Which Language Would You Choose?

Guest aphotic twilight.

Guest aphotic twilight.

im chinese

and i want/going/have to learn a new language.

right now im deciding between korean

or japanese.

which would you choose?

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest iilovekimjeonghoon

Well at the moment I'm doing Japanese and I think it's quite enjoyable and easy to learn. :)

But it is your choice. :) Goodluck in choosing.

Guest eumsung

korean is quite hard..

but i know korean so right now i'm learning japanese..

and it's hard too haha...

depends on what you want but i hear japanese is easier to learn if that's a factor

Guest hipopdancer

korean is a lil hard for me.

i'll be studying that later, right now im studying japanese and i think it's much easier ^^

Guest IlikeChicken

Mmm...Japanese, I always wanted to learn Kanji since I already know how to read Hiragana/Katakana, plus their swear words sound nice lol.I would have said Korean but I kinda gave up on learning it when my mom tried teaching it to me, god she's horrible :mellow:

Guest jesseski

Well I learn Japanese now and I really enjoy it :) I like the sound of the language and the script that it's written in. It's reasonably easy. I really like Korean as well, but I find it really hard to pronounce O.o

Guest cpopbaby19

for me korean first. i don't know why i can't learn japanese. :x when a friend who knows japanese asks me in japanese, i can understand it, but i can't respond or sth. XD

plus, maybe i started off learning korean. :P it's kinda hard but it's really fun~ i haven't had formal language class though~ my korean friend is teaching me and i teach her tagalog in return (haha.) :P

Guest huangmeixi

Japanese is a lot more useful than Korean, unless you're going to work for the CIA or something and need to infiltrate NK or whatever. Go with Japanese. You've already got the kanji (Chinese characters) down, which most people say is the hardest part of learning it anyway.

If you're just doing it for entertainment purposes....I have a strong feeling your fervor for whatever will die down by the time you become fluent enough to not need subs.

Guest back-sue

I would learn Korean first because Japanese is so hectic and complicating. Well for me it was. Korean was much easier. I forgot Korean up until 4th grade, and I learned by just watching dramas and listening to music. Im Korean, so I dont know if that would work with you. But I know a lot of non-Koreans who learned it that way. :)

Good luck!

Guest iya.donghae

For me, it'd be Korean. I find the characters quite easy to write, but I still have some difficulty reading. I tried learning Japanese characters so I'd be a bit at ease when I actually go to Japanese classes, but I had no patience and didn't continue. With Korean, however, I found it enjoyable. I'm yet to take classes later this year when my schedule gets lighter. Pronounciation-wise, though, I find Japanese easier to pronounce.

My friend is self studying Japanese[reading + writing], and she's doing pretty good at reading. She can now read hiragana and katakana and several kanji. She finds it easier coz she knows Chinese.

Can't wait to get language lessons. :)

Guest mr. lovely

Korean or Japanese.

It'd be cool if I could understand what Asian celebrities are saying hahaha.

If we're talking about European languages, I'd wanna learn German. German is awesome 8D

Guest LazyAzian

Learn Japanese.

It has more advantages such as JPOP and high-tech objects.

Korean is easy in writing, pronunciation is ( X _ X ) `~ ♥

Guest xskyi

i would love to study korean in school but, they dont teach it. Korean isn't useable here. But why not for fun?!

I'm already sick of the language i'm learning in school. It's hard!

Archived