Singing Tips & Recording Questions

JohnnyMoon

Post any questions regarding tips for improving singing or recording.
If you would like to improve your singing and don't know who to ask, this is the place to ask! Ask questions regarding improving singing. Also, if you have any questions regarding recording clips on your computer, feel free to ask here for advices and answers. smile.gif CHECK HERE FIRST BEFORE ASKING ANY NEW QUESTIONS: List of Singing and Recording Tips/Advices From appledapple: QUOTEI just wanted to recommend all you Cool Edit Pro/Adobe Audition users check out this forum for tips: http://homerecording.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=41 You have to join the forum or else it will say there's no posts. Lots of info in there

Guest babossagaji

Okay, is it normal for some people to have voices that makes them have like a stuffy nose? You know...like BoA? (No offense)

How can you get rid of that problem?

Guest fantasiimaker

^Not only is it normal, but the "stuffiness" varies from person to person ^^ I know that when I started out, I sounded extremely stuffier than I do now. I'm not sure how to reduce it, but maybe consciously try to breathe more through BOTH your nose and your mouth. I think BoA sounds stuffy toward her high/loud notes because it's easier to reach a falsetto with added nasally-ness? x__x; I can't really explain that well...

The reason some people sound stuffy (or nasal, I'm assuming) is that they're not resonating in their sinuses. It's why you sound kinda bad when you have a cold; you sound dull and nasal because your voice isn't resonating properly in your sinuses.

To fix it, you just have to relax yourself, breathe right (via your diaphragm~!), and try not to tense up when you sing. Dropping and relaxing your jaw helps too. ^^

Guest hmaster

could you post that up as a permanent download so people can access it any time they wish? If you do, I'll post that link on the first message of this thread for easy access.

I have no hosting space.

i have no no no idea how the hell I'm meant to rap in japanese. argh! :'( someone help?

Japanese people talk fast in the first place, to RAP is just a little faster for them I bet. Talking with a rhythm.

No one can really help you, you just need to practice, practice, practice!

Japanese people talk fast in the first place, to RAP is just a little faster for them I bet. Talking with a rhythm.

No one can really help you, you just need to practice, practice, practice!

yeah.. try M-Flo(for guys) or Bennie K(for gals) raps, it's fun and easy to learn ^^

Guest hmaster

Does your microphone recording sound like it's picking up only one channel/it sounds like coming from one side? A fault in the setup of most computer integrated audio boards is the problem.

This can be fixed by going to windows recording mixer and sliding the fade up and down to a new level and re-recording.

Does your recording have unnecessary echos or reverb?

This is caused by your on board computer DSP (Digital Signal Processing) adding it's own algorithms for voice enhancement. A quick browse in your DSP software should allow to disable it.

Guest lina1tym

Does anyone know how to make a song umm... at a higher key ?

The song I have is too low for us to sing so I was wondering if I could make the key higher.

Guest juki_love

Does anyone know how to make a song umm... at a higher key ?

The song I have is too low for us to sing so I was wondering if I could make the key higher.

there is a program called "Bestpractice" that you could use and if you have mixing programs like Adobe and Goldwave (not sure), you can change the pitch of the songs with them.

Guest hmaster

changing the pitch of the song often will introduce artifacts as your plug in tries to recompensate for the audio difference.

There is a program to do it but I ahven't located it yet.