operas out there (Maging sino ka man), and I feel that we've seen all this before, and it's a one-trick pony.

I don't get why you're somehow taking this personally. I've seen plenty of posts before bashing actresses/actors.

Guest ayadaokin

Laugh it up :)

It was very much ripped off of a mexican soap opera, the writers can't seem to write a catchy insult without incorporating the words "Trying hard, copy cat, blah blah blah".

Don't even get me started on the random, pale skinned antagonist that tries to act like she's some sort of villain because she can string together a sentence in english :lol:

There are much better filipino soap operas out there (Maging sino ka man), and I feel that we've seen all this before, and it's a one-trick pony.

I don't get why you're somehow taking this personally. I've seen plenty of posts before bashing actresses/actors.

If you've seen plenty of posts before about bashing actresses/actors, then you should know that

it's against the rules. You stated your opinion, that's okay, but don't post again trying to cause

trouble please. Yes you don't like this drama, so you don't have to post in it if you dislike it. Please

don't post if you are going to bash/stir up trouble. Thank you.

In other discussion, I really hate how inocencia is acting so obsessed with sergio after like one episode.

One episode she's talking to marimar about his plans on the phone being sneaky. Then she's caught

and instead needs to help him. Now she all of a sudden shows her feelings and answers the phone before

anyone else. How weird..

taking it personally? hmm, im trying to re-trace where in my post did it seem i took it personally.

okay, let me contradict myself though. if i took it personally, perhaps it stems from the fact that your post offered nothing but lame criticism. just like what i said, detractors are here to spoil it for others.

I dont get what's the point in that. I understand that not everyone will like the series. but dont ruin others' enjoyment by bashing. and if this thread turns into a network rival, since you mentioned a show from the other channel, god forbid... the lamest cause of argument in Filipino entertainment, imo.

anyhoo... whatever floats our boats, eh! we get you don't like the show and the casts. we'll respect that. then please, let those who like it enjoy it.

-----

on another note, the kidnapping scheme was a little too cliche. then again, i kinda like how it's up to the viewers to guess who's behind it. so many possibilities but definitely the main culprit in my mind is Rodolfo. :P

Guest pandoras0nymph

uhm..rip off? its a pinoy version of marimar! but you know thank god they made it romantic! and there are twists and turns on the story than the original.. if you like mskm then go there.. but no matter what you say, MARIMAR IS AT THE TOP OF THE PRIMETIME BLOCK... SHE'S THE QUEEN OF PRIMETIME NOW. THE SHOW HAS BIG RATINGS... means everyone likes it.except for some people... haaahahaha

Guest angel2nyt

In other discussion, I really hate how inocencia is acting so obsessed with sergio after like one episode.

One episode she's talking to marimar about his plans on the phone being sneaky. Then she's caught

and instead needs to help him. Now she all of a sudden shows her feelings and answers the phone before

anyone else. How weird..

.. i on the other hand.. actually have been anticipated this hahaha

after marimar went to the states, and saw what inocencia was doing for her, i knew that she was doing this because marimar helped her..

but i was asking myself.. can she really forget about him that easily?

i was right in a way..

but i didnt expect it to go this way.. you know the kiss..

Guest pandoras0nymph

almost all pinoy soaps have got the same ideas... amnesia,adopted kid, poor girl turn rich... etc.. its not new anymore but we love marimar and it shows a lot on the ratings..its on the top spot. there were some villains that are not good like christine reyes..glad she's gone now.. she's judging to much she haven't watched the entire epis yet

Archived