Acne Problem. :(

xiaojuu

any products/methods to keep the face pimple-free?
the start of this school year brings many things.

new classes, teachers, friends.

and randomly this year?

...pimples.

can anyone please tell me any products/methods to treat my face and ways to prevent breakouts?

any suggestions will help. :]

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GinaxDongseng

proactiv i heard works well ... however, the downside is ... your skin becomes dependent on it.

i use clearasil. it makes my face feel alot cleaner.

but then again, i don't really have an acne problem =(

my parents always say to sleep more, drink some of that asian soup, and don't eat fried goodies.

oh yea, avoid spicy foods. i personally think it makes more pimples.

my aunt says its good for your skin.

who knows. =]

sleep more, and don't eat fried goodies.

oh yea, avoid spicy foods.

yup that's true =]

try Obagi ^^ I don't know the full name but if you search it on google you can find it

it's amazing I tell you~ I've tried Proactiv, Clean&Clear, Clearasil, Acne Free xD

unless it's just A pimple Clean&Clear does the work...or Aveeno if you have sensative skin

Guest evolution_

Get a cleanser that isn't too harsh. Use spot treatments. Be patient. I expected spot treatments to work like magic and I slathered some on my forehead. I was all red there for a week or so. D:

If it's really serious talk to a dermatologist. They can recommend good products to use. :D

Guest TryNeverLove90

ummmm i think shud drink a lot of water eat a lot fruits n not chips nor fast food cuz its bring ur pimple bak...hope this will help u....

Guest danceplaylove

Neutrogena Benzoyl Peroxide, it's spot treatment, so it won't dry up your whole face. After you put that on for a while, use moisturizers.

Guest Melitus

We really need a pinned topic on acne..there are so many.

I use clinique, but I really want to try proactive..maybe sometime later.

• 2 months later...

everyone, thanks for your suggestions.

i have been eating less of spicy food and fried foods (not that i eat much of those to begin with...)

and, i've been *trying* to sleep more. a bit harder because finals and SATs coming up. (=.=)

hopefully this spot treatment has been working, it's so hard to be patient but i am. :)

i think i'll try the gentle face cleansers.

i tried clearasil and Acne Free...but both didn't work for me, but instead clearasil worked for my sister. how funny! :)

somehow i link this small acne problem to tennis, because it never happened before, i hope it doesn't repeat again next year. =/

Guest just_us

wow bummer...

i like spicy food.

i just wash my face at

night to wash away all the

grease....it works...

so i don't think you

really have to avoid spicy foods...

Guest HeffyEnd

I don't have any recommendations, I just wanted to say that certain foods don't make you break out, since a lot of people think that. Not unless you rub them on your face.

Guest aknintty1004

well i heard that u shouldnt eat oily/fat foods, have too much stress, sleep more, eat less chocolate :tears: , and wash ur face everytime u go to the bathroom

Guest rinnie_chan

Hey^^ I used to have the same problem. Until my mum gave PanOxyl.

It's a gel against acne...it does really help! Apply it 1x on your face daily.

But not too much, because if you apply too much of it on your skin it may damage your skin my mum said.

x1pbn3kb11qep34v1upvesfnl5.jpg

bp25ni6cb4.jpg

Guest Uchiha_Hai

Believe it or not, Soda/Food dosen't really cause Acne break out, unless you skin really does have a problem. It's just hormones. Just be sure to shower and wash your face when you feel it isn't clean. Good luck.

Guest fading x dreams

proactive doesnt work

but i had the ewxact same problem so you should probably was your face before you go to bed every day

and use clearsil or clean & clear those products are really good.

Guest babiloveyoo

really? i guess it works differently on people have you tried the ACV thing? Apple Cider Vinegar? i think thats what it stand for correct me if im wrong. Anyways i heard thats effective too. What products are you using right now? Ive had acne for years and i ve treied a whole lot of stuff and clean and clear don't use it its a waste of money, Proactiv works BUT your skin becomes dependent on it so as soon as you stop using it you break out even more so don't use it, well i think neutrogena , biore, and aveeno are the top three brands that ive seen most effective. Hope this helps and Happy New Years :]

Archived