[drama 2007] Beautiful Days 아름다운 시절

Guest huangsy

Guest huangsy

[KBS1] Choi Gyoo Hwan, Jun Ye Su, Kim Tae Ho, Choi Won Yung
KBS1 morning drama debut yesterday 12 Nov 2007. Screens Mon to Fri 7:50 am (Seoul time).

Director : Jun Chang Geun 전창근

Scriptwriters : Hong Yung Hee 홍영희, Lee Sang Min 이상민

Cast : Choi Gyoo Hwan 최규환, Jun Ye Su 전예서, Park Geu Ri Na 박그리나, Kim Tae Ho 김태호, Choi Won Yung 최원영, Lee Ga Heun 이가흔

Official Site : http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/belle/

Official English Site : http://contents.kbs.co.kr/program/program_...contentsUid=137

KBSW TV-ripped Eng-subbed version (via Torrent)

This drama depicts the desperate hopes and love of people of the 1970s, when the majority of families had four children. The true-to-life characters and the humorous language they use add fun to the drama. It is an opportunity to meet with your down-to-earth and well-familiar neighbors and receive vitality from them. None of the drama’s characters is particularly successful, and this is not a story of their success. Through the four siblings, who were born in a marketplace, grew up there, left it in the quest for a better life but eventually returned, this drama sends a message of strong family ties and reconciliation.

Jeon Ye Seo

Oh Hyang-sook: A second daughter of the Oh family, Hyang-sook stood out for her smartness as a child. Everybody in Chuncheon knew this pretty girl. But she was forced to go to a commercial high school for girls because her parents gave priority to her elder brother, who was the hope of their impoverished family. She wanted to go to college by all means, but her mother dashed her dreams and aspirations by saying that a girl should be thankful for having a chance to study in high school. One day, Hyang-sook steals her brother’s tuition and runs away from home because she doesn’t want to live a miserable life like her mother has lived. Seven years later, Hyang-sook shows up with her daughter unaware that her father had died. After that, she clashes with her brother and mother over everything.

Park Grina

Oh Jin-sook: The youngest daughter of the Oh family, Jin-sook has an upbeat and naive personality. She does all the chores in the house and runs errands, but she has never complained about her destiny. She acted as the eldest daughter of her mother after her elder sister ran away from home, and she does her best to understand her mother. Her eldest brother Jae-beom is the standard of everything in life: everything he approves is good and everything he disproves is bad. When she grows up, she wants to marry a man who is like Jae-beom. But after Jin-sook meets the playboy Kyung-ho, she gradually begins to open her eyes to life as a woman.

Choi Kyu Hwan

Oh Jae-beom: The eldest son of the Oh family, Jae-beom is the only hope of his parents and the spiritual leader of his family. He was known as a prodigy child in his hometown and has always been a good son to his parents. He feels burdened by his mother’s utmost care and he is sorry to his siblings, but he has always accepted his mother’s sacrifice because he knew that taking care of him was her only joy in life. He graduated from a college of medicine and used to work at a hospital in Seoul, but after his father died he moved to Chuncheon to be close to his family. He finds a job at a local clinic where he meets Tae-hee, also a doctor and the only daughter of the hospital director, and becomes close with her despite their bickering from day one.

Kim Tae Ho

Oh Jae-hyuk: The third child of the Oh family, Jae-hyuk was never good at studying and didn’t have big ambitions like his elder sister. He doesn’t talk much but once he gets mad he explodes with anger like a volcano. He used to be fond of boxing and even dreamed of becoming an Asian champion, but he quit it after he crippled his opponent during a competition. Since then, he had worked as a delivery guy at an eatery and lived as an ordinary man. One day, he rescues a theater executive named Chul-ku and begins working for him by resolving all kinds of illegal matters. Every time he resorts to violence against his will, he recalls his painful past. But every time he is consoled by Mi-young, a woman he wants to spend the rest of his life with.

dmz01.jpg

dmz02.jpg

dmz03.jpg

dmz04.jpg

dmz05.jpg

sub_top_img01.jpg

sub_top_img02.jpg

sub_top_img03.jpg

sub_top_img04.jpg

126001006_S.jpg

126001005_S.jpg

126001004_S.jpg

126001003_S.jpg

126001002_S.jpg

126001001_S.jpg

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest huangsy

how would the drama title be translated? purpletiger86 had translated for me as 'Wonderful Time of the Year'. This is the new TV Novel, replacing 'Landscape in My Heart'

I could not find the official English title, except what can be found in the official site's URL, so I used that - BELLE.

