Hey guys i need a new haircut and since there's a nice salo in vancouver thread

i thought i'd make one for toronto

So Any one know good places to get haircuts

Give us soompiers pointers =)

Chin- G ( Chin Generation) - PACIFIC Mall next to MHQ

Hair Culture- Downtown Chinatown

Goa- Bloor and Yonge/ Korea Town

Maya- Run by Korean/Japanese Korean Town

Do you guys know any other good salons =)

Feel free to give feed back on them as well

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest soniiabaabyy_

i went to the doctor at pmall a few days ago and passed by the one beside mhq, there were a lot of people. i should of though about going there before getting my haircut at some other place .

now my hair looks like crapppp (:

i've gone to chin generation twice so far.

im pretty happy with my haircuts from there :mellow:

it cost me 30$ each time i went there.

&& you can choose different stylist (artistic, creative, director).

prices range from there thats all but i think its a good place.

im not sure about other places though >0<

since i dont need a haircut yet; haha i cut my own hair already :lol:

Guest simply_ayu

how bout hair treatments and stuff... have u guys gotten it done? cuz i went to Goa and got this 'hair manicure' thing to make my hair shinier after i dyed it >_<... but yes.. goa is quite nice.i also recommend seefu in chinatown.. i had my hair straightened there before and it was great =) also my friend always gets their haircuts there XD

Guest PunchNine

Maya - Ran by japanese/koreans. Most of my twn friends get their hair done there

Goa - A friend of mine recently got her hair coloured there. It turned out frekkin nice~

Both at korean town (Christie)

Guest simpli_me

I went to Maya the other day and got a cut for 25

A japanese girl cut my hair

We did have some complications communicatin though

Guest kiralz0mg

I really like Hair Culture in chinatown the dude cuts there really good but speaks limited english =_= he's chinese so it would be easier for chinese speakers to go there. Price ranges from 16-18$ for ladies and its shampoo cut and style and for men i think its around 13-15$

Guest __CHINA.DOLL

I just got a haircut at GoA, and my stylist was Helen, and I have to say it was amazing (:

i love my hair! and i love her! she was really nice ! and to answer the person above me I tiped her 3 dollars, it was because i liked her and the haircut (:

Guest simply_ayu

^cool thanks! i thought it's like 10% or somethin like that to the total cost of the haircut, i think i'm confusing it with tips in restaurants... plus i was thinking it'd be different cuz it's korea/china town... but i've been to GoA.. i almost couldn't find it.. didn't think it'd be at the basement.

• 1 month later...

I really like Hair Culture in chinatown the dude cuts there really good but speaks limited english =_= he's chinese so it would be easier for chinese speakers to go there. Price ranges from 16-18$ for ladies and its shampoo cut and style and for men i think its around 13-15$

where exactly is hair culture in chinatown and is there also a one uptown?? I heard that place is really good.

Guest Chii-Chan

minimum tip for restaurants should be 10%.. but has increased to 15-20%.

tips for any other service IS 20%.

if your haircut was 30 bucks you should be tipping your hairstylist/cutter or w/e $6.

but you don't need to tip 20% if the service was bad. obviously.

i read an article a few months ago stating that canadians are getting stingy with their tipping.

lol that made me laugh..

i personally always tip more than 15%.

ANYWAY, where is goa exactly?

maybe i've been there, but never knew it was goa

Guest __CHINA.DOLL

its at the Bloor and Christie Korean Town.. right when you get off the subway.. you will see a Baskin Robions and then just keep walking, its downstairs.. and it should say GOA its like RIGHT beside baskin robions ish.. like 3 stores away (:

Guest simpli_me

I went to Chin g the other time

and i love their service

but i was there for like 4 hours >_<

lol

i'm planning to go to Goa next time

which stylist ?

Guest __CHINA.DOLL

I think her name is Hanna or Helen? haha starts with an H but shes like the only one with fluent english.. and shes the owner of the shop! (:

Archived