Restaurant Review Thread

Guest papabear

Guest papabear

Restaurant Review thread This is an update from your food section moderator. To make it easier for people that would like to review, or read reviews try to include as much information as possible. Below I have a few examples of what you may like to include. :) Since this is an online forum, please try to include website links whenever possible. *Name of Restaurant *website (if there is one) *location *brief history *appropriate attire that should be worn-Casual or Formal *Price range *what you ate *the specialties the restaurant offers *the business hours, the phone number *state whether or not you would dine there again and any other information that you feel others should know

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest silver311chair

America's in Houston...***** (5 stars)

Little pricey (paid $100 for 2 ppl to eat out last time I went) BUT their food is to die for!

Especially their scallop appetizer... mmm...

And banana chips.... yum...

And salad...

Definitely recommend this restaurant for special occasions..

Really really romantic too.. =)

Guest the.elephant

NEW YORK BURGER COMPANY

i think it's pretty good... i get mine medium rare and it's pretty juicy and tender

the price is a little more expensive than a fast food place

a cheese burger combo is about $9.50 i believe that's the 2nd cheapest thing on the menu ... guess the cheapest ... lol??

the fries are cooked in some healthier oil than others... i read this in a magazine that was rating the top 10 healthy places to eat for cheap

you can also choose to get white or wheat buns.

NAME: TODAI

TYPE OF RESTAURANT: Japanese Sushi & Seafood Buffet

STARS: *****(5/5 stars)

PRICE: $$ (what you'd expect for a buffet)

REVIEW: It was absolutely amazing =) There's so many different things to eat and it's all yummy. There's an entire section dedicated to desserts and sushi. There's just so much to choose from and it's delicious.

http://www.todai.com/menu.htm

Guest ginaz s t y l e

PORTO'S BAKERY

LOC: 315 North Brand Blvd. Glendale, CA 91203

TYPE: BAKERY//SANDWICHES//DRINKS

PRICE: CHEAP FOR THE BEST BAKED GOODS you can find.

REVIEW: IT'S PRETTY FAMOUS AMONG PEOPLE IN SO CAL

portos1.jpg

portoenter.jpg

WeddingCkBlue.jpg

portos2.jpg

portosproducts.jpg

GirlWorkingCakeCounter.jpg

RaulWithGirls.jpg

platters2.jpg

IF YOU LIVE NEAR LA, GLENDALE you should visit.

to get there from k-town in LA take western ave straight

past santa monica blvd go straight turn la err i forgot the street name

lols yeah but its near glendale downtown

Guest liltweekstar

Ledu Restaurant

749 Hickey Boulevard

Pacifica, CA 94044

It's Chinese Buffet... it actually tastes really good and it's not as sloppy as some other buffets can be. They have a great selections, too! It's about $6.95 for lunch and i think $7-8 for dinner per person.

Guest MiJi_10

Cheesecake Factory: their tex mex rolls are awesome and of course so are their cheesecakes.

Ruby's Diner (CA): jalapeno cheese poppers are the best.

iHop: i love their chocolate chip pancakes.

Palms *****

http://www.palmsthai.com/

5900 Hollywood Blvd

Los Angeles, CA 90027-4912

(323) 462-5073

The Scene

You are now entering the Thai-light Zone. In the heart of Thai Town, Palms is the home of the Thai Elvis (aka Kevin), complete with platform shoes and flashy Vegas suits. At first, he seems over-the-top kitsch, but a few songs later, you'll realize he's actually quite good. Thanks to him, what used to be a low-key Thai dinner club scene now attracts a number of Hollywood hipsters.

The Food

While the standards are superior, it's hard to resist the exotic specialties. Wild boar in spicy coconut sauce is chewy, but incredibly flavorful; deer in crispy mint leaves is rich and luscious; frogs legs fried in chili with green peppercorns are heavenly. Carpaccio fans will reach nirvana with the lime-drenched, basil-tinged, chili-infused raw beef salad. Milder thrills are found in the coconut-chicken soup or delicate fish broth, full of snapper floating in aromatic lime leaves.

Guest wuncentxD

BEST CHEEEEESECAKESSSS <3

JUNIOR'S

386 Flatbush Ave

Brooklyn, NY 11201-5389

(718) 852-5257

fatty food.. true. but still <3

agree. the cheesecake is like literally to die for especially their strawberry shortcake cheesecake. the food isnt that great only the morning breakfast is good but lunch is a no no. the best cheesecake i have tasted so far.

Balthazar

80 Spring Street 9corner of Crobsy street)

New York

their bakery is really good. try to carmalized banana tart. its just a foodgasm when you try it. Their bread is really good especially the baguette. never tried their restaurant but I heard from several people that it was good.

Guest ginaz s t y l e

Palms *****

http://www.palmsthai.com/

5900 Hollywood Blvd

Los Angeles, CA 90027-4912

(323) 462-5073

The Scene

You are now entering the Thai-light Zone. In the heart of Thai Town, Palms is the home of the Thai Elvis (aka Kevin), complete with platform shoes and flashy Vegas suits. At first, he seems over-the-top kitsch, but a few songs later, you'll realize he's actually quite good. Thanks to him, what used to be a low-key Thai dinner club scene now attracts a number of Hollywood hipsters.