Yes, 아름다운 = beautiful and 시절 is time or season.

• 1 month later...

this TV Novel will begin airing on KBS World next week.

Info from KBS Global:

Synopsis:

This drama depicts the desperate hopes and love of people of the 1970s, when the majority of families had four children. The true-to-life characters and the humorous language they use add fun to the drama. It is an opportunity to meet with your down-to-earth and well-familiar neighbors and receive vitality from them. None of the drama’s characters is particularly successful, and this is not a story of their success. Through the four siblings, who were born in a marketplace, grew up there, left it in the quest for a better life but eventually returned, this drama sends a message of strong family ties and reconciliation.

Cast:

373eeea31castingvw1.gif

Jeon Ye-seo as Oh Hyang-sook

A second daughter of the Oh family, Hyang-sook stood out for her smartness as a child. Everybody in Chuncheon knew this pretty girl. But she was forced to go to a commercial high school for girls because her parents gave priority to her elder brother, who was the hope of their impoverished family. She wanted to go to college by all means, but her mother dashed her dreams and aspirations by saying that a girl should be thankful for having a chance to study in high school. One day, Hyang-sook steals her brother’s tuition and runs away from home because she doesn’t want to live a miserable life like her mother has lived. Seven years later, Hyang-sook shows up with her daughter unaware that her father had died. After that, she clashes with her brother and mother over everything.

fe0f785d2castingmc9.gif

Park Grina as Oh Jin-sook

The youngest daughter of the Oh family, Jin-sook has an upbeat and naive personality. She does all the chores in the house and runs errands, but she has never complained about her destiny. She acted as the eldest daughter of her mother after her elder sister ran away from home, and she does her best to understand her mother. Her eldest brother Jae-beom is the standard of everything in life: everything he approves is good and everything he disproves is bad. When she grows up, she wants to marry a man who is like Jae-beom. But after Jin-sook meets the playboy Kyung-ho, she gradually begins to open her eyes to life as a woman.

b80882363castingta4.gif

Choi Kyu-hwan as Oh Jae-beom

The eldest son of the Oh family, Jae-beom is the only hope of his parents and the spiritual leader of his family. He was known as a prodigy child in his hometown and has always been a good son to his parents. He feels burdened by his mother’s utmost care and he is sorry to his siblings, but he has always accepted his mother’s sacrifice because he knew that taking care of him was her only joy in life. He graduated from a college of medicine and used to work at a hospital in Seoul, but after his father died he moved to Chuncheon to be close to his family. He finds a job at a local clinic where he meets Tae-hee, also a doctor and the only daughter of the hospital director, and becomes close with her despite their bickering from day one.

9bf17f334castingaa6.gif

Kim Tae-ho as Oh Jae-hyuk

The third child of the Oh family, Jae-hyuk was never good at studying and didn’t have big ambitions like his elder sister. He doesn’t talk much but once he gets mad he explodes with anger like a volcano. He used to be fond of boxing and even dreamed of becoming an Asian champion, but he quit it after he crippled his opponent during a competition. Since then, he had worked as a delivery guy at an eatery and lived as an ordinary man. One day, he rescues a theater executive named Chul-ku and begins working for him by resolving all kinds of illegal matters. Every time he resorts to violence against his will, he recalls his painful past. But every time he is consoled by Mi-young, a woman he wants to spend the rest of his life with.

has anyone been consistently watching this? Any idea what is written in Jin-sook's father's diary about her? Or has the diary not been revealed yet? This is the only daily drama I've been watching at the moment and it's so different from the past TV Novels--thank goodness, no love triangles!

