Tonsilitis/tonsil Stones

Guest mochimonster

Guest mochimonster

i just had tonsilitis a month ago. so i had tonsil stones (white masses) on my tonsils.

the doctor told me to just gargle with salt & warm water. and i thought they were gone.

but i noticed today that they're there again. has anyone had this happen?

should i go to the doctor again? advice pls.

Guest preencess

i had my tonsils removed (tonsilectomy) when i was around eight years old or so. before i got them out, i would always get high fevers and get sick pretty easily... i would maybe pay the doctor a visit again to see what they have to say about it :)

Tonsillitis can reoccur many times. When it does happen it's important you go back to your doctor and get it checked out. It's an infection for crying out loud. @_@; Salt and warm water only? Most people get put on antibiotics. I think if you're having problems over 4-5 times a year, your doctor would suggest you remove them.

You can research tonsillitis on google and find more info. :)

Personally, my doctor always put me on antibiotics, notably Amoxicillin. I've had it twice this year, once last year. Both unpleasant, but no tonsil stones like you O_O. They just got so large they blocked my hearing and left me in bed for about a week. Not too bad, but hopefully it doesn't occur more often. I'm dead afraid of surgery. x_x;

Guest ladyatakari

I have tonsil stones. Or I did. They come and they go. Sometimes they'll fall out with enough pressure [e.g. coughing]. Unfortunately there's no real way to get rid of them permanently [unless your tonsils are removed if I remember correctly - but! This is kind of bad because your tonsils are supposed to produce something that naturally keeps away bacteria and the like, at least from what I read].

If you google up tonsil stones, there should be a site that has a bunch of people telling about their experiences/how they got rid of them. I think one way was to get those tongue scrapers with water shooters and fill it with mouth wash. After that, aim it at the tonsil stones and they should fall out. I remember reading that antibiotics don't work, but if you want to go to your doctor you should because you did have tonsilitis afterall. But from the research I've done, those tonsil stones will just keep coming and going. =)

You could also try gargling mouthwash if they smell. I know some of them give off horrendous odor. @_@

Guest preencess

Unfortunately there's no real way to get rid of them permanently [unless your tonsils are removed if I remember correctly - but! This is kind of bad because your tonsils are supposed to produce something that naturally keeps away bacteria and the like, at least from what I read].

Yeah that's true too. I don't have to worry about getting tonsilitis but sometimes I suffer from pharyngitis instead, which deals with the pharynx instead of the tonsils. Antibiotics [amoxicillin is usually prescribed] usually takes care of it, but it's still a pain.

Hopefully you get yours sorted out and take care of yourself :)

• 7 years later...
Guest tonsilstonesrelieves_stv

With the information that the Banish Tonsil Stones guide will provide you about them, you can see for yourself how effectively the treatments presented in the book can manage to remove the problem permanently, and considerably improve your life without surgeries or other expensive procedures. there e-book from Diane puttman about steps & methods detailed in "Banish tonsil stones"  here this link: http://banishtonsilstones.com/

Archived