The Food

While the standards are superior, it's hard to resist the exotic specialties. Wild boar in spicy coconut sauce is chewy, but incredibly flavorful; deer in crispy mint leaves is rich and luscious; frogs legs fried in chili with green peppercorns are heavenly. Carpaccio fans will reach nirvana with the lime-drenched, basil-tinged, chili-infused raw beef salad. Milder thrills are found in the coconut-chicken soup or delicate fish broth, full of snapper floating in aromatic lime leaves.

ooh, i've been there. its great :lol:

Guest silver311chair

Ruchi's Mexican Restaurant

Star rating: -* (yes, that is a negative sign)

Price: CHEAP

My friends and I went in for a quick bite before going out.. the restaurant was smelly and dirty first of all.. I had to ask 3 times for lemon for my water and the waitress finally brought out LIME even though we know she has lemon. I asked for NO beans.. saw her write something down.. and I got beans (she was probably drawing stick figures or something), my friend wanted to change her ice tea for root beer because it didnt taste good and that transaction took like 5 minutes because she didnt believe her. The cup she brought out was dirty and had leftover food at the top, and I almost threw up when I took a sip of the water because it was tappier than the tap water if that even makes sense... ugh... if you live in Houston, DO NOT go to this place.

Guest oh so delicious

Great Thai food and lovely atmosphere... went there this weekend for my birthday. ^_^

SEA

114 North 6th Street

Brooklyn, NY 11211

(718) 384 - 8850

Must try the duck on the menu! It's absolutely delicious!

Cream Puffs

--> Beard Papas (around NYU)

Rice Pudding

--> Rice to Riches

Spanish food

--> La Paella

214 East 9th Street

New York, NY 10003

(212) 598 -4321

Although the place is a bit small, the food is good. :)

Pizza

--> Lombardi's

32 Spring Street

New York, NY

(212)941 - 7994

American food

--> Bar 89

89 Mercer Street

New York, NY 10012

(212)274 - 0989

Food is good and the bathrooms are the coolest things. ^_^ The doors mist up.

Another good dessert place

--> Serendipity's

225 East 60th Street

New York, NY 10022

(212) 838- 3531

Frrozen hot chocolate... enough said! Service could be better though.

:lol: Can you tell I love to eat out?

• 2 weeks later...

Pho 79

727 N Broadway Ste 120

Los Angeles, CA 90012-2886

(213) 625-7026

I GIVE PHO 79 ***** (5/5 STARS BABY! lol)

They make the best Pho compared to other places. Prices are cheap compared to the one in Las Vegas.

What users are saying

Prompt seating: yes

Make reservations: no

Romantic: no

Good for kids: yes

Cuisines:

· Vietnamese, Fast Food

Price:· $

Payment:· Cash

Special Features:

· Kid Friendly

· Lunch Spot

· Cheap Eats

The Fish Market

( @ Irvine Spectrum)

71 FORTUNE DRIVE

IRVINE CA, 92618

949-727-3474

-Supported by their own fishery, fishing boat, and partnership in an oyster farm, The Fish Market serves fresh, high-quality seafood and operates nine restaurants, some featuring sushi bars and oyster bars and retail seafood markets.

Shik Do Rak 식도락

(theres one in LA & GG but Garden Grove tastes better)

- Dduk Bo Ssam 떡보쌈

Gil Mok 길목

( across the street from the Cerritos Mall)

- recommend the Dong Chi Mi Gook Su & Gal Bi 동치미 국수 & 갈비

ill find the addresses for the other restaurants

Pine Hill Korean BBQ Buffet on the street of Knott and Lincoln

-If you're a major meat lover then you should try this place and it's cheaper than Todai

Gilmok Korean BBQ located on South and Gridley (Right across from Toys R Us) Cerritos, California 90703

-If you're into Korean BBQ and like to order meat in portions then try this place

Guest ginaz s t y l e

Gil Mok 길목

( across the street from the Cerritos Mall)

- recommend the Dong Chi Mi Gook Su & Gal Bi 동치미 국수 & 갈비

ill find the addresses for the other restaurants

ahh GIL MOK's DONG CHIMI GOOKSOO is so TEMPTING right now..

i only been to one in LA

Gilmok Korean BBQ located on South and Gridley (Right across from Toys R Us) Cerritos, California 90703

-If you're into Korean BBQ and like to order meat in portions then try this place

yes gilmok is good. but they usually make me wait when i go

(one in LA)

• 1 month later...
Guest LAgirl_213

ahh GIL MOK's DONG CHIMI GOOKSOO is so TEMPTING right now..

i only been to one in LA

ME TOO..its good

PINK'S

709 N. La Brea Blvd., L.A., CA 90038

lot of tourists go there cuz they're famous for the hotdogs....it was on food network too^^

Guest System1430291513

404090303-a.jpg

Fontana Famous Pizza & Gyro

This is in bayside, NY and its the best greek diner food outside of Astoria. The pizza to me is nasty though, I never liked it. My favorite dish on their menu is their Chicken Souvlaki (kabob). I don't like regular souvlaki because I'm not a big lamb eater, the meat also seems a bit fatty. I'm not a gyro (Pronounced YEE-Roh) fan either, I don't like gyros. I like their Bakalva (pastery made from filo dough and some kind of nut with honey syrup). Their salads...are salads (yum, but I really cant tell the difference between salads because I usually just eat all the greens and give anyone else the tomatos, onions, or anything else).

Ill give it a 4/6! The service is nice, and the music is nice sometimes but not when the play that old greek music from like way back.

Archived