Guest rainy75

does anyone know where can i download tv novels?

I watched some epiy of landscape in my heart ..

wonder which CB carries this new TV novel replacing landscape in my heart...

I am interested to dl both the dramas... :unsure:

does anyone know where can i download tv novels?

I watched some epiy of landscape in my heart ..

wonder which CB carries this new TV novel replacing landscape in my heart...

I am interested to dl both the dramas... :unsure:

I'll gladly upload this (I wasn't sure if anyone else would be watching it like I am)...hopefully I'll have the beginning epis up on CB later today.

i've been watching this since it started on kbsworld ... i think it's at episode 4 or 5 only on my cable?

anyway, is it me only but why do i suspect some kind of secret behind Jin Sook's parentage? it's just so weird that the dad only asked for her on his death bed and kept muttering he's sorry to her~ lolz but reading the synopsis ... it doesn't sound like they are anything but real brothers & sisters. also another thing that struck me is how attached Jin Sook is to Jae-bom ... just seems kind of abnormal to me ... oh well ... i guess i'm getting ahead of me. haha ... and why does the rich guy who runs the theater happy that the dad is finally dead? does the secret have anything to do with Jin-sook?

i still trying to remember who's who ... Kyung-ho is the son of that nosy ahjumma who works for the mom at the eatery or the son of that rich man who runs the theater? and there's the secret of who's the father of Hyang-sook's daughter.

thanks for starting this thread. there probably won't be a lot of posters but then i get somewhere to rant. i was also watching landscape of my heart and there was no thread to be found for that. :lol:

also another thing that struck me is how attached Jin Sook is to Jae-bom ... just seems kind of abnormal to me ... oh well ... i guess i'm getting ahead of me. haha ...

Oh my...for close to 10+ episodes I kept asking myself are they bro and sis or something else, I was completely mind-boggled...that was before the KBS World/KBS Global synopsis and before rich boy started taking an interest in Jin sook.

At least it's good to know I supposedly didn't miss out on what the secret was in the 1st couple of epis (as I skimmed those).

Guest adikkeluangman

I watched the first epi. only. I watched the previous drama. but then can't stand my mother nagging coz wake up early in the morning to watch TV. :ph34r: 6.50AM Malaysia time. Maybe I will watched it on Saturday when it make marathon from 10am - 1pm. Hope nobody at home at that time.

-----

2004914097696627478_rs.jpg

Program Information

TV Novel Beautiful Days is the story of hope and love set in a small marketplace in Chuncheon back in the 1970s.

It is about a family of four sisters and brothers who live in the market. The viewers living in the 21st century will be able to travel back in time and see vivid images of how Koreans lived in the 1970s. And there, they will meet their friendly neighbors.

Unlike other drama, there is no hero or heroin. It is not about a success story of the main characters.

The four siblings were born and bred in the market. They grew up and headed out for a big city one by one. Then, they return home.

Their life story will talk about the family ties.

The TV Novel Beautiful Days is not another love triangle set in the 1970s. Others may have borrowed the old customs and sets to give a taste of the old days. However, the drama is about a local market in 1970s and about a family living in the market at the time.

It has recreated the scenes from war-torn country, first beauty pageant and lively market place as accurately as possible. The viewers will travel back in time and immerse in the images and sounds of the past.

Hard Times but Good Old Days

Nowadays, people groan from difficulties of everyday life. The present troubles make one look back on the past. Back then, people were poor but friendly. Families and neighbors were together and overcame hardships. Heartwarming memories from the past will flood your mind and soul.

The TV Novel Beautiful Days is not limited to love and betrayal among the main characters. Four sisters and brothers, Hyang-suk, Jin-suk, Jae-beom and Jae-hyeok weave the stories of conflict and reconciliation. Also, other young and old characters from the market will add reality. Viewers from all age groups will be able to laugh and cry with the characters.

Although it is set in the 1970s, the eventful, speedy storyline will capture the modern viewers.

