Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soompi Forums is moving!! Migration is scheduled to begin next Tuesday (US) [more details]

[MANGA/ANIME] ONE PIECE

paranoidtrashparanoidtrash Vivienne Westwood, UKPosts: 498Member
edited March 6 in Japan
anime/manga
I love this series (:. Every week I go crazy and won't let anybody bother me during my 20 minutes. I plan to visit the One Piece ship in Japan next year XD.

Plot:

One Piece follows the adventures of Monkey D. Luffy, a young boy whose body gains the properties of rubber after unintentionally eating a Devil Fruit, and his diverse crew of pirates, named the Straw Hat Pirates. Luffy explores the ocean in search of the world's ultimate treasure known as One Piece in order to become the next Pirate King.

Published by: Viz
Anime Episodes: 626 + 3 OVAs

150cmofhappinesschikumakanagaki
·

Replies

• Take FiveTake Five Posts: 2,521Member

IDOL

i wish i could watch it every week(subbed i mean). but not that i'm complaining...i still love k-f for what they do.
    Please read the signature rules
    ·
  • StridingCloudStridingCloud Los AngelesPosts: 280Member
    i wish i had cable, it just got into it when 2 days later they cut off the service lol
    ·
  • ~fantasygurl~~fantasygurl~ do not expect if you do not want to ever be disappointed Posts: 1,681Member

IDOL

ohh!!! mannn love this too !!! ahhh!!! luffie rocks naime rules!!
    Original Fanfictions by me
    Gameboy~completed~
    I Don't Want To Be Your Friend~completed~
    ·
  • kRaZiExLaDiEkRaZiExLaDiE S2.CaLi LoVe.S2Posts: 959Member

ROOKIE

it think it`s okay .. i think that`s because i don`t "always" watch cuz i`m a bit busy ... but when i do watch it .. it`s pretty funny. xD
    "i love breathing b/c ever breath i take proves i can live without you"
    ·
  • paranoidtrashparanoidtrash Vivienne Westwood, UKPosts: 498Member
    Oh man I don't mean dubbed.. When I watched dubbed I cried.. It was really sad man.. They destroyed it ;_____;. And WHY does Sanji-san have a SMOKING lollipop in the English version???
    ·
  • Pink_RosePink_Rose Posts: 3Member
    edited October 2005
    ^LMAO Sanji smoking a lollipop, I gotta see that. Anyways, Luffy's so funny!! My fav is still Nami though, that greedy girl ><
    ·

IDOL

what did they do to smoker anyway? since sanji can't even have a cig. i know they named him chaser(lol) but what'd they do with his power and cigars? i can't believe the dub skipped the little garden arc too. exactly what was so bad about that arc...it was one of my favorite ones too.

but on a happier note, 162 is out by k-f. yay!
    ·
  • hamster428hamster428 Posts: 1,002Member

SUPERSTAR

i'm only up to 149 or sumthing like that... ahhhhhhhhhh i miss luffy
    <3 Yoon Kye Sang, Im Joo Hwan, Chilbong
    ·
  • alita86alita86 Posts: 5Member
    QUOTE(Take Five @ Oct 6 2005, 01:18 AM) »

what did they do to smoker anyway? since sanji can't even have a cig. i know they named him chaser(lol) but what'd they do with his power and cigars? i can't believe the dub skipped the little garden arc too. exactly what was so bad about that arc...it was one of my favorite ones too.

but on a happier note, 162 is out by k-f. yay!

My friend said they would probably make Smoker "Fogger" or something that is related to Fog to replace the smoke.

Which is dumb!!! image image image

One piece still rocks though.
    ·

IDOL

gan fall is too cool.
    ·
  • SpicyTOFUSpicyTOFU Posts: 877Member
    wahhh...one piece <333
    my favorite manga ever...hahahahaa...
    <3 nami
    シド <3
    ·
  • babyxlibrababyxlibra Posts: 171Member
    ahh i stopped watching around 140 something.. when the ship falls out of the sky and they need to go up.. i need to catch up.. well i guess after i finish bleach... yea
    ·
  • ovaltinejenkinsovaltinejenkins Posts: 5,588Member
    ughhh cartoon network totally slaughtered the anime... my brother dl-ed it somewhere (idk where so dont ask) and its japanese with english subs..

wouldnt you like the original than the one cut down to 30 min?! haha xD

·
  • Ryoga_EchizenRyoga_Echizen Grand LinePosts: 10Member
    All I can tell is- it's getting more and more interesting. Can't wait for the new chapter.
    ·
  • thesassygirl2thesassygirl2 socal&#12290;Posts: 1,269Member

ROOKIE

what's this about? can i d/l the manga or anime anywhere?
    If I sleep now, I can dream. But if I don't sleep, I can achieve my dream. - Rain

formerly known as: genie
    ·
  • IridescenceIridescence Eternity's a terrible thought. CaliforniaPosts: 1,651Member
    The dubs are horrible. It sucks to watch it dubbed. But I can't really buy the original version. Sadly... I am on a low budget! Haha.
    ·

IDOL

QUOTE(genie @ Oct 7 2005, 02:38 PM) »

what's this about? can i d/l the manga or anime anywhere?

www.kaizoku-fansubs.com for the anime. for manga, stoptazmo.com i guess.

The dubs are horrible. It sucks to watch it dubbed. But I can't really buy the original version. Sadly... I am on a low budget! Haha.

i don't think they are even releasing the original uncut versions =/
    you're better off downloading it.
    ·
  • ~fantasygurl~~fantasygurl~ do not expect if you do not want to ever be disappointed Posts: 1,681Member

IDOL

i love this! it's really funny
    Original Fanfictions by me
    Gameboy~completed~
    I Don't Want To Be Your Friend~completed~
    ·
  • kokorokokoro Posts: 160Member
    loved the anime...
    i remember the i first saw it, i was like.. 'ew... bad graphics and that guy stretches..' now, im all into the anime and manga. i love all the opening and ending theme songs.
    btw, i DISLIKE the dubbed anime. i cant stand it. i cant stand to watch any dubbed anime period. i would pull out my hairs if i have to watch anime dubbed especially ONE PIECE!!!!!
    IPB ImageIPB Image
    >>>DO YOU BELIEVE IN ANGELS???<<<
    ·
  • stixstix Posts: 387Member
    im watching one piece on toonami
    and the anime looks realli old and
    the drawing dont look that great..
    it wasnt that funny at all..
    i didnt like it
    ·