Rather than reminiscing the hardships and poverty, it will show lively, sometimes comical, days of the four sisters and brothers and their neighbors.

Excutive Producer : Han Cheol-gyeong

Director : Jeon Chang-geun

Writers : Hong Yeong-hi and Yi Sang-min

-----

Episode 1 Preview

At the marketplace in Chuncheon, 1971, Jin-suk is delivering soups. She is excited about her brother Jae-beom’s home coming.

She learns that her father Byeong-man is in critical condition and hurries back home. As soon as she arrives, her father tells her sorry and draws his last breath.

Hyang-suk returns home with her daughter Da-jeong without knowing that her father passed away. Seven years ago, She ran way with Jae-beom’s tuition money.

c: KBS WORLD

it's so different from the past TV Novels--thank goodness, no love triangles!

Yup, I thot so too. It is different from the formula that they've been dishing out . . After Sunok, I kind of skipped Landscape in My Heart and was actually thinking of skipping this series too, but am now kind of hooked . . .

anyway, is it me only but why do i suspect some kind of secret behind Jin Sook's parentage? it's just so weird that the dad only asked for her on his death bed and kept muttering he's sorry to her~ lolz but reading the synopsis ... it doesn't sound like they are anything but real brothers & sisters. also another thing that struck me is how attached Jin Sook is to Jae-bom ... just seems kind of abnormal to me ... oh well ... i guess i'm getting ahead of me. haha ... and why does the rich guy who runs the theater happy that the dad is finally dead? does the secret have anything to do with Jin-sook?

Was I wrong, when Jin Sook brought Da__ (Hyang Sook's daughter) along on her errands, and she met Mi Young . . . Mi Young asked if the child was her "cousin's daughter" (according to the English subtitles).

Also wonder what secrets (connected to illegal activities?) that the Late Mr Oh brought with him to his deathbed where Kyung Ho's dad is concerned.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

i watched the marathon on saturday. yeah, jeobeom is supporting jinsook for study. so cute. i can't wait until she meet kyungho. kyungho sister looks different witha makeup when she skipped school to watch movie.

goodness...is Kyungho's previous behavior that bad that

not even his family thinks something bad has happened to him? The only one who seems to worry is Jinsook. Gosh, she cried her heart out when he didn't show up, and ended up getting sick!

Anyone know why Kyungho got taken away...he looks like he's being tortured too

wow ... you must be very far ahead because where i am ... there's still nothing going on between kyung ho & jin sook yet. :lol:

could it have anything to do with him being involved in students protest? i know he was back home not just because his dad insisted but because he & some other friends were on the run from the police for taking part in the protest. so maybe they were trying to get him to confess or admit who else was involved too? i hope it was not the fat brother of his stepmother who turn him in~ :ph34r: ... if it is ... then i hope the dad finds out & kick his butt out of the company.

yup, exupery, I'm watching the latest epis. Can't afford cable or satellite to watch KBS World/KBS America, so I'm pretty clueless on a lot of things. What you have just provided, I think is the answer I was looking for.

Surprisingly

the man that the older sis is currently involved with (she met him while/after her bout with the beauty pageant) is having those guys who took Kyungho, to report to him.

It was quite heartbreaking that while Kyungho was being taken away in the car, he got a glimpse of Jinsook, dressed up all pretty to meet him, walking to their meeting place.

exupery, when you get to EP 48 I hope you can tell me what is going on...

looks like oldest brother might know something about Jin-sook's identity?? I see a flashback w/ the Mom and Dad and this happened after Jin-sook had an argument w/ oldest brother and ended up crying in his arms, and then later he goes into his room and that's when the flashback occurs

I wonder where the relationship between Jin-sook and Kyung-ho will head?

At the end of EP 48, Kyung-ho is what I would say 'barely alive'...I don't think he recognizes anyone, or fears everyone. And Jin-sook still hasn't gotten to see him! She left a blue paper crane and her brother secretly saw it and brought it in to the unconscious Kyung-ho

Archived